World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Warfare Chonicles- I Have Been Downed...

Oracle

On Sunday, I really felt as if I was doing work on the Island. I foiled attacks by numerically superior foes with superior strategies. I conquered enemy commanders, breaking their willingness to respawn and continue the fight by crippling their economies, destroying their units in ground wars, and standing victorious as I change their borders from red to blue through the capture of their lands. Then abruptly, my glorious conquests seemingly hit a brick wall as green aircraft surrounded by red rings projected a large shadow on my capital and reduced it to a pile of rubble in less time than a fat kid to devour an apple pie. The Not-So-Friendly-And-Most-Powerful-League on my battlefield paid me a not-so-friendly visit to persuade me to cease my actions. As I reviewed the smoldering pile of rock and flames which once stood as my home, I felt kinda defeated, as if my internal fires which were alive and hot were reduced to cold smoke. Then I noticed they only leveled my city and not any other slave cities of slave sites. So, I began to rebuild my powerful force again, vowing to return the favor in due fashion. However, I will complete the job. 

This attack prompted me to discuss two things, the first being the current bomber. I was attacked by 31, YES, 31 bombers. It would have been enough to remove me from the map entirely, yet their attack halted at destroying a city. They didn't destroy my resource centers, whichever fully upgraded and continued to feed my sub-cities. They didn't destroy my military zones, all which were fully upgraded and held troops which continue to allow me to wage war, wrecking havoc for their allies. They launched an incomplete attack, only turning a eagle eye onto their existence and gaining a methodical and thorough enemy with a long memory in the process. So, why even attack if you aren't going to finish the job? Idk

The second thing I'd like to discuss the the power of the bomber. It is strong, likely the strongest unit in the game. I'm happy for its introduction, yet I feel unlocking it at level 10 is a bit early. We have many young players who are trying to adjust to the slow pace of the game without knowing how to play. As they blindly fumble along, their city is wiped by a Commander who seemingly has accessed the power of The Roman god Jupiter, which will discourage them from replaying the game. Again I would not want the power retarded, or nerfed for those who feel I'm being insensitive. I do feel it should be the last aircraft to be unlocked and should be released at a level >15. To make such a bold suggestion, I need to provide a compromise which I have listed it before. Yes, the answer would be a mid-game fighter/bomber which will fill a capable bomber role of destroying cities, yet be specialized in attacking troops, and not be as powerful against buildings as our Flying Fortress. Am I alone in this feeling? Are there any of you who share my perception and wish to see a change? Let me know. 

Edited by Oracle
  • Upvote 1

The second thing I'd like to discuss the the power of the bomber. It is strong, likely the strongest unit in the game. I'm happy for its introduction, yet I feel unlocking it at level 10 is a bit early. We have many young players who are trying to adjust to the slow pace of the game without knowing how to play. As they blindly fumble along, their city is wiped by a Commander who seemingly has accessed the power of The Roman god Jupiter, which will discourage them from replaying the game. Again I would not want the power retarded, or nerfed for those who feel I'm being insensitive. I do feel it should be the last aircraft to be unlocked and should be released at a level >15. To make such a bold suggestion, I need to provide a compromise which I have listed it before. Yes, the answer would be a mid-game fighter/bomber which will fill a capable bomber role of destroying cities, yet be specialized in attacking troops, and not be as powerful against buildings as our Flying Fortress. Am I alone in this feeling? Are there any of you who share my perception and wish to see a change? Let me know. 

Hmmm, fighter bomber, good for us all. You can furnish a pocket thesis on that.

• Upvote 2