A.    Introduction

B.    Units

C.    Buildings

D.    Gameplay

E.    Strategy (Locked)

F.    Expansion

G.    Tactics

A.    Introduction

Welcome Commanders. This guide is intended to show you the basics operations and functions for Battlefield. Pay attention, and it can save you lots of time and energy. We will go through everything you need to know in order to be successful. Let’s get started.

B.    Units

World Warfare units fall into 3 different categories. They are Ground units, Air Units, and Naval Units. Each unit can be used for different functions. I will give you a brief overview of each unit and its primary/secondary use.

Ground Units

Ground units are your primary source of attack and defense when you are first starting a map. You have different array of units that you can use. Becoming familiar with each and how they are used is important to success. In order to create units, you must first produce the armament for it. The units you can currently build are as follows:

1.     Infantry – Primarily used to capture buildings.

2.     Recon Vehicle – Used to reveal enemy units and buildings hiding behind fog of war.

3.     Medium Tank – light armor used to attack enemy ground units and buildings.

4.     Anti-Tank – Specialized unit designed to attack tanks.

5.     Artillery – Used for long-range attacks.

6.     Heavy Tank – Heavy Armor used to attack enemy ground units and buildings.

7.     Anti-Aircraft Gun – Currently the only unit that can attack Air Units.

8.     Motorized Infantry – Used to Cap Buildings and the same sight range as Recon Vehicle.

Air Units

1.     Scout Aircraft – This is air’s “Recon Vehicle” alternative.

2.     Transport Aircraft – Used to move units. Does not transport Tanks.

3.     Bomber – Air-to-ground attacks.

4.     Fighter – Air-to air attacks.

5.     Large Transport Aircraft – Transports all ground units.

Navel Units

1.     Fletcher-Class Destroyer – This unit can attack units on the ground and buildings.

2.     Cleveland Class Cruiser – Used to attack ground and air units.

3.     Military Transport Ship – Used to transport units.

4.     North Carolina Battleship – This unit attack ground units and buildings. Currently has the longest range in the game.

(This list does not reflect the new units that will be added with the new patch.)

The amount of units that you can have at any given time is based on your battle level.

For example, level 30 can hold a total of 41 units.

You increase your level by building, capturing territory, killing enemy units, and destroying buildings.

C.    Buildings

There are a few territories that can build buildings. They are Cities, Military Zones, Resource Zone, and Harbor. Each of them can build different kinds so I will briefly state them here.

City Buildings

1.     Army Base – Creates ground units from armaments that you can use to fight enemies. If you click on a unit and press “Enter” you can send your unit to repair (heal) or expand (level) which require additional armaments.

2.     Munitions Factory – Most useful building in your city. This building creates armaments that are used to create ground, air, and navel units.

(Pro Tip – You should always be making armaments.

3.     Iron Mine- Produces Iron. You will need Iron to upgrade buildings and create munitions.

4.     Turret – A city’s only defense building.

(Pro Tip – range is increase to 230 at level 3 and 300 at level 5)

5.     Commercial Center – The second most useful building. This building can trade cash for resources from a random, automated market.

(Pro Tip – Leveling this building increases the amount of trading options and amounts. Level 2 unlocks rubber trades and level 3 unlocks oil.)

6.     Air Force Base – Creates Air units from armaments.

7.     Supply Factory – Creates Food, ammo, and fuel for your units.

Military Zones

Military zones are the only other territory that can produce munitions and create units. They can create 4 different buildings.

1.     Army Base

2.     Munitions Factory

3.     Turret

4.     Air Force Base

Ideally, you would want to build this zone with 1 of each of the 4 buildings. Under certain situations, such as when you are deep in enemy territory, you might consider building 2 or even 3 turrets as defense.

Munitions should take priority over other buildings because of its ability to produce armaments.  You should be constantly trying to build munitions; they are necessary if you want expand units and replace units you lose in fights.

Once you get towards the middle of a game, to second most important building to have is an Air Force Base. This can help you land your units to resupply them closer.

Resource Zone

1.     Iron Mine

2.     Turret

3.     Rubber Factory

4.     Oil Field

Keep in mind that the majority of Resource zone can build only rubber or oil. You can tell by finding the icon under the Resource zone. The ideal build for a Resource Zone should be 2/2. 2 iron mines and 2 oil or Rubber Factories.

Same rules apply here, so being in an aggressive zone with lots of enemies might make you want to build turrets. In that case, you should build no more then 2 turrets, and the other 2 should be reserved for oil/rubber.  Any other combination would be a waste of your limited Leadership points used to hold territory.

Harbor

1.     Turret

2.     Munitions Factory

3.     Navel Shipyard – This building creates naval units.

D.    Gameplay

Due to changes that will be made to the gameplay, this part of the guide will be added later.

E.    Expansion

How you expand your territory primarily depends on your style of gameplay. The ideal base size is 3 villages, 2 resources zones, and 1 military zone. This can change dramatically based on location and play style. 3 main types of styles are aggressive, passive, and defensive.

1.     Aggressive - These players attack other active players. Motivations for this include resources, prestige, rankings, and key territory.

2.     Passive – These players primarily target inactive players and NPC’s. These players will normally not attack other players, but will defense and retaliate if attacked.

3.     Defensive – These players primarily target NPC’s. Often when territory is claimed, they will not really move for the rest of the game.

Aggressive players will often control the field and dictate the end results. Most aggressive players come from leagues; so attacking these players is highly discouraged unless you are part of a league yourself.

F.    Strategy (Locked)

G.    Tactics 

i.         WO1 I – All freebies, enjoy them. You’ll use them the most.

a.     Paratrooper Airborne – Deploys only 1 infantry unit, despite the description.  This is the most used tactic.

b.     Air Reconnaissance – Deploys a Scout Aircraft. Second most unit of the game. If you have had a scout fight, you will.

c.      Airdrop Supplies – Supplies 50% of ammo, fuel, and food to your units. The third most used tactic.

(After this point, you are only allowed to pick 1. Choose wisely.)

ii.         WO1 III

a.     Talent Recruitment – Population growth +50%, Fortune Growth -30%. Don’t know anyone who uses it.

b.     Wartime Economy – Fortune Growth +50%, Population Growth -30%. Don’t know anyone who uses it.

c.      For the Country – Attack +30%, Repair Speed +50% for Turrets in your Administrative area. (Pro Tip: This is the tactic you want)

iii.         CW2 II

a.     Stand Firm – Defense +50% for all troops in an area. Don’t know many who use this, but there are a few.

b.     Last Stand – Attack +30% to effective area. This is a very useful tactic.

c.      Blitzkrieg – My personal favorite. Speed +40%. Nothing more fun to watch then bombers outrunning fighters.

iv.         CW3 I

a.     Persuade Captive – Restores 3% of maximum Power for all units. There are a few that use this.

b.     Siege and Destroy – Attack against buildings +30%. Most people’s go to.

c.      Supply Reinforcement – 500 of each supply to a city. Don’t know anyone who uses it, though I have contemplated.

v.         CW3 III – All worthless, so just pick any. Don’t waste tactics on these.

a.     Steel Smelting - +50% for steel, -30% for fortune.

b.     Oil Extraction - +50% for Oil, -30% for fortune.

c.      Rubber Harvesting+50% for Rubber, -30% for fortune.

vi.         CW4 II – The moment of truth, Last tactic.

a.     Life Saving – Currently OP as F@#$. I’ve seen fights were it came down to that had more to spend. Theoretically, this could make anyone invisible. Restores 30% of maximum power.

b.     Artillery Support – Once the go-to tactic, is currently worthless. Depletes 10% of all enemies’ health plus 50.

c.      Suicidal Charge – Power -35%, Attack +150%. Pack a big punch at a cost.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

• Peter featured this topic
  • Peter pinned this topic
2 hours ago, BladeGuner said:

Very nice, Semispaz, this look like something that gameplay should have written. It a great start for a beginner primer. Good work

Thanks, I'll add some gameplay and more content as it goes, but with the new patch coming in would have just be wasted time. I'll be add a Tech & Gold Section to the Gameplay part.

• Upvote 3

Keep up the good work, this give us a place to point the new players instead of answering the same set inane question over and over again during the middle of gameplay. This wor has be sorely needed and I'm happy to see someone tackling it.let me know if you would like help, I have written some tactic pieces for the Solo forum, and I could adapt some of them and submit the to you o see if any of it would be useful for your endeavor . -Blade

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BladeGuner said:

Yes I see your point, I don't think anyone would like to get a message "your unit is getting attacked by crap". I'm sorry but that is very funny, I don't care who you are, that there is funny. - Blade

It most certainly is funny! My poor infantry ran right into a huge pile of it!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BladeGuner said:

Keep up the good work, this give us a place to point the new players instead of answering the same set inane question over and over again during the middle of gameplay. This wor has be sorely needed and I'm happy to see someone tackling it.let me know if you would like help, I have written some tactic pieces for the Solo forum, and I could adapt some of them and submit the to you o see if any of it would be useful for your endeavor . -Blade

I would definitely like to see what you wrote and see how our thoughts differ on them. I do plan to expand on it quite a bit.

7 hours ago, DeliYamma said:

Nice job on that tutorial semispaz. I think you pretty much nailed it and put a lot of work into that.  Of course I differ on just a few things that fit my style but that is spot on of course don't know what this new patch will bring should be fun adjusting.

Yeah, even within my own league I differ on strategy. For example, I thought Navy was OP, but virtually useless against me while I was inland. This new map might prove to change my thoughts on that from the looks of it.

20 minutes ago, Shortfuse said:

It most certainly is funny! My poor infantry ran right into a huge pile of it!

Well you run into crap, it wins. Hard to get off of those boots...

D.    Gameplay (Updated)

Tech Points

Tech points are required in order to upgrade units in the new patch.  Currently there are 2 ways to obtain them.

1.     You will obtain 1 Tech point every 30 minutes.

2.     Stage Prize 2 gives 1 Tech point, and Stage Prize 3-5 give 2 Tech points each.

Tech Units

In order to unlock units, you must meet 2 separate Criteria.

1.     You must follow the Tech Tree that is shown in the Technology Tab.

2.     You must upgrade previous units to meet the requirements. (Example: M101 105mm Howitzer requires you to have a level 5 M1 57mm Anti-Tank Gun and a level 4 M4 Sherman Tank.)

Edited by Semispaz
  • Upvote 1

• Peter unfeatured this topic
17 hours ago, Shortfuse said:

This is awesome. Hopefully, now, no one will ever get this attack message.........

image.png

Lmao, we leveled his city, and nobody wanted that crap.

very well written, should be mandatory reading....   I also agree the heal is op as fkkkk.   I miss the old arty support...  All they had to do was increase aa hp

• Upvote 1

• Peter unpinned this topic
  • Peter pinned and featured this topic
  • Peter featured this topic
On January 28, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Semispaz said:

World Warfare

Starter Guide for Battlefield

By Semispaz

League GODz

v.1

Table of Contents

A.    Introduction

B.    Units

C.    Buildings

D.    Gameplay

E.    Strategy (Locked)

F.    Expansion

G.    Tactics

A.    Introduction

Welcome Commanders. This guide is intended to show you the basics operations and functions for Battlefield. Pay attention, and it can save you lots of time and energy. We will go through everything you need to know in order to be successful. Let’s get started.

B.    Units

World Warfare units fall into 3 different categories. They are Ground units, Air Units, and Naval Units. Each unit can be used for different functions. I will give you a brief overview of each unit and its primary/secondary use.

Ground Units

Ground units are your primary source of attack and defense when you are first starting a map. You have different array of units that you can use. Becoming familiar with each and how they are used is important to success. In order to create units, you must first produce the armament for it. The units you can currently build are as follows:

1.     Infantry – Primarily used to capture buildings.

2.     Recon Vehicle – Used to reveal enemy units and buildings hiding behind fog of war.

3.     Medium Tank – light armor used to attack enemy ground units and buildings.

4.     Anti-Tank – Specialized unit designed to attack tanks.

5.     Artillery – Used for long-range attacks.

6.     Heavy Tank – Heavy Armor used to attack enemy ground units and buildings.

7.     Anti-Aircraft Gun – Currently the only unit that can attack Air Units.

8.     Motorized Infantry – Used to Cap Buildings and the same sight range as Recon Vehicle.

Air Units

1.     Scout Aircraft – This is air’s “Recon Vehicle” alternative.

2.     Transport Aircraft – Used to move units. Does not transport Tanks.

3.     Bomber – Air-to-ground attacks.

4.     Fighter – Air-to air attacks.

5.     Large Transport Aircraft – Transports all ground units.

Navel Units

1.     Fletcher-Class Destroyer – This unit can attack units on the ground and buildings.

2.     Cleveland Class Cruiser – Used to attack ground and air units.

3.     Military Transport Ship – Used to transport units.

4.     North Carolina Battleship – This unit attack ground units and buildings. Currently has the longest range in the game.

(This list does not reflect the new units that will be added with the new patch.)

The amount of units that you can have at any given time is based on your battle level.

For example, level 30 can hold a total of 41 units.

You increase your level by building, capturing territory, killing enemy units, and destroying buildings.

C.    Buildings

There are a few territories that can build buildings. They are Cities, Military Zones, Resource Zone, and Harbor. Each of them can build different kinds so I will briefly state them here.

City Buildings

1.     Army Base – Creates ground units from armaments that you can use to fight enemies. If you click on a unit and press “Enter” you can send your unit to repair (heal) or expand (level) which require additional armaments.

2.     Munitions Factory – Most useful building in your city. This building creates armaments that are used to create ground, air, and navel units.

(Pro Tip – You should always be making armaments.

3.     Iron Mine- Produces Iron. You will need Iron to upgrade buildings and create munitions.

4.     Turret – A city’s only defense building.

(Pro Tip – range is increase to 230 at level 3 and 300 at level 5)

5.     Commercial Center – The second most useful building. This building can trade cash for resources from a random, automated market.

(Pro Tip – Leveling this building increases the amount of trading options and amounts. Level 2 unlocks rubber trades and level 3 unlocks oil.)

6.     Air Force Base – Creates Air units from armaments.

7.     Supply Factory – Creates Food, ammo, and fuel for your units.

Military Zones

Military zones are the only other territory that can produce munitions and create units. They can create 4 different buildings.

1.     Army Base

2.     Munitions Factory

3.     Turret

4.     Air Force Base

Ideally, you would want to build this zone with 1 of each of the 4 buildings. Under certain situations, such as when you are deep in enemy territory, you might consider building 2 or even 3 turrets as defense.

Munitions should take priority over other buildings because of its ability to produce armaments.  You should be constantly trying to build munitions; they are necessary if you want expand units and replace units you lose in fights.

Once you get towards the middle of a game, to second most important building to have is an Air Force Base. This can help you land your units to resupply them closer.

Resource Zone

1.     Iron Mine

2.     Turret

3.     Rubber Factory

4.     Oil Field

Keep in mind that the majority of Resource zone can build only rubber or oil. You can tell by finding the icon under the Resource zone. The ideal build for a Resource Zone should be 2/2. 2 iron mines and 2 oil or Rubber Factories.

Same rules apply here, so being in an aggressive zone with lots of enemies might make you want to build turrets. In that case, you should build no more then 2 turrets, and the other 2 should be reserved for oil/rubber.  Any other combination would be a waste of your limited Leadership points used to hold territory.

Harbor

1.     Turret

2.     Munitions Factory

3.     Navel Shipyard – This building creates naval units.

D.    Gameplay

Due to changes that will be made to the gameplay, this part of the guide will be added later.

E.    Expansion

How you expand your territory primarily depends on your style of gameplay. The ideal base size is 3 villages, 2 resources zones, and 1 military zone. This can change dramatically based on location and play style. 3 main types of styles are aggressive, passive, and defensive.

1.     Aggressive - These players attack other active players. Motivations for this include resources, prestige, rankings, and key territory.

2.     Passive – These players primarily target inactive players and NPC’s. These players will normally not attack other players, but will defense and retaliate if attacked.

3.     Defensive – These players primarily target NPC’s. Often when territory is claimed, they will not really move for the rest of the game.

Aggressive players will often control the field and dictate the end results. Most aggressive players come from leagues; so attacking these players is highly discouraged unless you are part of a league yourself.

F.    Strategy (Locked)

G.    Tactics 

i.         WO1 I – All freebies, enjoy them. You’ll use them the most.

a.     Paratrooper Airborne – Deploys only 1 infantry unit, despite the description.  This is the most used tactic.

b.     Air Reconnaissance – Deploys a Scout Aircraft. Second most unit of the game. If you have had a scout fight, you will.

c.      Airdrop Supplies – Supplies 50% of ammo, fuel, and food to your units. The third most used tactic.

(After this point, you are only allowed to pick 1. Choose wisely.)

ii.         WO1 III

a.     Talent Recruitment – Population growth +50%, Fortune Growth -30%. Don’t know anyone who uses it.

b.     Wartime Economy – Fortune Growth +50%, Population Growth -30%. Don’t know anyone who uses it.

c.      For the Country – Attack +30%, Repair Speed +50% for Turrets in your Administrative area. (Pro Tip: This is the tactic you want)

iii.         CW2 II

a.     Stand Firm – Defense +50% for all troops in an area. Don’t know many who use this, but there are a few.

b.     Last Stand – Attack +30% to effective area. This is a very useful tactic.

c.      Blitzkrieg – My personal favorite. Speed +40%. Nothing more fun to watch then bombers outrunning fighters.

iv.         CW3 I

a.     Persuade Captive – Restores 3% of maximum Power for all units. There are a few that use this.

b.     Siege and Destroy – Attack against buildings +30%. Most people’s go to.

c.      Supply Reinforcement – 500 of each supply to a city. Don’t know anyone who uses it, though I have contemplated.

v.         CW3 III – All worthless, so just pick any. Don’t waste tactics on these.

a.     Steel Smelting - +50% for steel, -30% for fortune.

b.     Oil Extraction - +50% for Oil, -30% for fortune.

c.      Rubber Harvesting+50% for Rubber, -30% for fortune.

vi.         CW4 II – The moment of truth, Last tactic.

a.     Life Saving – Currently OP as F@#$. I’ve seen fights were it came down to that had more to spend. Theoretically, this could make anyone invisible. Restores 30% of maximum power.

b.     Artillery Support – Once the go-to tactic, is currently worthless. Depletes 10% of all enemies’ health plus 50.

c.      Suicidal Charge – Power -35%, Attack +150%. Pack a big punch at a cost.

Thanks for the guide! Was a great use to me.  (kinda wanted to quote the whole thing too :3)

Edited by Creepermaster
Misspelled great (auto correct)
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Peter unpinned this topic