World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tank Optimization Suggestions

Peter

1 the the turret does not move on the tanks. 2 You can't shoot on the move .3 No reverse action.4 More tank variety like country-based Japanese-American Russian British.5 I feel that you should have a multimove action where you can set up another move to pacifically go where you want so you as a player have more control on your attack so the things don't have to be bunched up 6 and a secondary gun machine gunner to the tanks .7 I believe the range on the tanks where you have to be nose to nose with the tank like the Sherman or the panzer the realism there is a little disproportionate.                                                   

Another option would be to make tanks immune to AOE damage from Arty and leave it at that. Or at least add an ability that ignores all AOE for 5mins. I think this is the better option because then it would allow tanks time to reach Arty troops and give time to spread tanks but won’t make them too OP. 

If tanks are given AOE then m40s and arty will absolutely have no chance to win. A fully buffed maus tank can deal a ton of damage to a single Arty troop and even more with clàss tech for extra damage and defense done. About 5 maus tanks can drop a single m40 in a few secs, if they got AOE essentially 5 tanks could kill any m40 army that is group up too close.

9 minutes ago, ApkHawk148 said:

Another option would be to make tanks immune to AOE damage from Arty and leave it at that. Or at least add an ability that ignores all AOE for 5mins. I think this is the better option because then it would allow tanks time to reach Arty troops and give time to spread tanks but won’t make them too OP. 

If tanks are given AOE then m40s and arty will absolutely have no chance to win. A fully buffed maus tank can deal a ton of damage to a single Arty troop and even more with clàss tech for extra damage and defense done. About 5 maus tanks can drop a single m40 in a few secs, if they got AOE essentially 5 tanks could kill any m40 army that is group up too close.

To add king tigers (lvl 14 munitions) and Maus (lvl 5 league city munitions) take time to get unlike M40s (lvl 2 league city munitions) and Flaks (lvl 1 league city munitions). It would make more sense for these tanks to be far stronger than the lower lvl arms available. Right now an army consisting of m40 and flaks can easily stop most rank armies before they even get close in range to do damage. 

A few solutions to this problem could be:

a) lower flak damage to tanks drastically.

b)increase tank speed and defense from flaks

c)increase flaks to requiring a higher lvl munitions to either lvl 2 or even lvl 3.

d) a combination of the above

e) remove AOE from flaks to ground. Make it an air only AOE.

On another note I think this game needs more tank troops to build with specializations like bombers do. Be cool to see tanks that specialize in:

Building killing damage 

Pvp fighting Damage

Higher range attacks but less damage

Speed but less defense 

a well rounded tank

high defense and hp but very low attack (a real tank)

• Like 1

My thoughts about some suggestions and how they can be incorporated in the game better:

For Slaytronics “tanks should only be good day 1” I disagree, airman and cannon are powerful day 2-So on. And with the suggestions beside splash damage I feel like tanks still would be the worst unit in day 2 and more but they’d be a lot more playable. Keep in mind that airman can get level 15 and have salvo on flak 36 day 1 which destroys tanks, but this is still somewhat counterable. And again tanks should be good vs cannoneers while airman should be the one countering tankers. But this is arguable.

For galop’s “make tanks have +4000 or +6000 defence vs cannoneer troops” I disagree also, that’d be ridiculously overpowered and would make tanks likes king tigers and maus very close to tigers health which would just make them so unreasonable to get. Instead of adding extra defence why don’t just make the big boy tanks more excessive, cause everyone’s talking about tigers cause that’s the by far most used tank. Everyone wants tigers powerful late game but tigers are unlocked at level 8 city munitions, king tigers and maus are the tanks that should be used late game.

For Josh’s suggestion I don’t think there needs more tanks, and it seems like more players want tank based units for example Cengiz’s suggestion for the artillery tank or whatever. People suggest these because Pershing’s, T-34, king tigers and maus are just completely unused and aren’t worth getting. Using my suggestion could fix this and in my opinion I’d work well with so many of the suggestions.

All these ideas are great, I just don’t agree with some of this stuff cause there’s a much easier way to buff tanks that wouldn’t take more then a week to code it in. My suggestion in the first page is a combination of a lot of these suggestions. Again, this is just to support my suggestion and I really feel like it’s what players would want.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxanator said:

.... Pershing’s, T-34, king tigers and maus are just completely unused and aren’t worth getting. .....

By moving the M40 and bombers to lvl 4 lc would change that. Heck even make them lvl 5 LC.

probabky don’t even need to make any changes to the tanks,.. just make the T34 and Pershing available in the LC lvl 1 and 2, or lvl 2 and 3.

drop the king tiger to lvl 11 muni.

let the airmen be stuck with basic Mitchell’s and etc for a while. (I play airman so I know I would feel the hurt in playing a low level bomber)

you will see a lot of unused units being used again. Even the recently added rocket artillery would be used, M1081 or whatever it is (see, I don’t even care because there’s no point in it as m40 can be had so early in the game, literally at the end of day 1)

do a beta global, call it ‘ground pounders’

23 hours ago, BeeBuZZing said:

I don't see anywhere this game is about the WWII... Only the troops identification. If the game is called something about the WWII then you got reason. 

BTW, I've search and for example.... In real life tanks speed:

Sherman: 35-48 Km/h

Tiger: 40 Km/h

StuG: 40 Km/h    🤔

Screenshot_20210105-040231_Google Play Store.jpg

• Upvote 1

Before talking about any suggestions I have, I strongly believe that light tanks and Shermans are where they should be. I would not advise many changes to these units as they are strong enough at early stages of the map which seems to be well balanced with the other early game units. The bigger issues arise in mid to late game when bigger tanks such as heavy tanks and super tanks encounter large masses of flak and m40.

My suggestions that I have in mind that I would like to bring to your attentionare the following.

1. Firstly, I recommend implementing a progressive attack range system. Light tanks should remain with their respective 75 attack range, Shermans should be increased to 100 attack range, heavy tanks should have 125 range and super tanks should have 150 range. Applying this system will allow players to spread their tanks more effectively in battles against units who hit multiple targets simultaneously (where we see the imbalance). This should reduce the effectiveness of these units against higher tier tanks.

2. Secondly, flak 36 and 41 should in theory be primarily anti aircraft units however they are more effective then artillery type units against tanks since they have the salvo ability and heavy and super tanks don’t have the increased defence against them in the same way they have it against artillery from the tanker class tech. I recommend modifying the tanker class tech for increased defence to also apply to the flak or to create an additional class tech research that increased defence against them. If tanks need to be optimized to balance fights between m40 and tigers, let’s not overlook flak which are more effective then m40 against tanks with the salvo ability. If tanks are optimized in a way that m40 have a harder time countering them players will look to flak and we will begin seeing how broken this mechanic is. If I run tanks I much prefer to run into m40 then flak assuming there is an equal amount. If cannoneers run both m40 and flak they are all extremely effective against the tanks whereas a tanker running tigers and flak will likely not drop the flak from transport ships because they do little to no damage against m40. This simple fix would at least bring flak on par with the damage output of m40 which still seems high for an Anti Aircraft unit.

3. Thirdly, there is only one available tank unit in the league city at level 5 and there are 6 city and munition levels between a tiger and a king tiger tank. This is compared to cannoneers that have a good progression between artillery, m40 gun motorcarrige and Katyusha rockets, and airman that have access to three different bombers in the league city. My recommendation would be to introduce a league city tank at league munition 2 or 3 that is stronger then a tiger tank but weaker then a king tiger tank (Heavy Persian tank could be a good option) as league city units should always be slightly stronger then their subsequent city munition unit. I also believe that the king tiger tanks should be able to be produced at munition level 11 which will allow for a better troop progression for tankers. This is important because not all players like to use the league city to produce there armaments. For example, airman have the ability to train 4 types of bombers from the city munition and 3 types from the league city. Many airman chose to train Avro Lancasters and  mustang fighters instead of strategic bombers and jets. Similarly, cannoneers can train m101 howitzers and bofors from the city munition or m40 and rockets from the league city. Tankers however, have a very difficult time using the league city as their primary means of troop production as Maus take a very long time to acquire. Introducing a progression tank troop in the lc and lowering the munition level requirements for king tigers will allow tankers to slowly progress into the higher tier units as the cannoneers and airmans do. Furthermore, tankers will be able to chose between making their units from the league city or from their own city.

4. Yes it’s realistic for tanks to consume more transport ship capacity however tankers are forced to have sometimes twice as many transport ships to carry the same amount of units as cannoneers. This does not make sense in terms of troop performance where a heavy tank does not necessarily outperform an m40 unit. This being said in terms of game fairness, players using tanks are often at a disadvantage where they must reduce the amount of units they use to create more transport ships to hold them. They are already at a disadvantage in the sense that skytrains cannot carry armoured units.

5. Finally, I recommend that all land units in a forest receive the same bonus as they are using the terrain to their advantage. Seems unbalanced and unrealistic to give some units this bonus and not others. When looking at optimizing any unit, we should begin to look at where they are at a disadvantage. In my opinion, shooting artillery out of a forest would be much more difficult then shooting a round out of a tank in a forest. 

cheers,

TheMachine

• Like 1

One thing I forgot to mention is my opinion on salvo ability for tanks. Please ignore anyone who mentions this as an option. I’m a tanker and I live with the struggles of my units being all hit simultaneously by area damage units. As much as I’d love for my tanks to have that kind of power, it is completely ridiculous to consider this. I run groupings on my tanks to prevent them from over killing m40 in 20 second refreshes. With this in mind, I could make 5 tigers with a full tac and activate salvo ability and kill any amount of m40 in a 20 second refresh. Please do not consider this. I strongly believe the solution is not to simply do one drastic change but rather to make many little changes such as those I listed previously that don’t risk reversing the balance of the game. I have no problem killing 20 m40 with 20 tigers. Be sure to consider that some tankers know how to spread and play the game mechanics to their advantage so any drastic change could ruin the game completely. One last thing that’s should be taken into account but has nothing to do with tank optimization is the use of elephant tank destroyers. An anti tank gun can be made at level 4 munition (between light tanks and Shermans) I believe elephant tanks should be able to be made at munition level 9 assuming king tiger tanks are brought down to level 11 munition. That will allow airman to create a counter to tanks and properly follow the triangle of this game where tankers counter cannoneers, cannoneers counter airman and airman counter tankers. Airman also have very little progression. Would be nice if they could produce tank destroyers before bombers so that they don’t end up making AT guns until bombers. 

Cheers,

TheMachine

• Like 2

I do take back my thoughts on tank salvo.

what I’m very adamant with is munitions availability timeline.

The M40 and LC bombers are available way too soon.

Even playing solo, I can have LC bombers on day 2 and a dozen m40s within 12 hours of starting.

its waay too soon.

why does everyone think it’s ok to have m40s so soon? They’ve become the ‘go-to’ unit because they are available so soon.

couple that with tactic buffs and they become ridiculous in the early game.

this is why new players get frustrated and leave.

push them back and the lc bombers.

make the king tiger available sooner.

the king tiger is perfectly matched against m40s

no one uses them because they are so far back in the munitions timeline, barely anyone has a lvl 14 city at the end.

no need to ‘optimize’ tanks if you make unit availability timeline better suited to match up with regular munitions.

by the time I can solo a lvl 2 LC, I’m only at a lvl 6/7 city. Artys aren’t available till a lvl 9 city, which make them pretty much obsolete. It’s a real stretch to have a lvl 9 city within the first day of playing, so the m40 should not be available till at the very least a lvl 3 LC (lvl 4 would be better IMO) and bombers need to be pushed back to lvl 4.

the map I’m currently on, I have 30 mitsus with only a lvl 8 city,.. standard bombers aren’t available till lvl 10 munitions which make standard munitions bombers obsolete. Those lc bombers need to be pushed back too.

• Like 1

IMPROVE ALL TANKS AND ADD MULTIPLE ATTACKS

-If YOU THINK OF IMPROVING DEPOSITS, ALL ARE INCLUDED THE LIGHT, MEDIUM AND HEAVY .

THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS EASY:

- ADD MULTIPLE ATTACK BUTTONS TO ALL LIGHT, MEDIUM AND HEAVY TANKS, SAME AS THE M40.

-UPGRADE ALL TANKS OR THERE WILL BE AN IMBALANCE IF ONLY ONE TANK IMPROVES.

-ADD ADD THIS TANK T-32 GALLIOPE

TANK KATYUZKA

100% REAL

1104678653_ww2_Tumblr.thumb.jpeg.8198026f7775527200ac779729079ff1.jpeg

CREATE NEW TROOP  T32 CALLIOPE

Create the Sherman T32 CALLIOPE would be an equivalent to the katyuska, but we would have it with a city of lv.11

- Remember it's a rocket launcher sherman

- If you can give it speed + 150% the same as the artillery has

-Game lord choose stats

- And also create command cards for him.

-This sherman is exclusive to normal cities

BETTER ADDING THIS TROOP WOULD BE MORE USEFUL.

775417406_TheRocketLauncherT34(Calliope)wasatank-mountedmultiplerocketlauncherusedbytheUnitedStatesArmyduringWorldWarII_.jpeg.8b66362ab4ab886c106b32e00b8bfdcf.jpeg

post-78-1182105016.jpg.fd6c9e8ab5402394c7d18309285e005c.jpg

1104678653_ww2_Tumblr.thumb.jpeg.8198026f7775527200ac779729079ff1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Does everyone understand that having M40 and LC bombers so early makes the game broken?

when that happens, not many stick with tanker.

tanks don’t need improvement/optimized,.. just the munitions availability timeline needs to be changed/optimized, so the game isn’t broken with people running around with m40/LC bombers on day 2.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 10:22 PM, SBoots said:

What if there was friendly fire? For example when M40's have to turn their guns on targets immediately next to them, should they not receive splash damage? I'd like to see AOE count against all targets so that blitzing tanks pose more of a threat.

This is the best option imo.  Its also the most realistic.  AOE tanks is nonsense, as there is nothing like that irl.  m40s are the cheapest most cost effective unit in the game, friendly fire is the better option, nerfing the best unit, making them needed to be used more skillfully would help balance the game.

I agree with the concept of having tanks like king tiger available sooner, muni lvl 11 or 12 comes to mind.  Another concept could be tech that has tanks receive an extremely reduced amount of AOE damage(like 75% reduction in splash damage) while still taking the regular direct attack damage.  That way it reduces bomber/cannon domination over tanks while still benefitting players to spread their tanks out.

• Like 1