World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New tech tree

BladeGuner

I don't like it. I think the best think this game had going for it was that everyone started each battle on the same level, the only thing older players brought with them was their experience.  Nobody could complain that the older players had an advantage because everyone started new each battle. Now, with the tech tree that's been thrown out and new players have a real complaint, older players will have a huge advantage. It really is a nice piece of programming , but I don't remember ever seeing anyone suggest that this get added to the game. I think you took one of the best features of the game and threw it out so you could look like all the other war games out there. If we wanted to play like that, there are 100s of other choices out there to do that.  

Yes this is going to make it really hard to keep new players around. Blueprints should be much easier to obtain and everything should be unlocked every map if you want to keep the tech tree. You could make it so it is unlocked at previous level obtained so you are wasting tons of gold upgrading them every time 

33 minutes ago, Jamin said:

Yes this is going to make it really hard to keep new players around. Blueprints should be much easier to obtain and everything should be unlocked every map if you want to keep the tech tree. You could make it so it is unlocked at previous level obtained so you are wasting tons of gold upgrading them every time 

So matchmaking is reasonable perhaps

57 minutes ago, Peter said:

Experienced player meets other experienced players :)

So when the battlefield starts it will be built based on experience, isolating new players from experienced ones, eliminating the opportunity to teach them?  Or will there be a graduation process sooner than later to get them into the field where we are?  They've probably not thought this out fully yet, just making a suggestion not to keep experienced players isolated from new ones, still yet this is shifting from the original attraction of the game, put everyone in a field with the exact same opportunity no matter their experience level.  

Still dont like it :(, sry Peter

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Slapjack said:

So when the battlefield starts it will be built based on experience, isolating new players from experienced ones, eliminating the opportunity to teach them?  Or will there be a graduation process sooner than later to get them into the field where we are?  They've probably not thought this out fully yet, just making a suggestion not to keep experienced players isolated from new ones, still yet this is shifting from the original attraction of the game, put everyone in a field with the exact same opportunity no matter their experience level.  

Okay, things have not been determined yet, luckily you gave us advice, so we can adjust everything. Thanks a lot!

4 minutes ago, Slapjack said:

Maybe there is a mechanism like army rank 3 players can join the battlefield filled with level 1-5, while level 5 can join a battlefield with players in level 5-10

On February 2, 2016 at 5:06 AM, Peter said:

Okay, things have not been determined yet, luckily you gave us advice, so we can adjust everything. Thanks a lot!

Maybe there is a mechanism like army rank 3 players can join the battlefield filled with level 1-5, while level 5 can join a battlefield with players in level 5-10

Peter that would work kinda you are still insulating the newest players from the most experienced and you will have maps with all new players half of which won't finish the first match. I wish it wasn't true but some people are just looking for the next clash of clans and this isn't it.

9 hours ago, Jamin said:

Peter that would work kinda you are still insulating the newest players from the most experienced and you will have maps with all new players half of which won't finish the first match. I wish it wasn't true but some people are just looking for the next clash of clans and this isn't it.

Okay, hmm, so please advice me :)

I think you guys fudged up your game with the tech tree like on my blog there are 100 other games with it if we wanted it why would we play your game your game was one of a kind cause it didn't have the tech tree it was 1 in a million now it is right in with that million your game was like a red bike in with  a million white ones now it is white too or should I say it was yellow cause your game made me happy it released my stress from school now it is just kinda getting boring 

:(

• Upvote 1

The issue is people's patience to the game you can't isolate new from old players because new players learn from old to stay around longer. And the more players you keep staying around the more the old players can keep playing. Old players move on eventually in all games ever made. It takes the new to keep it alive and also the more players the more chances for the developers to make money.

the tech tree you have isn't that bad to give people something to work at getting a new unit. So when I sit back and look at it as if I never played before and don't know anything about older maps. Or older game play. Then I can't hate because it makes me excited to unlock a unit someone else might not have. So people have to be smart on what they unlock.

the biggest issue I see in the new tech tree. Is the overall cost in gold to get the units lvled. I need 4 months worth of gold at the current rate and speed of players not knowing they should push to the middle and fight and not sit back in the back like they can't move 2 hours away from there starting spot. We need gold people so move and cap those dang vp places or you will be on the forums complaining for a long time. 

Now last thing which is very important let's say you go with my ideas and lower the gold for each lvl you move a troop, if you make this change you have to consider the players that have already upgraded like me for example I'm sitting in 10,000 gold because I wasted 500,000 so I can upgrade the right troops in the path I want to go to get the bigger troops. How can you compensate those players.

This is why that important you lowered the requirements for bombers and other troops that I had unlocked useing what little blue prints I had and people that was still learning which way they was going to go gets a cheaper ride then I have. So it wasn't fair to me. The compensation bp and gold you sent out went to everyone so they still get the upper hand your system keeps track of how many bp and gold people have and what they have unlocked it's not that hard when you make changes to consider the people that is effected and comp them the right way and give them a credit on allready spent gold or bp.

thats all for now

• Upvote 1