World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Less Trash Talk Please.

SnakeEater

Trash talk, it is a common problem in multiplayer online games. It is something I have seen during game play since I have started playing this game about 6 months ago. But recently it seems that the trash talk has spilled over into both the forums and out of game chat rooms. Everyone has something to say about someone, Doesn't matter whether it's true or not. This guy is a noob, that guy is an a** hole. Others are calling people out. Come beat us if you can. That one doesn't make since to me because if they all come and gang up, then that someone will say well you only won because it was 240 people vs 20.

I say all of this because in WeFew we have a zero tolerance policy for trash talk from members. I also say this because we just finished a battle that had the most PvP fighting I have been in since I have started playing. Now during this battle not only I but multiple people from our league and the other leagues all fought hard and had to replace their troops multiple times. There were Capitols sacked, level 5 League Cities destroyed, converted and abandoned. It was mass hysteria from about day three until literally 2 minutes before the game ended. It was ABSOLUTELY the most fun game I have played yet. I also feel the other leagues represented had just as good of an experience as we did. No one begged for you to ally, or cried when you attacked. They just gathered their armies and attacked back. The one thing that made that possible was there was NO, and I mean NO trash talking from any league during the entire battle. I saw a lot of "great fight guys", "man we didn't expect that good job," but we didn't see trash talking, bashing of players or whining. Just honorable warfare. 

I really feel if we let our fighting do the talking, and if you lose so what, learn from the mistakes you made, or from the lessons you were just taught by your opponent and get better. There are counters to gemming, and to every other thing in this game. Don't complain about the completely legal actions used by your opponent. Learn to counter it. And most of all HAVE FUN.

So lastly I give will a roll call; Killjoys, DemiGodz, War1war, Goodoldboys, IT WAS AN HONOR. Thank you.

• Upvote 5

• Guest pinned this topic

This and the chat rules all tie together. It is down the responsibility of the league leadership to keep the trash talking to a minimum. If it can be done for most then the rest can do it, if they want a good time in the match. Obviously your going to have those trolls who will talk sh*t all match no matter what but if the leadership within the league can keep a handle on things then overall the experience will be much more enjoyable. Snake very well written to out it lightly..

3 hours ago, Barthel said:

This and the chat rules all tie together. It is down the responsibility of the league leadership to keep the trash talking to a minimum. If it can be done for most then the rest can do it, if they want a good time in the match. Obviously your going to have those trolls who will talk sh*t all match no matter what but if the leadership within the league can keep a handle on things then overall the experience will be much more enjoyable. Snake very well written to out it lightly..

But isn't there a limit on how lenient a CINC can be? I saw a league leader who was full out racist and made sexual encounters on girls who played the game....they don't play anymore. They should do random searches.....

• Upvote 1

I agree, random drop ins by mods would help a lot in this aspect. But I honestly believe much of the policing could be done by the respectable players I. The leagues. Simply by not responding to such trolls but granting and allowing no quarter to those players or leagues and making sure they are punished  by being rapidly and expoditiously removed from any map they enter. Just my thoughts personally 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DaddyoWolf said:

I agree, random drop ins by mods would help a lot in this aspect. But I honestly believe much of the policing could be done by the respectable players I. The leagues. Simply by not responding to such trolls but granting and allowing no quarter to those players or leagues and making sure they are punished  by being rapidly and expoditiously removed from any map they enter. Just my thoughts personally 

How about players who are known to be respectable earn points. 50 points and then they can have a moderator symbol...

44 minutes ago, Florian said:

How about players who are known to be respectable earn points. 50 points and then they can have a moderator symbol...

Moderator isn't just given out because someone has a good rep. Lol! They are employees so not a viable option there for other players to have a "moderator" title and go around doing god knows what. Once there is new options for chat to personally be able to mute a player and most start ignoring it all together the problems will cease. Having a plethora of untrained people representing the moderation can be a very very poor decision for any company or community. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barthel said:

Moderator isn't just given out because someone has a good rep. Lol! They are employees so not a viable option there for other players to have a "moderator" title and go around doing god knows what. Once there is new options for chat to personally be able to mute a player and most start ignoring it all together the problems will cease. Having a plethora of untrained people representing the moderation can be a very very poor decision for any company or community. 

REPUTATION GIVEN BY COMPANY. You earn it and maybe have an agreement of some sort and they have to be checked

15 minutes ago, Florian said:

REPUTATION GIVEN BY COMPANY. You earn it and maybe have an agreement of some sort and they have to be checked

Still not a pheasible option. I had moderator for Xbox when I worked for Xbox customer support and even then my profile never displayed I was a mod. There doesn't need to be more mods. People need to understand what is good, playful trash talk and what is just unsporting conduct that leads to further shit. It's on us not joycrafter so moderators jumping around taking time away from their actual roles is kinda unnecessary unless it's really warranted like some situations....few and far between....call for them. 

Don't rely on the mods. If someone is trash talking or being disrespectful in chat, handle it yourself. Click on their name, click view capitol, engage them until they surrender = no more chat issues. 

Edited by Jamz
  • Upvote 3

I like that moderator idea though. I used to play runescape a lot and I used to be a moderator for them. They're called  "player moderators" or PMS cause they were a pain in everyone's....you get the idea. Anyway, they had additional options to temporarily mute a player for abusive lanuage and such. When I did that it would mute the player for 2 hours, they couldn't talk period. Not global chat, not guild chat, not even private messages to prevent them from pming me ranting and raving. When I mute someone I had an hour to email in screenshots of the situation, with a small report on what happened and why I muted him, during the second hour the material was reviewed by paid employees and they then decided what, if any, action would be take. If I was late sending it in, then the player would be unmuted 2 hours after and they could resume talking hopefully in a more respectful manner. All I had to do was play the game and report what I saw

Edited by Boredomfalls

• 1 month later...

You only hate trash talk, because YOU SUCK NOOB!!!

J/K ... I agree. I don't like how bad it gets sometimes. I don't mind good-fun trash, with the emphasis on fun. This isn't life and if this game makes you feel good about yourself, it's time to go outside for a bit. Actually I use that line sometimes when it gets bad. Or I just don't go to Battlefield chat. 

• Upvote 1

• Guest unpinned and locked this topic