World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Boycott league cups

Boredomfalls

Gemming has been an issue in this game since it was first released. But it didn't used to be such an issue. As of late there has been a strong uprising about regulating gems and making it more fair to those who don't gem or use very few. League cups are where this issue really takes hold. It's not based on skill as it should be but who can spend more to gem turrets and pasify during an attack. Yet to date nothing has been done about this. The constant gem spamming is ruining the fun and strategy of this game slowly turning it into another "Game of War" which the game has completely collapsed due to its dependency of paying to do anything. We do not wish this game to become another statistic like that. 

As a result of the lack of action several major leagues have decided to boycott the League cups. This is not something we take lightly.

All league who are participating in this boycott please post below your league name and member count. Anyone who sees their league name has already been posted please do not duplicate it and simply give the original post reputation to show support. 

Wolfpack lead by Telwar with a current member count of 35 will be participating in this boycott. 

Edited by Boredomfalls
  • Upvote 5

As I've already stated in the Line room, I think this should be given very careful thought by the players and devs. A "free game" is t free, they have people they need to pay and owners and investors that need to see a profit from it or it will go away. I happen to love this game and don't want to see it vanish. I have heard and understand the complaints on the last cup in silver league and there does seem to be room for some adjustments. However please keep in mind it's those willing to spend that keep the gaming going and growing.

Daddy, all that is well understood from the league official representing those leagues backing out. I heard their complaints and I agree. There is another thread dedicated to the league cups being gemmed but they are standing down and protesting this tournament. 

That being said, this is only a league tournament. It will not discourage any players from buying gems because many of the public players out there don't want to participate in the cup anyway yet still buy the packs. The inflow of money will not be really affected in the way you may think with this. It will only force the hand for future cups like a buy in option and once in, no gem usage allowed or the like. You want the most level playing field as possible so if everyone has to pay, and this is hypothetical and an example,  it pay 2000 diamonds to enter and then once the battle starts, it feels like you have no gems. You can't use them. That way everyone in the cup has the same advantage. No money will be affected if anything, it will encourage some to buy that certain pack because hey I could get into the tournament! 

You need to see all those possibilities from the business aspect. If you want to please your customers, listen to them and find the solutions. Same as a government. This is a simple protest so let them protest. People are still going to play and the global war will still be there. 

Rant over :D 

CPT Barthel

Sound and well reasoned response, thank you. I agree I've seen some great ideas out there by many players, and to this point I think the devs have listened and are listening. Again I can only compare to other games and companies I have dealt with and so far this crew seems nicely responsive. Communication in here or in the chat rooms is key certainly. And unity of the players is vital. I just don't want to see an over reaction by some. Not saying you, but I know there are many in the gaming world who believe free games should be able to be won by free players and that's just not the nature of the business world or gaming model. 

However er I hownstly appreciate your well spoken response. And yes there are some tweaks that will make it better for sure. Having heard some of the outrageous spending that went on last season.

• Upvote 1

Tried to make it sound as professional as possible while inebriated lol. As a businessman myself, it's all about the income to cover overhead. Same for the 8th. We drop almost 400 a month for all of our services and utilities and being in just about the same if not more from donations. Those donations we could say would be the same as the gems, obviously it doesn't affect our gameplay on PC as here but those donations go to the continuance of the 8th and being able to host servers for all to play on. Gotta spend to make but it is all about finding the correct balance between free and freemium content. 

The support for this game is just awesome. I had to use the contact us option to talk with support and not only was the response..... Somewhat swift but it was detailed and very personal. They support agent not only helped to solve the issue but went above and beyond after the fact to make sure that the person behind the problem was having a better day. You do not get that care from others! Just shows you right there that they do care and this game, and company has done a great job and from my eyes will continue to do such.

Ok so full disclosure....in silver cup my first time ever....only been in the game maybe 6 weeks?!? Check my join date to here will be about right.

so got my backside plastered by GODZ, cheers for them they did a right good job of it. 

I spent honestly about 11k give or take in the first 24h (less time as I joined late and was playing catch up)  but they had far more and too much skill and strength for me. Gives me reason to doubt my earlier comments about spending caps but still want the game profitable. 

Dont want to take anything away from GODZ, you can't just pull out a CC and even number 1. It still takes the time effort and work, just makes things faster and easier and I am a small spender myself lol

• 1 month later...