World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you want to adjust cool down time for switching leagues?

Guest Manson1975

How do you want to adjust cool down time for switching leagues?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Manson1975

Commanders!

As you know, there is a 4-hour cool down time for switching leagues. We have received feedback from some commanders hoping we can make it shorter. Now we would like to hear YOUR ideas on how to adjust it! Join us in the poll and share your thoughts!!!

• Peter featured and pinned this topic

Maybe it should be 4 hours to switch leagues, but 2 hours to go from no league to joining a league.  What about non-league battlefields.  Anyone from a league can play, but only one league member per field.  That would create more alliances and help teach new players how to communicate and fight, because they will be in the game longer.  Bf's with huge leagues are not fun if your league is small or you arent in a league.

• Upvote 1

I think if you add up all the comments you get a good idea.

1. If you get booted from a league no cool-down. It wasn't by choice and you usually need the protection. 
  2. swapping between 2 leagues (which is the question of this survey) has to be at least the 2 hours same as when you change diplomatic status.  Spying and hopping used to be an issue before the cooldown was implemented now it's hardly ever that I hear about it. But it could rise back up if cooldown is taken away. 4 hours is a bit long though so I would like to see it a little shorter. 
  3. I'm on the fence about not being able to swap leagues until end of battlefield. More than likely if your accepted to a league and going to wait the cooldown you are not just hopping to join the winning league. But when we're winning a bf you get bombarded with people looking to jump on the winning horse. We don't normally accept unless we've been in talks or worked together before. On the other side of that if you are in an inactive league there's no good reason you should have to leave the bf just to join a better league. Since I'm stuck on the fence I say this stays as is let em join with cool down. 

My 2 cents...

I say when in a battlefield the cool down should remain even if kicked, if you leave an exception then people will learn to take advantage of it. I also feel though that the cool down when not in a battlefield field is pointless. There are times where leagues ally or cross members after a battle. This shouldn't be hindered by cool down. There isn't a tactical or strategic necessity for a cool down period when not in a battlefield.

I say no cool down if you are booted. 2-4 hours cooldown if in battlefield. No, cool down if you are not in a battlefield. Also, we've had people accidentally quit, they should be able to come right back into the original league without a wait. Yes, that is easy to do on an iPhone. 

one last point, several people stated it is not fair to kick memebers. Actually it is fair to kick for cause, when trust and league rules are violated. 

• Upvote 1

remove cooldown option. this option is totally useless. players are jumping to different leagues without intimating to leader because a player is applying to league and he is waiting for approval. so in the same way before he jumping to different league. the player must write a note to leader( resigning from league) create this option like recommended when leaving.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool down for changing leagues of 1 hr seems fair. That give Leagues time to check the individual out to verify who they are, label them a "ship jumper", a spy, a rat, a noob, or just a individual that didnt work out.

In the case of players leaving leagues to battle with a different league only to return to their league should have harsher consequences. Maybe there should be a 24 hr cool down to return to any league you have left or joined within 24 hr period.

If a player is in a BF with a League, make it the LEADERS option to choose wether to Ban the player from the field to a force "surrender" or allow the player to just be banned from the league.  (Ex: In main screen where there is Boxes to check on what level members can make what decisions. Add a box that says something to the effect "banned players in BF force surrender" or "Not"). Therefore, when a player joins a league they understand this is a option and THINK twice before they make any decisions. Have the option shown on the Leagues Information Page. (Ex: League BF Ban/Leave = Force Surrender) or (League BF Ban/Leave = Normal)

In regards to players who are repeatedly banned from leagues within a specific amount of time ... there should be a FLAG to their IG name. Maybe there could be a 72 hr ban on that player from joining ANY LEAGUE and that player would have a notification on their Profile. (Ex: a Red Flag symbol)  Also, if it was possible on the 3rd ban within that set time... there might could be a notification that POPs up stating to the LEAGUE person who is banning that player ...."Report Reason:____________________", and it would go to support and support could place the 72 hr ban. This creates a record and if this player is a repeat offender, then he/she should be BANNED permanently.  [maybe it would be possible for the report to go to FORUM and the minimum sentence reason be placed on a list for all to see.]

These are just ideas...I have experience in this area through our own gaming co. Its extremely hard to manage difficult players and balance the wishes of the main player community, all while implementing the requests as best possible through developers.

5 minutes ago, SportHorseDiva said:

In the case of players leaving leagues to battle with a different league only to return to their league should have harsher consequences. Maybe there should be a 24 hr cool down to return to any league you have left or joined within 24 hr period.

ALSO, this would apply to players whom are Banned from a league then are allowed to re-join.

Edited by SportHorseDiva

• Guest unpinned this topic
  • Guest pinned this topic
  • Guest unfeatured and unpinned this topic