World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Golden Empire- Feedback

Peter

Overall I like the map and gameplay. I feel like I started way too far away from the center to even be in contention for gold but I guess that's the breaks. 

One huge issue is that I sent supply trucks to my league city. On their return trip they got stuck behind a mountain and there is nothing I can do to get rid of them and get new supply routes. 

Edited by IronWarrior
  • Upvote 1

Is there ANY way we can change the color of the SS of the color of the opposite forces? With so many SS controlled cities in the middle it is VERY difficult to tell players and SS apart... I get they're both enemies, but one will kill you in your sleep, and the SS won't sneak attack you BC you didn't even realize they were there... :) 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Kanerkano said:

Is there ANY way we can change the color of the SS of the color of the opposite forces? With so many SS controlled cities in the middle it is VERY difficult to tell players and SS apart... I get they're both enemies, but one will kill you in your sleep, and the SS won't sneak attack you BC you didn't even realize they were there... :) 

I've always felt we should have larger colour distinctions 

dark blue your own, light blue our leagues even on field close up, green faction, yellow rebel, red opposing faction, purple SS 

Sounds too simple but could you just have units target whatever is closest to the attack move point? Also, I'd like to donate a box of crayons to the 10year old that designed this map, please. He has real promise.

2 hours ago, Telwar said:

I've always felt we should have larger colour distinctions 

dark blue your own, light blue our leagues even on field close up, green faction, yellow rebel, red opposing faction, purple SS 

I like the idea of every faction/group being color coded but I think it has to be simpler than what you provided less it looks like a clusterfuck of glow worms.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Solus said:

Sounds too simple but could you just have units target whatever is closest to the attack move point? Also, I'd like to donate a box of crayons to the 10year old that designed this map, please. He has real promise.

I like the idea of every faction/group being color coded but I think it has to be simpler than what you provided less it looks like a clusterfuck of glow worms.

I'm dead

Hello, still some mods need to be done. The gold mines, as they become available, all it takes is a paratroop drop on them to conquer. You can completely bypass the obstacles on the way. They either need defense, turrets lvl5, or not award points if not tied to a city. 

A team or faction can just drop in and maximize points. It creates another imbalance to the fight. 

Sorry if others have said this but I'm not wanting to re read everything 

1. Increase pvp xp.  Tiger killing should not be the only way to level.  Few bombers and you get 11,000xp not including the other tanks and aa plus the pinata effect that sprays transports all over.  But kill a level 12 city with turrets and another player  fighting back and get maybe 2000 xp total.   Not sure where the thought process on this happened (or lack of) but with the new map having way more lands flags are needed and tiger chasing is what it will become again 

2. Navy is utterly useless "s$&t matters".  Really?  Level 11 for a crappy cruiser that can't even kill a turret lol.   By the time we get a muni 11 there's little need. Also make a way to get to the inner ring of water with ships or they will always be useless.   At the rate muni builds will be able to build a aircraft carrier in the last few hours of the map. Assuming it lasts the full 15 days 

3. Airbase and army base.  Thanks for reducing the build times.  It's now at least theoretically possible to level them to 20 in 15 days.   Never gonna happen but nice to know it's possible.    There is this little thing called making arms that means you have to stop upgrading.   Currently I'm on air 11 at 8 hours.   

4.5.6 and 7.  Munitions.   Before we only needed 12 to obtain all the troops which meant in 3-5 days you could have everything.  5 days if you build troops and battle 3 if you just say and built.   Nobody knows what the muni level for the upper stuff is. But what is the point of having Jets the last day at best.  This is all assuming anyone stays around long enough to unlock them. 

8. Bp.  Why the $&@@ did the bp requirement double.  I've been told that drop rates have increased.  But that's a load of bull.  Either way increasing bp drop rate while in increasing amount needed is like turning up your stereo because you just put ear plugs in.   

9. New players.   These so called changes to benefit new players are complete nonsense.   You know what makes you not a new player? Playing that's what.  Split the game up.  Make a board where nobody at or over cw4 rank can join.  And others that anyone can join but if under cw3 you'll know going in that it's a board with higher ranked players 

10. Bubbles.  I know many thought the bubbles every 10 seconds were annoying but what even more annoying is getting them after 12 hours and over half are population.   It takes so long to make troops now that nobody will ever have an issue with population.  EVER.   My city currently makes more population then I can use if I make planes and ground troops and upgrade at the same time.  Also 100 oil or 150 rubber might have meant something in the old map. But 100 oil won't even make a scout now lol.  

11.  I like the new map.  There needs to be more incentive to battle for the center of to battle at all. But most are too concentrated on the grueling task of getting muni high enough to actually do anything.   Gig takes muni 14.  I hate to see what the b29 takes 

12. Stop with the kneejerk reactions of feedback from 12 year olds(quoting someone else but I agree).  Take the time to find out the consequences to changes.   Try asking players.  Don't ruin this like so many other developers have their games.   I know the guys at the office are brilliant and all their ideas are spectacular.   But they don't pay the bills.  Dare to be different from the other companies.  Listen to your players but not blindly.   

13.  Feel free to deposit 500 gems to me.  We can call this an overall sitrep. 

14. Breath and hit someone you think is at fault here.  

• Upvote 7

Almost forgot.   

Commercial center.   

Fix it.   Trades are epically horrid.   And 4 hour wait on top of it.  How about make the comm back like it was with numbers adjusted for the new system.  Basically 10x res.   And make a side panel with a unit for purchase.  That way you can still sell units and we can actually trade again.  

• Upvote 6

52 minutes ago, Noodles said:

1. Increase pvp xp.  Tiger killing should not be the only way to level.  Few bombers and you get 11,000xp not including the other tanks and aa plus the pinata effect that sprays transports all over.  But kill a level 12 city with turrets and another player  fighting back and get maybe 2000 xp total.   Not sure where the thought process on this happened (or lack of) but with the new map having way more lands flags are needed and tiger chasing is what it will become again 

2. Navy is utterly useless "s$&t matters".  Really?  Level 11 for a crappy cruiser that can't even kill a turret lol.   By the time we get a muni 11 there's little need. Also make a way to get to the inner ring of water with ships or they will always be useless.   At the rate muni builds will be able to build a aircraft carrier in the last few hours of the map. Assuming it lasts the full 15 days 

3. Airbase and army base.  Thanks for reducing the build times.  It's now at least theoretically possible to level them to 20 in 15 days.   Never gonna happen but nice to know it's possible.    There is this little thing called making arms that means you have to stop upgrading.   Currently I'm on air 11 at 8 hours.   

4.5.6 and 7.  Munitions.   Before we only needed 12 to obtain all the troops which meant in 3-5 days you could have everything.  5 days if you build troops and battle 3 if you just say and built.   Nobody knows what the muni level for the upper stuff is. But what is the point of having Jets the last day at best.  This is all assuming anyone stays around long enough to unlock them. 

8. Bp.  Why the $&@@ did the bp requirement double.  I've been told that drop rates have increased.  But that's a load of bull.  Either way increasing bp drop rate while in increasing amount needed is like turning up your stereo because you just put ear plugs in.   

9. New players.   These so called changes to benefit new players are complete nonsense.   You know what makes you not a new player? Playing that's what.  Split the game up.  Make a board where nobody at or over cw4 rank can join.  And others that anyone can join but if under cw3 you'll know going in that it's a board with higher ranked players 

10. Bubbles.  I know many thought the bubbles every 10 seconds were annoying but what even more annoying is getting them after 12 hours and over half are population.   It takes so long to make troops now that nobody will ever have an issue with population.  EVER.   My city currently makes more population then I can use if I make planes and ground troops and upgrade at the same time.  Also 100 oil or 150 rubber might have meant something in the old map. But 100 oil won't even make a scout now lol.  

11.  I like the new map.  There needs to be more incentive to battle for the center of to battle at all. But most are too concentrated on the grueling task of getting muni high enough to actually do anything.   Gig takes muni 14.  I hate to see what the b29 takes 

12. Stop with the kneejerk reactions of feedback from 12 year olds(quoting someone else but I agree).  Take the time to find out the consequences to changes.   Try asking players.  Don't ruin this like so many other developers have their games.   I know the guys at the office are brilliant and all their ideas are spectacular.   But they don't pay the bills.  Dare to be different from the other companies.  Listen to your players but not blindly.   

35 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Almost forgot.   

Commercial center.   

Fix it.   Trades are epically horrid.   And 4 hour wait on top of it.  How about make the comm back like it was with numbers adjusted for the new system.  Basically 10x res.   And make a side panel with a unit for purchase.  That way you can still sell units and we can actually trade again.  

I feel bad because GMs are probably going to give you some canned response and other players will just nitpick/argue or say the exact same thing in a different capacity. Here's to ya Mr. Noodles. If they don't make you a tester or something idk wtf is going on.

• Upvote 4

I'm noticing waaay more drop-outs with this map. I suspect there is not enough pvp happening. Could it be the map is too big? Likely. On our map now, I think we are lucky if we have 12 active players now. Out of 260, that pretty terrible. If the map was scaled down to have less legs (peninsulas), less towns and a more than 6 players per leg, we can start seeing more pvp and probably more action, less drop outs.

the idea for the dveloper is to have a very active game that people will buy gems for. If you are getting a massive amount of drop outs before the match is half way, there is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with as no one will want to buy gems.

like noodles stated, upgrading and leveling up the troops is now impossible to get to level 5. What's the point to have lvl 5 troops at the end of the game when 95% of the players have already dropped out.

doubling the number of command points might be the easy way to do things to keep pvp active. The issue of upgrading does need to be dealt with.

tbh, I was going to buy the 30 day gem pack during the last map, but held off to see the new map. Now I'm just not interested in them now. No point in buying them if 3/4 of the players drop off and I'm just running around capping rebel and Ss controlled areas. Kinda boring now, with no mystery of unknown strategy from players.

Theres no pride in taking out rebel or ss controlled areas, but when you battle another player for 2-3 days and finally take them out, it feels freakin great.

golden empire - currently sits as boring.

concept is amazing, but with the lack of pvp and impossible upgrades, it becomes subpar.

8 minutes ago, Realvapejay said:

I'm noticing waaay more drop-outs with this map. I suspect there is not enough pvp happening. Could it be the map is too big? Likely. On our map now, I think we are lucky if we have 12 active players now. Out of 260, that pretty terrible. If the map was scaled down to have less legs (peninsulas), less towns and a more than 6 players per leg, we can start seeing more pvp and probably more action, less drop outs.

the idea for the dveloper is to have a very active game that people will buy gems for. If you are getting a massive amount of drop outs before the match is half way, there is a serious issue that needs to be dealt with as no one will want to buy gems.

like noodles stated, upgrading and leveling up the troops is now impossible to get to level 5. What's the point to have lvl 5 troops at the end of the game when 95% of the players have already dropped out.

doubling the number of command points might be the easy way to do things to keep pvp active. The issue of upgrading does need to be dealt with.

tbh, I was going to buy the 30 day gem pack during the last map, but held off to see the new map. Now I'm just not interested in them now. No point in buying them if 3/4 of the players drop off and I'm just running around capping rebel and Ss controlled areas. Kinda boring now, with no mystery of unknown strategy from players.

Theres no pride in taking out rebel or ss controlled areas, but when you battle another player for 2-3 days and finally take them out, it feels freakin great.

golden empire - currently sits as boring.

concept is amazing, but with the lack of pvp and impossible upgrades, it becomes subpar.

Wanted to add, let's look at some board games that are great to play, both simple and complex: risk, axis and allies, game of thrones, eclipse, twilight imperium, heck even battleship and etc. they all have intense pvp and that make them super fun to play. The chance to become top by domination, not really points gathering, although having points gather as a secondary way to win isn't bad, but the primary must be by domination to keep your users engaged in the game.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Noodles said:

Yep, I've about had it with the game, they've pretty much ruined it for me.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHK said:

Bug,

We have over 7900(stage 4), but still open the faction 4 Gold mine, i think it is a bug.

please follow.

Photo 11-2-2016, 20 57 22.gif

Photo 11-2-2016, 20 57 31.gif

Wow that's huge!!! Can't believe it won't open the mines, but one of the cities in my match that is in the center still has a sheild, all others are open except that one and it is not a person 

• Peter unfeatured this topic
  • Peter featured and unpinned this topic