World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Feedback on Submarine Changes (500 Amethyst)

Peter

Hello Commanders,

As we have changed some attributes about the submarine unit in map Battle of Aegean: submerge/strike time from 5 minutes to 3 minutes; base HP from 4000 to 3000, we'd very much like to hear what you think about the change. Please leave your opinions in the comment area.

500 amethyst will be distributed to each of you for the honest opinion. This topic will end on July 5th.

Don't forget to leave your ID and name in comment area. Thanks.

World Warfare Team

20 minutes ago, Dawgs39 said:

I think you should have it were subs can shoot underwater as well then have destroyers be able to shoot torpedos at the subs when detected from sonar

Yea, that would be good. What do you think of the changes we have done?

18 minutes ago, PattyMcdaddy said:

I actually haven’t been able to use this unit at all or even seen it in a battlefield. Is it only for a specific battlefield?

It's only available in map Battle of Aegean for now

I believe that the changes made to the sub are a step in the right direction, however I think that increasing or decreasing the strike timer will much affect the unit, people running ships with start bringing more or less destroyers to sonar scan more often depending on if the timer is lower or higher, to buff or nerf the sub you would need to increase or decrease the activation range of the unit, allowing more subs to be activated within the range of the ship you want to destroy and then spread out in all directions to outrange the target and eventually shoot it from all directions and destroy it 

11 minutes ago, Nino said:

I believe that the changes made to the sub are a step in the right direction, however I think that increasing or decreasing the strike timer will much affect the unit, people running ships with start bringing more or less destroyers to sonar scan more often depending on if the timer is lower or higher, to buff or nerf the sub you would need to increase or decrease the activation range of the unit, allowing more subs to be activated within the range of the ship you want to destroy and then spread out in all directions to outrange the target and eventually shoot it from all directions and destroy it 

NiNO ID 172967

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Peter said:

Hello Commanders,

As we have changed some attributes about the submarine unit in map Battle of Aegean: submerge/strike time from 5 minutes to 3 minutes; base HP from 4000 to 3000, we'd very much like to hear what you think about the change. Please leave your opinions in the comment area.

500 amethyst will be distributed to each of you for the honest opinion. This topic will end on July 5th.

Don't forget to leave your ID and name in comment area. Thanks.

World Warfare Team

I think that the sonar should cover more area on the destroyers.  Currently, you have to be almost on top of them to find them

2 minutes ago, TGM said:

I think that the sonar should cover more area on the destroyers.  Currently, you have to be almost on top of them to find them

KingTGM 

On 6/29/2021 at 11:16 AM, Morrigon said:

I think this would be good enough of a nerf to make them work. 

On 6/29/2021 at 11:23 AM, Dawgs39 said:

I think you should have it were subs can shoot underwater as well then have destroyers be able to shoot torpedos at the subs when detected from sonar

On 6/30/2021 at 7:46 AM, TGM said:

KingTGM 

Please leave your name and ID number

I would like the subs to mimic more what real subs do in battle I don’t think the changes really helped if not much at all. How in the real world does a sub just keep firing torpedos over and over again the damage should be increased by torpedos. The way you have it the torpedos act like an underwater machine gun! BOGUS! Torpedoes in the real world do devestating damage. You have created a sad mocking cartoon version of what subs really do. 

The damage is not good but the other issue is the waffen ships are way overpowered in the map anyway they need to be dialed down a bit. Maybe even add a deep dive option as well or an underwater torpedo level

I was actually a little disappointed that you could not shoot them underwater and have the destroyers fire back at them if detected by sonar. Being able to shoot underwater would just make them all that much better and it would encourage a lot more strategy in using them and countering them. I still think the 3mins to submerge is along time and the movement speed is very very slow almost painful

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2021 at 11:16 PM, Morrigon said:

I think this would be good enough of a nerf to make them work. 

No they need speed increased and special attack activation range increased as well as destroyers sonar ability range increased. Also give bombers attack against subs and subs attack against aircraft. Then add them to all maps please. @Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter, can we please get a detailed explanation of how the subs work? As of right now I'm under the impression that they are almost useless in their current form. As they can't fire under water. They have very low HP, and despite the splash damage they can still easily be killed by battleships. Can they not be fired upon unless detected by enemy destroyers? Can all ships fire upon them automatically or are they hidden from view until they they are detected or can they be hit by battleships splash just like other ships? Please clarify this because I'm unsure of how they are supposed the be used at the moment.

I tried testing them on a super ship and none of the waffen ships fought back, but this could be a bug or something else. I haven't used them against a player yet.