World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Movement speed suggestion

Snake Eater

I'm loving the game so far it's different than most war strategy/ tactics game. I like the lovely speed of units and how the game plays out on the battlefield, but at times it does seem like it plays out slower than what you would imagine. Most strategy games have different speeds usually starts out with x0.5 speed and you can move it up if you wanted. What I'm trying to say is that you guys might want to play around with the idea of making the movement speed of units a little higher. Right now it feels like x0.5 speed, boosting it to a x1.0 speed or to make it feel that way would be a great idea.

There already have been announcements of updates to boosting unit speeds. Giving it a "Speed Booster" or "Fast Travel" would already break the system's "as realistic as possible" methodology it's trying to achieve. The supposed updates included was the ability to upgrade paths into roads and such in order to increase the unit's speed. 

Current features that are already implemented to increase unit speed is using the Blitz Tactic and/or making the unit have higher morale.

• Upvote 1

Having experienced this type of warfare first hand (simulation/re-enacting) I like the speed. It make planning and strategy a critical part of the game. I think if we make things faster we will have a runaway issue. I for one spend many hrs playing so it would help me a lot, but it would ruin battles quickly.

• Upvote 1

i think all the planes should fly much faster, the mustang fighter plane should be the fastest of them all. on another note the speed of the the transport plane is absoultly painful to watch and even more painful when you come back to check on them and it looks like they've only flown over a patch of trees in 10 min haha..... like c'mon peter go to bat for us buddy, make something happen

• Upvote 1

i think all the planes should fly much faster, the mustang fighter plane should be the fastest of them all. on another note the speed of the the transport plane is absoultly painful to watch and even more painful when you come back to check on them and it looks like they've only flown over a patch of trees in 10 min haha..... like c'mon peter go to bat for us buddy, make something happen

Sir, I still remember I went to battle last time, I got rekt hard by a guy with arty and bombers..:( 

For the troop speed, we are going to let you upgrade roads and build other buildings on your own. 14 more weapons are going to unlock soooon.

I would be loathe to see the movement speeds set faster. I am not so opposed to building roads but one thing I feel was very important in the WWII  era but missing in this game is  the use of rail.  I wouldnt  mind seeing the use  of rail or building  rail inside  the  game but I think it should be very expensive and difficult to use  and only connect cities and  not  connect to villages.  

One other thing that might help since the artillery, atg and AA guns are so slow is  to hook them up to jeeps and let jeeps tow them. Of course this would reduce the speed of the jeeps a  bit but would increase the value of maintaining a few jeeps around and  wouldnt need to move the guns to an airbase.

• Upvote 2

I feel for boats you should make a deep water and a shallower water and have boats go much faster in deep water. Near land I can easily see boats slowing down to avoid rocks and not cause too many waves and such, but in open water a boat should not be slower than a tank or most ground units in general. For planes in combat I think they shouldn't slow down in combat because I remember shooting one of the legion map jet fighters with aa and turrets and it was basically stopped. When getting shot at I would think a plane would keep moving anyway. 

• Upvote 1