World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In-Game Instructor Recruit

Peter

• Peter unpinned this topic
On May 13, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Peter said:

The game now is growing rapidly and the player base is getting bigger and bigger. Before the matchmaking system comes out, new players are seemingly hard to survive in battlefields. So now we are looking for Instructors that are passionate, patient and wanting to help new player in battlefields. We believe that we have many veterans in the community are willing to help others!

Event Duration: 5/13-5/31 PDT

Was this a success? Continued? How will instructors aid in new newbie matchmaking system or are they going to solely be taught by objectives? I'm always around, lurking, except when working.... Sleep? What's that?

On May 13, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Waffles said:

We might setup an interview or just a mock interview within the private messages to everyone that signs up for this job and it will just involve a couple questions to really test your knowledge of the game so we can be sure the newbies receive the best advice from the best commanders. This might not happen( depends on Peter xD and the admins )

I think the main purpose of this was to get players to learn enough to continue growing. Not to know every answer to Peter's WW1/WW2 Diamond question air fun time... (Peter will surely give me a thumbs down / warning for this comment.)

On May 13, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Chris1107 said:

In game name: TheDarkNinja

Service time: 24/7        Just text and my notification will pop up, ill hear and get on anytime.

New players won't see this in game, know who you are, and know how to message you. They'll always ask in battle chat prior to asking you directly. (Once they've met you)

On May 13, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Icefrezz said:

We need to form a noob league or "School league of Survival" post it here on the forums and offer it in general chat. Only way for players to survive is being in a league. That is my best suggestion. Since leagues are limited to 20 members might need more than one. Then once those members have more than 60 hours played they can be kicked so other leagues can recruit.

While it's a great idea. Players become attached to the league's they join. Let alone instructors are veterans who are in a league already. I assume league membership increase to 40 is for this reason. Old leagues who recruit new players perhaps get rewarded. Idk how it would be introduced. Perhaps achievement system or a vote for players only once they hit 50 hours. To submit the name of the instructor who helped the most.

I've mentioned this to Lily, about a "join open league" feature. Say you create a league. At any time you can "open" or "close" your league. Open means any leagueless player that hits a "join a random league" button gets placed in an open league. Closed means the leaders directly invite or accept applications. This feature would have to focus on leagues in-battle as I'd assume veterans are the only ones likely to change outside battles. 

• Upvote 1

On May 13, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Peter said:

Hey commanders,

The game now is growing rapidly and the player base is getting bigger and bigger. Before the matchmaking system comes out, new players are seemingly hard to survive in battlefields. So now we are looking for Instructors that are passionate, patient and wanting to help new player in battlefields. We believe that we have many veterans in the community are willing to help others!

Event Duration: 5/13-5/31 PDT

Part.1 Sign Up 

Date: 5/13-5/20 PDT

Sign up with your ingame name under this thread if you are willing to help new players. Being an instructor, he decides the way to help new players in game. You are free to allocate your time to help in game. Please sign up anytime you feel comfortable to do so.

For example:

In-game Name: Peter,  Service Time: 3 weeks 

In-game Name: Lily,  Service Time: anytime I am online.

Part.2 Vote and Award

Date: 5/28-5/31 PDT 

Let the community choose your favorite instructors here at the end of each month. We will give away Rich Diamond Rewards to these helpful commanders. Please feel free to ask the players you have helped to vote for you here.

For example:

In-game Name: Peter,  My favorite instructor: David 

P.S. If you are a new player, below is the place to earn Rewards!

-->

In-game Name: Doida0218

Service Time: Any Time I Am Online

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On May 13, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Icefrezz said:

Problem with idea is while you are helping someone, you will get destroyed by a stronger league or alliance. If it was like golden map with fractions and some npc objectives would be easy. Current game mode is kill or be killed, not much to teach other than survive. Leagues will not recruit a player that only has 1-8 hours under their belt. When they get destroyed time and time again, they will quit. What will an instructor do? Tell the person "It will be ok, last for few hours till u have hundred hours and join a good league?""you will only get destroyed sevral hundred times". Good idea though just wrong game mode.?

Addressing the quote above, I completely and respectfully disagree. The current game mode is not kill or be killed. The key to this game is resource management and teamwork. I will say that to some who would look at my commander in game you would say, "Noob" that is because I only have 4 battlefields played and that includes the 10 min tutorial. So what does this guy  know about the game. Well in the 3 games I have played I have placed 1st in all three games. I can help us new guys learn how to play and do well at this game, please feel free to call on me for help any time you see me in game. Good luck and good hunting.

In game name: SnakeEater,  League: WeFew.

Service Time. Any time I am online.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wayyyy past the event timeline but overall the amount of questions and helpful tips given out to players lately, I would like to toss my name into the bowl here for maybe not necessarily an instructor spot, but maybe a name you can refer people to who have FAQs or such. Like Steuble said, always down to help new players. Hell have to do it more in depth for PC games for the new recruits getting their mods installed and setup.

IGN: Barthel8CS 

Online almost hourly, Can be reached outside of the game by various methods. 

In-game nickname: Shyshko;

Reasoning of creating such name: my last name;

Position on the battlefield: League Leader;

League name: Life;

Gameplay start date: 21st June 2016

Date of creation of the League: June 23rd 2016;

Number of the League members 34/40;

League leader's gameplay start date: June 21nd 2016.

• 5 months later...