World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UI Optimization-Vol.12: Troop Group Video

Peter

Hello Commanders,

The rewards of Vol 11 will be distributed to Legend463. Thank you for your feedback on the UI optimization. PM me to claim the rewards.

As always, we will give away 3000 diamonds to the commanders that leave the top3 BEST comments of this volume. Come and leave your comments under this post! It can be suggestion, advice or opinion on our UI optimization. We will not deliver the diamonds if no good comments in the comment area.

In this volume, we will introduce the feature of troop group. The troop editing menu has been moved to the right hand, you can edit the groups or change the group that the troops are in on this menu. The group button is still on the left hand. You can expand the toggle next to it to check manage the 5 groups. Let's check the video to have more details.

• Upvote 1

Ok not to downplay your efforts but most of what your doing is just moving icons and buttons to different spots on the UI.

The only plus I saw with the group tabs is being able to select groups faster (which is needed in battle) rather than going to the troop tab then group. So I guess it does help. 

however there needs to be an increase on the number of groups to 10. Being limited to 5 groups makes managing troops harder especially for tankers who need to basically micromanage all their troops to spread and target as well. This is all needed when fighting a cannoneer player. Having more groups would make it easier to group more tank groups to help spread them better and to select more targets.

Now another helpful feature would be to add an icon above each troop that indicates what group they are in that way a player isn’t cycling thru groups to see which troops are in what group (let’s say your running 50 of the same troop you would want to know which of those 50 belong to group 1 and so on.)

• Like 1

It looks like what you guys are doing is renewing the game. I like this. It needs a new look. Heck it's looked the same for the 6 to 7 years I've played since beta. 

There are some things that I would like to see though 

Grouping tabs should be able to be selected faster like a hotbar per say, and it should say what units are in the group instead of (Group 1, Group 2, etc) during battle this is crucial for any competitive airman, tanker or cannoneer fight.

Second. Increase the Group number to 10. What I have seen is that maps are being introduced that focus on huge fights with each user having let's say 70-100 units it will suck as a tanker, myself included to have 30+ units in one Group. You are just gonna get wiped and it's unfun. 

Just overall suggestions for the game. Add more units and change the meta. That's what this game needs with all these UI changes. Thank you 

My username GTrooper

ID: 343963

• Like 1

The troops look pretty good,but the battlefield requires more natural elements like more trees and mountain ranges and improve rivers.The current natural elements are pretty repetitive make the maps bigger and increase the size of river system and mountain ranges should look more natural

After few changes the battlefield will look a lot clean and will look like real world battlefield

I'm starting to like how it looks but I have questions:
1. Why only 5 groups? add more.
2. What is this mark in the city in the form of a question mark?
3. How to open the group list and see their hp?
4. I would like to see a big battle (ready to help you and take part in it) will there be delays we love so much, disappearances of units and will the size of this window be enough and will all these icons interfere with control

• Like 1

Very impressive video. The planners and creators are really good about placing these things as an element for us to learn and utilize it towards the battlefield. Does not disappoint! Again something that I wanna point out is the extra element and weather, other obstacles that could present a problem for individuals or leagues. However on the most part I’ve been at this game for five years and truly love it like it started yesterday. Thank you for everything that you’ve done to help build the community up and give individuals an opportunity to compete on the battlefield. SFC Bruce

Blowing it up and keeping it fresh truly makes it exciting and challenging. I believe in keeping it simple stupid rule or kiss for short. Keep doing what you’re doing as even after five years I’m still learning. I am a USA Army veteran combat medic. The biggest thing that I have is understanding chain of command, and communication which is the key to success virtually and everything. World warfare creators, you’ve got it in your pocket and it’s going to stay perfect thank you SFC Bruce

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I never use troop groups and avoid using the list when possible. The buttons are too small for my fat greasy American fingers to press. It usually takes 3-4 press to get the right button or to get it to work. That’s like 30 clicks to assign 6 units, assign one wrong delete it’s assignment and correct it, lol. Fix that and I’m a pig in mud!