World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Old device support.

Panzerwerfer42

I understand the need to drop support for old devices. Can’t this be done at the battlefield entry screen instead of the game connection/load screen?  

I suggest re-enabling old devices, but block them from entering battlefields. This would preserve the playing experience by not allowing out dated equipment to be in battlefield. However, you gain numerous benefits:

- Recover old accounts, these can linked to an account not previously done, so it may be transferred to a new device that is supported.

- Communication, league members can still send and read mail and messages.

- Purchases, members can still purchase items using the old device for accounts they recover, or simply having a secondary device to managed the account with.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:08 PM, Jasper said:

I can run this game on my iPhone 4 and play battlefields even though it sends me messages about the game not being supported. However, it lags endlessly, so I now play on a supported device.

Unfortunately my iPad refuses to update the game. Launching causes it to prompt me there is an update. The update says incompatible and offers to install the latest compatible version. Upon launching the newly installed previous compatible version, it again prompts me that an update is available.