World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Batten down the hatches: A letter from the Lead Producer

StevenZ

12 minutes ago, BrutalDestiny said:

I'm glad to see feedback is actually reviewed and taken in to consideration forfuture updates. Thank you for that.

I am sorry for anoying bugs. I have put stability to be one of most important thing. We will go gentle after this update, keep small steps and fast response, test and discuss more with you before any big updates.

The XP system will be fixed in the coming update.

Thanks a lot

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Rotymir said:

Saw your reply and I think it's better for last alliance standing vs last league standing. Maybe limit ally's to 4 only not sure but. Here's why

if I lucky strikes allies with godz and we work as one to kill the map off I don't want to turn my back on a ally. In the real world another country goes to war together they don't turn around and bomb them just to take the corn to feed the children hehe so I vote last alliance for win. If the maps green it's a win.

Good. I will think about this. Thanks to Telwar, Noodles, Hitgirl, Duh12, for comments about how to ending battles.

We need to find out how to get balance.

1st, the battle won't be ended by just getting allied with all leagues.

2nd, we don't like turn our back on allies.

• Upvote 3

Hello All,

i just want to start by saying THANK YOU. This thread was refreshing to read. I cant write as much as I'd like now because im in Gold League battle against Cocidius and LuckyStrikes... And things are getting interesting, perhaps :) 

but most importantly, please know that we really appreciate the developers devotion to making this game better. I enjoy this game a lot, and members of GODz have become almost like my brothers. We're having a lot of fun and i look forward to supporting this game for a long while to come. 

Allowing us to choose our own enemies, allies, or neutral is a great idea. Its the best part about league battlefields, and being forced into factions was one of the worst parts of the previous set up. 

As far as my suggestions, I would only say that it should not be "the last league standing" to end a battlefield and start a new one. 15 or 10 days time periods and then restart is a positive way to end things. Allows people a fresh start if things didnt go well before. 

Also i still didnt see any mention of the league controls for leaders. I still cant remove a player unless he is idle. I cant recruit some players in some cases. It causes some frustration and I cant understand why a leader cant remove a member, or why you cant fix this quickly. 

And lastly, i think victory points are a good idea. They should be kept to emphasize what cities or areas are more important. Players will end up fighting for those areas and make the game more fun. No more tiger tanks though.. Just make victory points for important cities and then thr pvp action will follow. 

More later, i have munitions to turn into troops :) see you all later !

• Upvote 3

1. So will thier be golds mines we can capture for us or our league.

2. Will the commercial center be like the updates one with the gems for troops or the one before with the large oil in it

3. how hard are the SS bases gonna be beacuse golden was much more challenging than the before

4.will we still have the mini resource production.

5. Will tiger tanks still give the like 11k xp and instead of victory points will thier be gold

• Upvote 1

When would we be able to set troop marching paths? It is brutal having to slog the troops through manual turn by turn navigation. Will we be able to load our troops into allied bases? I enjoyed the Golden; perhaps keep a version like this for occasional tournament. -- MajorCrush

• Upvote 1

I'll be honest, I don't like the idea of a complete overhaul again. Small changes should be made a few at a time. This will allow the community to judge what is working & what still needs improvement. Just pushing out a ton of changes just causes confusion & no one knows what's going on. Then the community shows up in the forum yelling & screaming. I think getting issues fixed & working on the next one is better than just pushing major changes. 

• Upvote 6

Thank you for crediting players for thier ideas and feedback, I believe this goes a long way towards well thought out feedback.

Im reserving most of my comments until I have had time to live with the changes.

I posted a comment very early on urging you to keep the game simple. Some of the simplest games yield the most complex strategies, chess comes to mind. I very happy to see that you have chosen to simplify the game back to some of the principles that made is "special" to begin with. 

Im impressed with some of the comments already posted... There will obviously be some issues with the new layout, but they should be minor compared to those that have existed previously.

In the past it seemed that the veteran players were more concerned with the plight of the new players than the development team, that seems to have changed.

im also happy to hear that you will be concentrating on bugs and stability. I'm a developer and I know that it's always more interesting from the developers point of view to work on new features than to solve bugs, but it's from the users point of view, the bugs are far more annoying than not getting a new feature.

• Upvote 6

Kingcb is distracting me in game so I can't make a long post I will make a short one.

1. Kick members during any time I agree with king needs fixed

2. Is someone apples to your league there now easy way to look at there stats can you make those names clickable even if I send a pm I have to wait for a reply to click his name and see stats

3. King is right about a place to go to or hold its pretty fun capping a place and holding it. It's why league battles will still be a bit more fun because we cap and defend. Sure capping and holding city's is going to be the replacement but there no real excitement I won't a place that I cap and 3 other leagues Coke for it.

4. I like a lot of the ideas but since it's on my mind I will say it now I'm afraid leagues won't pick fights but will prey on the week. There's no real protection for new players with this set up its something to think about.

5. Fix chat times and the buggy main chat and remove bugels needed. The more people can talk the more active the game looks. Also in the league events the team chat is messed up when I leave and come back to the game all my chats and my league members chats are gone only ally's remain.

6. The old map is too big to cap 280 city's so I would say with your new set up you need a new map it sucks I know but if you have to cap all to win size needs reduced this will help it not last so long ATM I can see the new idea with old map taking a few months at a min

7. Fix it so when we look at league ranks we can see who there members are plus it will help to know who is in the maps with you faster. And leagues can't member swap to get around the size limits with out us knowing. It's just nice to show who is part of your league to new people that send a app in. Just like when I look at ranks I can see a commanders stats just can't see who's in there league.

8. Fix it so only the people that can create a league map be the only ones that start it. If a leader doesn't start his matches right or his co leaders then people need a new league anyways. Exp we signed up but one of our guys had to leave one night because of real life so we had 3 of the 4 needed to start a event well sometime threw the night it filled up with the wrong people and a member started the battle early after 15 mins I was kick my co leader was kicked our other member that should have been in the fight was kicked. And it filled up with a random group with no leader or direction

9. In last map if I got close in Agro range I saw the enemy troop move ASAP now if I get in Agro range it isn't moving but really is. If I move away and come back I can see it faster but that's a pain please get it more realistic like befor. 

10. Get some beta testers to test the ideas before release

11. The old map had odd placement of res it was not fair for a new person to spawn beside a rubber and oil a mile away but the oil was close to the bomber builder maybe balance the res a bit better in old map so it's more even chances. And not luck of the draw.

12. I. Said I won't make a long post and I went and done it lol well I hope this is a help and useful more later I got to watch out for the godz

O don't wait on bug fixes so long if it's a bug fix it when you can but don't hold on on the release of a lot of changes. That faster bugs are fixed the less bug spray I have to by thanks blade for reminding me

• Upvote 5

Hey KingCB,

Thanks for supporting us all the time. I'd like to tell more about ending battles.

I think it's better to provide methods to end battles by yourselves, than to define the ending by us. We have tried to define it, but it usually lead to fighting more with computers. I found we should be very careful to define what's is important to win the battle. The goal of battle need to be PvP based, in this PvP game. So we decide to remove all pre-defined computer goals from the ending rules. For example, the tiger tanks, and the gold mines. I think we need to provide a basic PvP goal for the battle.

Certainly, I don't want the battle to last forever too. We try to make sure the battle can be ended when it's getting boring. You can also quit a battle to start a new one at any time. You will get battle rewards immediately when you quit, in the coming update.

But it doesn't mean there isn't hotspot in the battle. We will provide methods to let you create hotspot by youselves. For example, you will be able to produce some advanced munitions in the League City, or even nuclear weapons in the future. A league city could be very important, once it's constructed. So we provide methods, and you decide what's important to win.

I knew your comment about removing members from league. We will fixed it later. We are working hard for this update and fixing all known issues. To be honest, I am not sure about this one now. I will let you know as soon as we know how to fix it.

Hope for more comments, after training your troops. :):) Thank you again.

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

1. So will thier be golds mines we can capture for us or our league.

2. Will the commercial center be like the updates one with the gems for troops or the one before with the large oil in it

3. how hard are the SS bases gonna be beacuse golden was much more challenging than the before

4.will we still have the mini resource production.

5. Will tiger tanks still give the like 11k xp and instead of victory points will thier be gold

1. no gold mines in next update. We are moving back to focus on how to make each battle fun. Less growth across battles. You will gain gold when you finish a battle.

2. The commercial center will be adjust base on current version.

3. SS bases will be easier, but not about gold any more. 

4. Yes, no changes about mini resource.

5. No.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MajorCrush said:

When would we be able to set troop marching paths? It is brutal having to slog the troops through manual turn by turn navigation. Will we be able to load our troops into allied bases? I enjoyed the Golden; perhaps keep a version like this for occasional tournament. -- MajorCrush

1. Do you mean setting way points for troops? I think we will try to make the path finding better.

2. I think you can load troops into allied bases now. Tell us if there are bugs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hitgirl said:

I'll be honest, I don't like the idea of a complete overhaul again. Small changes should be made a few at a time. This will allow the community to judge what is working & what still needs improvement. Just pushing out a ton of changes just causes confusion & no one knows what's going on. Then the community shows up in the forum yelling & screaming. I think getting issues fixed & working on the next one is better than just pushing major changes. 

You are right. We planned to turn to small steps and fast response after this update. I will also tell and discuss more about changes from now on.

I think we need go back to a version with good PvP expience first. In fact, we don't need to develop many new stuffs in this update. We just retrieve something we already achieved before. We will also resolved many known issues in this version. 

I am sorry about the bugs. We will focus on keeping stable.

1 hour ago, BladeGuner said:

Thank you for crediting players for thier ideas and feedback, I believe this goes a long way towards well thought out feedback.

Im reserving most of my comments until I have had time to live with the changes.

I posted a comment very early on urging you to keep the game simple. Some of the simplest games yield the most complex strategies, chess comes to mind. I very happy to see that you have chosen to simplify the game back to some of the principles that made is "special" to begin with. 

Im impressed with some of the comments already posted... There will obviously be some issues with the new layout, but they should be minor compared to those that have existed previously.

In the past it seemed that the veteran players were more concerned with the plight of the new players than the development team, that seems to have changed.

im also happy to hear that you will be concentrating on bugs and stability. I'm a developer and I know that it's always more interesting from the developers point of view to work on new features than to solve bugs, but it's from the users point of view, the bugs are far more annoying than not getting a new feature.

Thank you very much. I spend a lot of time to reexamine our initial goals and dreams for this game. I hope we are backing on the right track.

• Upvote 3

Hey Rotymir, I hope you make it through the bullets from GODz while you are writing this. :)

Agree with 1, 2, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, we will have a plan.

3. We will keep it in league battle.

4. Good question. I will think about it.

11. We will have some adjust in this update. I think it will be better.

Thanks a lot, have a good night.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, StevenZ said:

Hi Noodles, that's a good question.

There should be one league standing in the end. We want to let you decide how to resolve it. It could be complicated, because there are diplomatic relationships now. There may be 3 leagues, both the other 2 leagues are your allies, but they are hostile with each other.

For now, one league standing is the choice. What do you think?

I like the idea of having a free for all which allows players a level of diplomacy to choose their allies. If the decision is made to challenge an ally, it shouldn't need to be approved by both parties. We should be able to attack anyone we desire. Utilize a prompt if we begin to attack a player whom we are allied with to warn of the break in diplomacy. I like this idea. 

Here may be a solution to the ending issue and allies, why not give the option to create a faction in field

so basically it would work like this two leagues align they become a faction in themselves, now a third league wants to join, or to be added, the commander and Chiefs get a notification do you approve this league joining the faction, if all leagues in the faction agree the league joins the faction and it goes like that as they build.  If they don't get approved the league leaders in the faction get notification who disagreed so it can be discussed.  In addition if a league is working against the faction they can be expelled by a vote of the other league leaders.

in the end this sort of create and control faction would give players more diplomatic I out, but also allow a faction win thus preventing games dragging to excessively long and boring ends.

• Upvote 6

Meant to add this in, but let's put it straight.  Many of us have earned reputations as being solid to our word, true allies even when placed on opposing sides under the current system, have developed hands, friendships and reputations all based on a display of integrity to our word.  So when you put a system in that basically says to complete the field we either must betray our allies or surrender your making a system that is broken and likely the largest mistake yet made.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, StevenZ said:

Hi Noodles, that's a good question.

There should be one league standing in the end. We want to let you decide how to resolve it. It could be complicated, because there are diplomatic relationships now. There may be 3 leagues, both the other 2 leagues are your allies, but they are hostile with each other.

For now, one league standing is the choice. What do you think?

I like it will you still be able to respawn indefinitely? If so that might become a problem.

• Upvote 1

With your comment about ending battles early when and if it's just too crazy and boring to cap inactive players as exp. when we leave the battle field and join a new one you said we will get our rewards. But how does it effect the win lose record at this point because I like having more wins and loses and don't want to have to kill in actives just to get a win. If leaving a battle field creates a lose I think it's a bad thing. Not sure how you can go around someone in first leaving just to get win early in the map. Other than having a long limit to rejoin battles but that has major downsides. Then there might need to be some type of if you are in top 3 after so many days in battle of a set point of atleast half the map capped.

with this new direction it would be cool to see the total number of city's a league has capped easy. Showing on main screen of click a league city for details maybe.

bugzzzz you said the comment about being able to land in others base we can do that yes but it is still bugged if I take 10 fighters and land in my league mates base it's a give or take how many I get back sometimes 9 sometimes 7 most of the time we loose 3 to 5 troops when we load for Ammo. But they do come back no later than 30 mins but in a hot battle 5 mins is too long when I land I have the upper hand to defend but when I come out I have less than the enemy does so that part is still bugged. We don't loose the troops like before its just some disappear for a bit of time before they can be gotten back.

last thing as I'm still dodging bullets from kind he just about got one of my fighters lol. But I do want to give my thanks for the effort and openness you are putting forth. Plus the time it takes to decide things. But I havnt posted it yet as I like giving ideas and fixes that's praise in itself lol or I wouldn't offer my input hehe so keep up the good work.

more later

Just read telwar idea I think that's an amazing idea that might help end battles in a timely manner plus it don't really get rid of factions but there can also be different faction ranks as well the leading faction is the one people will gun for to try to take over the win. And it creates a goal for the other leagues saying if you let them keep getting bigger they are going to over run you. There could be 2 factions or they could be 30 factions but they must be reset up each new map started so it doesn't become one big league set up as a faction. Great idea and I think one of the best so far brought up to help fix it as a last league standing to a Last faction standing plus this way we don't have to turn on friends that's been there for us hours and hours, of there day.

• Upvote 2

So since the tech tree is going to be open and it should have been from the beginning, we should be refunded all gold we have spent in tech tree so that we may upgrade weapons that we want instead of being forced to upgrade to get certain weapons unlocked. This way we can focus on our strong points because everyone operates differently when it comes to employing troops. LETS SHOW THE DEVELOPERS THAT WE WANT OUR GOLD!

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Oracle said:

I like the idea of having a free for all which allows players a level of diplomacy to choose their allies. If the decision is made to challenge an ally, it shouldn't need to be approved by both parties. We should be able to attack anyone we desire. Utilize a prompt if we begin to attack a player whom we are allied with to warn of the break in diplomacy. I like this idea. 

Yes, you can attack anyone you desire, and there will be one hour warning time after you declare war on allied. 

It need to be approved when you want to get allied or end hostilities. 

• Upvote 1

Let me just add... That League Battlefields are currently constructed are essentially perfect. You need to find a way to make that map bigger... And expand on that with navy access and other things to make it more dynamic. The bronze/silver/gold feature keeps lesser experienced players fighting together... And best, strongest players fighting together as well in gold. Im in a gold league battle right now with Cocidius and LuckyStrikes and we are having a tremendous amount of fun. League battles are about ten times better than golden empire in terms of how challenging and fun it is. And from what i have seen, players spend WAAAAAY more diamonds on league play than in regular global battlefield (this part should interest you if you want to make more money lol). Below is a screenshot of a major epic battle between GODz vs Cocidious and LuckyStrikes teamed up together. Short battles with timer... Leagues that can choose to ally, neutral, or hostile... Separating skill of players with a bronze/silver/gold dynamic... Forcing us to consider protecting our own Hq start bases while also needing to take others and take the middle all at same time while also fighting other players. It is the PINNACLE of the genius for World Warfare. 

If you want my opinion... Scrap golden empire... Look at league battlefields and realize how incredible the concepts are there. And just expand on that for everything. The insane epic massive battles we are having in league play are THE reason i love this game. Win or Lose we are having A LOT of fun... And the fact that it all starts over again by tomorrow just adds more dynamic to the whole thing. Adds pressure to perform in a limited time. Add small things like navy and navy access throughout the map... But just dont change it too much. Make it bigger with more teams and more players. And you will have the perfect game. 

image.png

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Telwar said:

Here may be a solution to the ending issue and allies, why not give the option to create a faction in field

so basically it would work like this two leagues align they become a faction in themselves, now a third league wants to join, or to be added, the commander and Chiefs get a notification do you approve this league joining the faction, if all leagues in the faction agree the league joins the faction and it goes like that as they build.  If they don't get approved the league leaders in the faction get notification who disagreed so it can be discussed.  In addition if a league is working against the faction they can be expelled by a vote of the other league leaders.

in the end this sort of create and control faction would give players more diplomatic I out, but also allow a faction win thus preventing games dragging to excessively long and boring ends.

That's a good idea. I have realized the problem during earlier discussion.

I will adjust it to last alliance standing. But there will be a limit of allied leagues in the alliance, may be 3, the number is not the final decision yet.

I prefer a loose way. No faction, but it is a faction when all leagues allied with each other. 

3 hours ago, Jamin said:

I like it will you still be able to respawn indefinitely? If so that might become a problem.

Yes, it might become a problem. We will add some limit.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Rotymir said:

With your comment about ending battles early

Hey Rotymir, thank you for your critical comments under bullets lol.

1. Inactive commanders will be cleared by system.

2. I accept your earlier advice of last alliance standing.

3. All relationships will be reset in each new battles.

4. Only last stand commanders could get a win record. There will be more commanders can get a win with last alliance standing.

5. The total numbers of cities a league has captured. Yes, there will be a territory point on ranking board.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, StevenZ said:

Hey Rotymir, thank you for your critical comments under bullets lol.

1. Inactive commanders will be cleared by system.

2. I accept your earlier advice of last alliance standing.

3. All relationships will be reset in each new battles.

4. Only last stand commanders could get a win record. There will be more commanders can get a win with last alliance standing.

5. The total numbers of cities a league has captured. Yes, there will be a territory point on ranking board.

Now what about being refunded gold from tech tree so we can upgrade what we want? Since everything doesn't have to be unlocked now. It would be cool for all of the loyal players that have stuck through the everything. 

Thank you USMCLAND "IRONY LEADS THE WAY"

• Upvote 2

• Peter unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Peter unpinned this topic