World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tank Optimization Suggestions

Peter

i have been playing this game for almost 5 years and i am tired of people who do not understand fundamental gameplay. STOP CHANGING THE GAME BASIC CONCEPT JUST BECAUSE FEW SNOWFLAKES WHO STARTED PLAYING YESTERDAY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY/USE TANKS!

its becoming ridicilous. whats the purpose of 3 tech classes if you make 2 (both ground army) classes to have the same advantages? 

On 1/3/2021 at 10:20 PM, RadTech said:

Optimization of the tanks would be great, however, all units move very slow.  The tank issue is valid.  Their power should be increased as well as their speed.  The average tank hit points should be increased relative to the “rebel” tanks which seem to have a higher hit point value.

I say add 3 different tanks and a tank destroyer that can be put in LC or made in a regular muni

The light tank- Chaffee.

It is a very fast tank with a lower caliber gun but more modernized than the panzer III. It can do higher damage to vehicle armourd units but has lower defense this should be league city level 1 or 2

The medium tank - Panther G.

Its a well rounded tank that is a little slower than its original model (last I checked) but it has a higher caliber gun that has more power and can deal a lot of damage to armoured units this should be muni level 9

The heavy tank - KV-2 or KV-2 SPG

This beast of a tank is slower but holds a 152mm gun that can be used as a mobile artillery or a heavy tank. It has ok armor but a lot of firepower dealing a lot of damage to vehicle and tanks. You should put HE shells and APCR to this tank and you might have to research the HE shells in battlefield tech. You should put this in a regular munitions factory at level 11

Tank destroyer - SU 152 or ISU 152

These two models fit a 152mm gun on a chassis of a medium tank (probably a t34 or KV-85) but it is slow and deals a lot of damage to tanks this should be LC muni lvl 3 or 4

These are my suggestions thank you for reading

20 hours ago, DTLegend said:

This is the best option imo.  Its also the most realistic.  AOE tanks is nonsense, as there is nothing like that irl.  m40s are the cheapest most cost effective unit in the game, friendly fire is the better option, nerfing the best unit, making them needed to be used more skillfully would help balance the game.

I agree with the concept of having tanks like king tiger available sooner, muni lvl 11 or 12 comes to mind.  Another concept could be tech that has tanks receive an extremely reduced amount of AOE damage(like 75% reduction in splash damage) while still taking the regular direct attack damage.  That way it reduces bomber/cannon domination over tanks while still benefitting players to spread their tanks out.

Uh the KV 2 was basically a tank that did splash

So Obviously no one wants to admit how broken the game is with the ability to have m40 and LC bombers so early in the game then this is what the standard munitions timeline should be:

flak 36 lvl 2 (need something to counter the flak 41 so early and scout swarms)

light lvl 3

Sherman lvl 4

t-34 lvl 5

tiger lvl 6 (this is when you start seeing a few m40s appear)

m26 at lvl 7 (I have no doubt these would be a good counter to early m40s)

Arty and Bofor lvl 8

m1903 and elephant tank lvl 9 (for those who don’t have access to LC - need to make the research with gold too, none of this bs other coins)

king tiger lvl 10 (I have seen these counter expanded m40s quite well)

dump the maus... it’s pretty much useless,.. it wasn’t even an active unit in ww2,.. just 2 prototypes and they weren’t even battle functional.

It is like the land Bismarck,... but sooo friggin slow, a fleet of basic Mitchell’s can knock them off before they roll to the next city.

increase  the speed, it was only a prototype,.. pretend they slapped a couple of V2 rockets to it and give it 100% more basic speed.

and yes, I have been playing this game a long time,.. before m40s were even a thing and top tier was artys/fighters,.. I think the only active player I know of with a lower member level than me is Zeus.

Edited by Realvapejay
  • Like 1

so many comments and almost everyone is ready to ruin the game. we know how engineers work, they add a new icon and will fix the bugs that are dragging on this icon for a month. you just need to change the damage m40 and flak vs tanks and add for tanks the attack range, vision and protection from artillery from 2000 to 3000 or 5000 for example (you need a test)......this will be the first step. later I will be ready to tell you about the second step

On 1/10/2021 at 1:50 AM, SlavyaninKursk said:

so many comments and almost everyone is ready to ruin the game. we know how engineers work, they add a new icon and will fix the bugs that are dragging on this icon for a month. you just need to change the damage m40 and flak vs tanks and add for tanks the attack range, vision and protection from artillery from 2000 to 3000 or 5000 for example (you need a test)......this will be the first step. later I will be ready to tell you about the second step

I agree.  or could just change the attack range(200) and vision.  in the real-world, tanks have a good firing range.

• 2 weeks later...

So post update the change made to tanks was swapping out the bf tech that gives extra hp with tech that instead gives extra defense but only against arty troops. Depending on a players tech lvl for that troop may or may not make a difference. If a player already has high defense then the extra defense doesn’t make much of a difference. However giving up 15% hp is big and it being swapped out for defense made no sense. The objective was to improve tanks to make them more playable but really it looks like a need to me. 

Here’s my solution:

Put back hp tech, keep defense tech and possibly increase the defense from arty attacks another 1000. Then what I believe would be fair is give tanks an ability to target 3-4 units at the same time. Often times it’s hard to individual selected groups of tanks to target separate arty troops to maximize their damage. Often what happens is they all focus and overkill one arty meanwhile the arty army is knocking down the hp of the tanks. What really needs to happen is either tanks need that small AOE or they are immune to AOE from Arty. 

Need to take into perspective that a cannoneer player all they have to do is target a tank in the mid and they hit all tanks. Doesn’t require too much skill or coordination. Meanwhile a tanker has to spread their tanks out and micro manage each tank to avoid all tanks being hit at the same time and to try and maximize damage to at least have a fighting chance.

Need access to make at least king tigers available sooner in the city munitions. I would say lvl 10 or 11 as lvl 14 takes a long time to reach meanwhile m40s are available at a lvl 2 LC and that takes no time to get.

• 2 months later...

I think add new tank could be a good idea, I personnaly would like to see the Somua S35, it a a medium french tank but a bit lighter than a Panzer III, we have Sherman and T34 as a better tank, Tiger and Pershing so why not add the S35 as a better light tank ? It has great mobility, great armor and a good gun (they were pretty much better than the Panzer III in the early state of war but had flaws like having no radio or because we didn't have a lot of them and a pain to repair on the battlefield) 

The S35 could have a bit more armor and hp, better damage and an equivalent speed 

-the S35 can go at 40,7 km/h on road and at 37 km/h off road vs 40 km/h on road and 20 km/h off road for the panzer III

-19,5t for the S35 vs 20 for the panzer III

-The S35 had 20mm to 56mm of armor (and his design was made to bounce shell so it had even better armor) vs 15mm to 50mm for the panzer III (it depend the version)

-The S35 had a 47mm gun vs 37mm for the panzer III

The S35 could be unlock before the Sherman or as a LC1 but it would probably be uneffective at this time so a bit before the Sherman would be great I think

And for the problem of the M40 and flak, maybe make the M40 longer to get and nerf their damage to tank ? 

Edited by Yannix04

• 2 months later...

Tanks in Forced March should be given a “dodge” attribute that suppresses 75% of Artillery damage. When someone has 20 m40s or any artillery paired with AA or jets tanks are pretty much useless no matter the health (unless tanks are made unbalanced). The damage reduction will allow tanks to be used instead of the meta (Artillery/AA/Stug armies we see)