World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Units will not attack who you tell them to

Buggs1a

This has been a major issue all year since I been playing. I tell units to attack other units and they will not. 

If you tell the unit to attack something they better damn attack it. And it is extremely pissing me off to no end your game is so stupid that the game doesn't do what you tell it to. Why in the hell play when the game won't do what you say??? 

You have a village. Infantry standing next to it. I tell my units to attack the infantry. Nope. The driver of my units disobey my orders and goes to attack the defenseless village all while my units get damaged. This also happens with sniper towers and turrets. Same thing. Units should attack defensive buildings first. Not a defenseless village or buildings that don't fight back. 

If there is a turret or sniper tower then units need to attack them first. To not is suicide and stupid. When a unit attacks them and blows it up they need to focus on the other sniper towers etc. but most of the time they don't. 

This is usually because the enemy unit it visible to you, but not spotted by the friendly  unit.  Most often fixed by having scouts jeep or plane nearby

26 minutes ago, Buggs1a said:

This has been a major issue all year since I been playing. I tell units to attack other units and they will not. 

If you tell the unit to attack something they better damn attack it. And it is extremely pissing me off to no end your game is so stupid that the game doesn't do what you tell it to. Why in the hell play when the game won't do what you say??? 

You have a village. Infantry standing next to it. I tell my units to attack the infantry. Nope. The driver of my units disobey my orders and goes to attack the defenseless village all while my units get damaged. This also happens with sniper towers and turrets. Same thing. Units should attack defensive buildings first. Not a defenseless village or buildings that don't fight back. 

If there is a turret or sniper tower then units need to attack them first. To not is suicide and stupid. When a unit attacks them and blows it up they need to focus on the other sniper towers etc. but most of the time they don't. 

What are you talking about? 

But it doesn't matter because units are supposed to do what you tell them too. And it doesn't matter what units I use. My units can see the other units just fine. And I have used jeeps a lot with other units. Makes no difference. 

Edited by Buggs1a

4 hours ago, Buggs1a said:

What are you talking about? 

But it doesn't matter because units are supposed to do what you tell them too. And it doesn't matter what units I use. My units can see the other units just fine. And I have used jeeps a lot with other units. Makes no difference. 

Well obviously some thing is happening that is causing this. Id recommend the tutorial on YouTube.

• Upvote 1

No need to be mean  

I also did this thread for the dev. Not some jerk like you to reply in the way you did. And if you are on the team you should be disciplined for your attitude. 

I did this thread for the dev. Not to be put down by you. And just because one has an issue and another does not doesn't mean everything is peachy. If you don't have anything nice to say then leave me lone. 

Edited by Buggs1a

3 hours ago, Buggs1a said:

No need to be mean  

I also did this thread for the dev. Not some jerk like you to reply in the way you did. And if you are on the team you should be disciplined for your attitude. 

I did this thread for the dev. Not to be put down by you. And just because one has an issue and another does not doesn't mean everything is peachy. If you don't have anything nice to say then leave me lone. 

Well, I've already told you several reasons why you may be having the issue. I even recommended a tutorial that explains how all of the orders work. If you dont know what an order does, it may appear that the unit is disobeying when in fact its doing exactly what its supposed to. For example, a unit has 2 behaviors when given an attack order depending on if you click the ground or an enemy unit. Both are valid orders but give two completely different results.

Im sorry if you feel my response was mean, i assure you it wasn't, it was blunt though. If some one is trying to help you and you give this respose:

12 hours ago, Buggs1a said:

I don't need a video. Units are supposed to do what you tell them to period. 

Then in my opinion you are the problem and it has nothing to do with the units.

Either way, I'm done trying to help you. 

Good luck.

Thank u for not helping me anymore. I posted for the dev. Your response tells me to just stick with in game support.

it is a problem when you tell units to do something and they will not. That's a problem period. The tutorial video didn't help because I already have done that. 

And as I said the issue is with any unit. I have had jeeps etc and it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter anyway because a unit should do what you tell them to period end of discussion. It's stupid if units don't.