World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not a navy guy, but...

Boredomfalls

I do love this map exactly how it is. It gives you options, and a variety of things to consider. Wolfpack has had some awesome naval battles and some great air battles in this map. And I give those participant a lot of credit. But This map allows you the choice to play your preference, and not be hindered, while still taking into account other aspects. 

If you prefer air like me, if forces you to adapt to possible naval defenses and attacks. It brings in a whole new aspect of play, if nothing else, and I know this would add to the memory needed but I am okay with that, keep both maps. Forcing you to constantly adapt. Randomly being thrown into one or the other. 

I remember playing on Golden Empire when that first came out and what a failure it was. It wasn't a failure because of the inclusion of naval but because of the exclusion. It was marketed as a naval map but the waterways were blocked by land. So once you had invested into a naval fleet of 20 ships, you the. move into the middle ring, and your navy was now obsolete. This addresses that issue. 

It was also too heavily focused on fighting the rebels. The gold mines were an awesome idea, and I would like to see something similar incorporated into this map. But as a draw back holding mines won't give you a drastic score increase like it did so the game doesn't become about Rebels again. 

This map is an equal balance of attacking rebels for resources and fighting on the front lines for cities. It keeps you moving and thinking ahead constantly. Rewards teamwork because of the distance and punishes those who don't. I've seen people come out of the wood works left and right more so than before trying to find allies and leagues and the such. And for being an advocate for World Warfare it warms by cold black hole of a heart that I normally use to hide my troops in. Lol

There are literally 2 things I would change about this and in my mind the game would be perfect. Number 1 a cool down timer from when you leave a league to when you can join another. I've seen the same person switch leagues no less than 4 times just so they could say they were in the strongest league in the map. League hoppers are disrespectful freeloaders sitting on the success of others. 

Number 2 change the ranking system in maps to the old system. Based on score not number of cities. Right now I'm 24 in my field holding 4 cities with a score of 56k. The person holding 25th has 3 cities and a score of 125k. I missed a day and a half of this round. And I'll be honest because of that I don't deserve to be a higher rank than him because a league mate ran out of flags while taking a city and I dropped paratroopers to take it for him. Number of cities doesn't show skill. It just shows how many bases you need to take from them before they're forced to surrender. Troop numbers. Units destroyed. Kill/death ratio. Buildings destroyed. Counter attacking when an Allie is in trouble. Teamwork. Perseverance. These things are what show skill. Granted some are easier to track through a screen than others. But the number of cities you have could be sheer coincidence and does not represent an efficient commander or league and should not be a determining factor outside of the score those cities provide in what ranking you hold in that map. 

• Upvote 1

And I thought I had this in my initial post but I guess not. Even if this map isn't kept, keep the speed for the naval units the way they are. That was the biggest hinderence. I understand it's not realistic, but at least then it wouldn't be a half hour steam to the next city over. It would help encourage naval users to stick with naval wreaking havoc along the coast

• 1 month later...