World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Batten down the hatches: A letter from the Lead Producer

StevenZ

On March 11, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Moab said:

Thank you for listening to our replies and for filling our requests, i am VERY happy to see the old global war coming back, and i would hope that this update goes very well, how ever I'd love  to see new troops added as well and like to be able to build/upgrade 2 things at once... Can we increase the time from 15 days to maybe a month? And id like to have an option of global war or golden empire... I will add more ideas when i can think of any more. THANK YOU for listening??

Id love to see the T29 heavy tank make a play for this game(anyone who has played world of tanks you know what tank im talking about)

• Upvote 2

Just got out of battle.  Was a long and frustrating 15 days to say the least.  Wanted to take on more but the second fix you are making is probably the one I look toward the most.  If I can drop my troops behind a village and pick my troops to take on the main part I can save most of the damage to the turrets and farms without having to rebuild everything.  Same goes for cities.  If I can make a hole and fight to the main part I don't have to destroy so much that it takes forever to reconstruct everything.  Frustrating when your tank dismissed your order to attack the base and chose to attack a farm instead.  Let me pick what I want them to hit.  Bombers are especially bad with this.  Attacking a target but it n the way chiding on their own to drop bombs on something else.  Just frustrating.  Speaking of bombers I hate that they run out so quick!  Sometimes long flights make it hard to get restocked!

14 hours ago, Graywing said:

Cent 7/1 rips through the armor like a knife through butter 

True but i just like the way t29 looks

On March 11, 2016 at 9:17 PM, Moab said:

Thank you for listening to our replies and for filling our requests, i am VERY happy to see the old global war coming back, and i would hope that this update goes very well, how ever I'd love  to see new troops added as well and like to be able to build/upgrade 2 things at once... Can we increase the time from 15 days to maybe a month? And id like to have an option of global war or golden empire... I will add more ideas when i can think of any more. THANK YOU for listening??

Could we also add a new troop? T29 would be a good idea to add?

image.png

• Upvote 3

I really miss the splash effect that we had in the game when we started. What I'm talking about is that when you shot at something other units or buildings close to that target would take some lesser damage also. I can see the effect being less for direct fire weapons, like tanks, but for units like artillery that shoot like shotguns I think it should be significant. The splash effect added realism and finesse to the game. If you need to take out a turret you could shoot at a building close to it and do damage giving you a chance to wear it down some before you have target it directly. One of my most epic battles involved a situation where we both had huge navies. 20 units or more. I had my units spread out in an arc while he had all of his in one tight bunch. I was able to win the battle only losing 4 destroyer while I wiped out his entire fleet. The splash effect reward the commander who spends the time maneuvering his unit like you would in the real world instead of just pushing in in a tight group because you know only one unit is going to take damage until it's dead. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, BladeGuner said:

I really miss the splash effect that we had in the game when we started. What I'm talking about is that when you shot at something other units or buildings close to that target would take some lesser damage also. I can see the effect being less for direct fire weapons, like tanks, but for units like artillery that shoot like shotguns I think it should be significant. The splash effect added realism and finesse to the game. If you need to take out a turret you could shoot at a building close to it and do damage giving you a chance to wear it down some before you have target it directly. One of my most epic battles involved a situation where we both had huge navies. 20 units or more. I had my units spread out in an arc while he had all of his in one tight bunch. I was able to win the battle only losing 4 destroyer while I wiped out his entire fleet. The splash effect reward the commander who spends the time maneuvering his unit like you would in the real world instead of just pushing in in a tight group because you know only one unit is going to take damage until it's dead. 

I'm pretty sure this already exists both arty and bombers do splash and although it's not a heavy ammount it does definitely do splash damage. Sorry if I misunderstood ur question but I'm positive splash damage already exists.

~Waffles

I'm not a fan of the current system of resurrecting building and they come back to the same level. I much prefer the original system where they start over. If your not going to change back to the original system maybe you would consider that each time you kill a building it loses a level. Or better yet the higher the level the more you lose, say level 1-3, no lose; level 4-6 lose 1; level 7-10 lose 2, etc. This would make it harder to have someone who can have a city that you just can't kill. 

3 minutes ago, Waffles said:

I'm pretty sure this already exists both arty and bombers do splash and although it's not a heavy ammount it does definitely do splash damage. Sorry if I misunderstood ur question but I'm positive splash damage already exists.

~Waffles

Sorry, but it doesn't exist. You need to pay more attention. 

Actually it does exist for rebel units. They do seem to cause some splash, but in my experience my unit don't do any splash to them or other players units. I'm just advocating for the original system, which I like a lot better

11 minutes ago, BladeGuner said:

I'm not a fan of the current system of resurrecting building and they come back to the same level. I much prefer the original system where they start over. If your not going to change back to the original system maybe you would consider that each time you kill a building it loses a level. Or better yet the higher the level the more you lose, say level 1-3, no lose; level 4-6 lose 1; level 7-10 lose 2, etc. This would make it harder to have someone who can have a city that you just can't kill. 

Sorry, but it doesn't exist. You need to pay more attention. 

Actually it does exist for rebel units. They do seem to cause some splash, but in my experience my unit don't do any splash to them or other players units. I'm just advocating for the original system, which I like a lot better

I'm pretty sure it exists unless I'm misinterpreting with ur saying but I have had times for example when I have aimed arty towards the heavy tanks at the center mine and cleared aa that were near them due to splash.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Waffles said:

I'm pretty sure it exists unless I'm misinterpreting with ur saying but I have had times for example when I have aimed arty towards the heavy tanks at the center mine and cleared aa that were near them due to splash.

Waffles yes you are right. This is true. Bombers arty do splash damage but the area is not very large for splash damage. I think it's fine the way it is. It evens out and makes it so players have to use more than one type of troop. Keep it the way it is. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Waffles said:

Splash still exists..... You can take two turrets next to eachother out at the same time with bombers... Whoever said it doesn't clearly doesn't pay attention 

• Upvote 5

On 2016/3/20 at 4:38 PM, BladeGuner said:

Hey Blade, I am sure that bombers and arty do splash dmg, not sure about other units. Btw, after the targeting problem gets addressed in next update, things will be better in battles. :)

• Upvote 1

I do have one major concern about the old map, territories/resources. One of the nicest things about the new maps is the smaller and more frequent territories, and resources, I hope that in using the old map more territories are added and hopefully. Ore oil resources as that was a huge issue previously on that map.

• Upvote 2

On March 11, 2016 at 9:51 PM, StevenZ said:

Thank you for your feedbacks too. Most of the new troops will be usable in the battle, without unlocking them in the tech system.

The time limit is also removed, it's all up to your decision now. 

Golden Empire will be removed temporarily, we need to rebuild it.

Will golden empire and global war be an option in the future?

23 hours ago, Sneakymastamind said:

Splash still exists..... You can take two turrets next to eachother out at the same time with bombers... Whoever said it doesn't clearly doesn't pay attention 

What he said?? lol

• Upvote 2

On March 11, 2016 at 8:12 PM, StevenZ said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Steven Zhang, the Lead Producer for World Warfare.

Allow me to begin with an admission: Our latest changes to PvP did not achieve any of our goals for World Warfare. In an attempt to realize a grand vision for the game we lost sight of some fundamentals.

We’ve taken a step back and reexamined our initial goals for World Warfare; we have poured over your feedback and decided to make some big, exciting changes in our next update (release date to be announced):

Tech requirement to build units removed. Currently, you need to unlock units in the Tech Tree by using blueprints. With this update, upgrading your buildings unlocks new units. The Tech Tree is now used only to strengthen units.

You can now pick your attack targets. Currently your units pick their own targets, with this update you will be able to select targets.

Change map from Golden Empire to Global War. Global war will be the default map again.

Increase the maximum battle level to allow for more troops and leadership points. We are roughly doubling the number of leadership points you can earn so you can command bigger armies.

Cities are easier to destroy. City durability is going down a little bit so that capturing a city goes by faster.

• No more Factions. You no longer start in one of two factions. You will be free to choose your own allies and determine your own approach to diplomacy. All faction related goals are removed as well. This is one of the biggest changes this update!

• Goals Removed. Victory points will be removed and there is no set duration for the match. The match ends only when there is a single league standing.

New ranking system. The new ranking system keeps track of two scores: Battle Score- destroy enemies, buildings NPCs (less points for NPCs); Territory Score- capture more cities, villages, harbors and other central buildings.

We are renewing our focus on providing the best PvP experience, squashing annoying bugs and adding more convenient functions. These are our core commitments.

Your feedback and passion are incredibly helpful. I read your suggestions carefully. I think of World Warfare not just as the developers’ game, but a game built together with players. I plan to be more open about our design decisions going forward.

Thank you for your passion, your feedback and helping us make a better game. I look forward to hearing from you.

TL;DR: We apologize for recent changes that we admit were not good for the game. We plan to focus on having the most polished PvP experience we can provide. Please give us your feedback and help guide the game. We have lots of ideas on how to make the game better, we hope you’ll explore them with us!

I want to thank the following commanders for giving us amazing feedback and ideas all the time:

1.Tech requirement to build units removed.

BladeGuner 

2.You can now pick your attack targets.

MightyQuinn, GenMadDogMattis, johnny3laze, Majorghost, Boredomfalls, robnadel, Icefrezz, Plucky, Jsmallz, Dano1288, Putinkgb, Geckor, DocM91B, Dckeep44, MrLee, GenRizza

3.Change map from Golden Empire to Global War.

Realvapejay, GenRizza, fengyun, Solus, Duh12   

4.Increase the maximum battle level to allow for more troops and leadership points.

KingCB, Robnadel, fengyun, Noodles, BlitzkriegHK, BladeGuner

5.Cities are easier to destroy.

MrLee, Neptune, LostDaimyo, Creepermaster, Realvapejay 

6.No more Factions.

Enclave, GenRizza

Special Acknowledgements:

BladeGuner, Rotymir, Oracle, KingCB, Semispaz, Noodles, Telwar, Solus, GenRizza, Hitgirl

There have been a few posts, some of which I've put up requesting the ability to move ground troops in a league members transport. And everytime someone would say that it would make the game too unbalanced. With this coming update being more self reliant within your league this would make a huge difference and would help tremendously. 

• Upvote 2

On 2016/3/19 at 5:52 AM, GIJoe1971 said:

Just got out of battle.  Was a long and frustrating 15 days to say the least.  Wanted to take on more but the second fix you are making is probably the one I look toward the most.  If I can drop my troops behind a village and pick my troops to take on the main part I can save most of the damage to the turrets and farms without having to rebuild everything.  Same goes for cities.  If I can make a hole and fight to the main part I don't have to destroy so much that it takes forever to reconstruct everything.  Frustrating when your tank dismissed your order to attack the base and chose to attack a farm instead.  Let me pick what I want them to hit.  Bombers are especially bad with this.  Attacking a target but it n the way chiding on their own to drop bombs on something else.  Just frustrating.  Speaking of bombers I hate that they run out so quick!  Sometimes long flights make it hard to get restocked!

You can pick attack target in next update.

20 hours ago, Moab said:

Could we save the troop lvl through the next update so if i upgrade troops in tech the will stay that lvl when update comes out i dont want to have restart each troops lvl

Yes, you will.

• Upvote 1

On March 11, 2016 at 9:46 PM, StevenZ said:

The technology system will be retained. You don't need to unlock a technology before you produce a weapon, but you can still upgrade your troops in technology system. Blueprints will be removed. And you can gain gold when you finish a battle, and also daily gold rewards according to your points and ranking.

We will do something with the gem system in the future. You are right, we need to make money, but we need the game to be fun first. 

The upgrade times will be adjusted. 

Hey I just realized that the ability to "win" diamonds through missions like it was before golden was a huge impact. You were able to win quite a decent amount in a single round.

If that was brought back instead of implementing a whole new idea for diamonds that alone might revive the free players a little more. Obviously if it doesn't work out that's another story but just food for thought so you don't have to go programming a whole new system again needlessly

Edited by Boredomfalls
  • Upvote 3

On March 12, 2016 at 9:35 PM, StevenZ said:

Hello Usmcland,

The upgrading in tech tree will be kept as is. All weapons will be unblocked by default. You can choose any one to upgrade as you like. There will be refund for blueprints.

Ok cool you will make a refund for the blueprints but well will the refund be transferred into gold or diamonds I would personally like if you could pick which transfer you wanted so maybe let's say this is and exampl 1blueprint=50 diamonds or something low because some people have got a lot of blueprints so

7 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

Hey I just realized that the ability to "win" diamonds through missions like it was before golden was a huge impact. You were able to win quite a decent amount in a single round.

If that was brought back instead of implementing a whole new idea for diamonds that alone might revive the free players a little more. Obviously if it doesn't work out that's another story but just food for thought so you don't have to go programming a whole new system again needlessly

Ok dude well they are adding the diamonds back in achievements because I guess well if you haven't noticed it takes a ton of diamonds to speed build a little to rename your self and a little to buy bougals so you really do need the diamonds in the achievements list

1 hour ago, TheGrimReaper said:

Ok cool you will make a refund for the blueprints but well will the refund be transferred into gold or diamonds I would personally like if you could pick which transfer you wanted so maybe let's say this is and exampl 1blueprint=50 diamonds or something low because some people have got a lot of blueprints so

Ok dude well they are adding the diamonds back in achievements because I guess well if you haven't noticed it takes a ton of diamonds to speed build a little to rename your self and a little to buy bougals so you really do need the diamonds in the achievements list

He didn't announce that so its not a given. The only thing he said was that they're looking into the diamond system (regarding a post I made on the first page when this thread was first made) it was simply a suggestion. And you don't need bugals. I haven't bought them once, and I have almost 400, and how often does someone need to change their name?

plus he said that they were looking to drop the build times (again from my earlier post) and even if they didn't that's their form of making money. They don't HAVE to do anything. Giving us free diamonds is a courtesy. In my original comment I was talking more towards when you do buy diamonds. However if they bring back the mission diamonds that will offset the imbalance of purchasing diamonds (slightly, I was able to save up 6k diamonds in a round without buying a single one when I first started). 

Edited by Boredomfalls
  • Upvote 1

Regarding refunds, here is my opinion.  Those who spent actual money of course deserve a refund for blueprints.  In Regards to all other blue prints.  Well they were free in most cases so you really list nothing.  Fields that rewarded blueprints should have the blueprint reward converted to gold.  Besides that the only refund should be the unlock gold cost for tech, not the levels just the unlock cost.  People want a refund for everything and frankly it should only be for justified instances.  Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Peter unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Peter unpinned this topic