World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Enclaves, Trains, Advanced Transports

PaidToKill

Here goes a post I intend to kept short-ish and to the point with several ideas I have thought about so here we go.

To start the Military Zones we have remind me more of forward stations/outposts. Not that of a militarized zone attached to our admin areas. In my personal opinion I find them useful, but to a degree. I would love to see them to have the option to be detached from the admin areas and used as an enclave that could control itself (possibly a small area surrounding it) and need to be supplied with food, fuel, and ammo from deliveries by other cities. This would change tactical gameplay rather than just amassing cities in chunks all over. Plus the coding would already have a base here. There's a neutral section for un attached admin areas. A slight tweaking to the scripting would allow a new "enclave" tab and allow for detached controlled, usable areas.

Next is transportation. Not troops, but resources. Those going to/from player and league areas both. We already have planes in the league cities, why not add that to higher level commercial centers for players to reduce time to spend moving resources? Plus you're increasing weight load wouldn't a large plane transport make more sense later on than the smaller covered transport used now? Coding already exists in league stuff for it, just reskin/add a plane and a whole new concept in the realm of transportation.

Trains... Being the WW2 fanatic I am... Trains played a key role both in the conflict and outside of it. By short cutting traffic routes, allow MASSIVE volume movement of gear, soldiers, supplies, etc. Even if just used for resource or smaller troop movement would still be a lovely addition to the game. Hehe maybe could even tie it into the whole independent enclave/military zone ideas...

I have a few more thoughts on stuff... But would love to hear some feedback on this little list I threw together.

Edited by PaidToKill
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...