World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tank Optimization Suggestions

Peter

I don't think that is the first problem in tanks... I believe firstly could be better to fix some tanks speed (StuG III, Elephant destructors, Panzer VIII Maus and those are what I tried) can't believe that speed difference. 

Just now, BeeBuZZing said:

Also some tanks speed desperate me.... I don't use STUGS, SUPER TANK MAUS and a couple more because they don't arrive to target never. Fix that please. 

Agree

• Upvote 1

For tank optimization

I personally think tanks should not have a splash attack damage option and here’s a better way to balance them

T-34 should be available at level 1 league city, however they might be a bit weak still and not used and pershings should be available at level 2 league city. Why? Tigers are currently the most used tank for tankers and they are perfect for countering artillery however not much chance against m40 but adding pershings would just be a tiger with more health. Would tigers be useless then? No because tigers would be easier to expand to level 5 and I’am sure pershings would be more expensive.

But I do still think tigers need a buff and I see that m40 start at 7.8k hp and go up too 15.1k while tigers start at 8.5k and go too 15k so I’d add 15+ levels for tigers so they would not only gain more health but more defence which would balance them well with pershings.

Even if all these changes are added I still think tanks would not be the best in late game fights so I would have king tigers available at level 12 munitions and MAYBE (arguable) have maus at level 4 league city.

And this doesn’t buff tanks but would go really well with those updates but having elephant tanks at city munitions level 8-9. Tank destroyers are an airman troop and no one uses them because airman have bombers already and bombers way before they can get tanks destroy and bombers and m40 counter tanks best, not elephant tanks, elephant tanks are just completely useless. And anti tanks are the mini version of elephant tanks and they are still very bad against light tanks so having elephant tanks at level 8-9 city munitions would be better for airman to fight earlier and to possibly weaken tank swarms early on. They’d be good if you have them constantly shooting tanks and all these suggestions would change the meta and make 3 of the least used troops (king tigers, maus and elephant tanks) used a lot more not to the point of overpowered.

Thank you if you read all this, please let me know about this suggestion and if you support this then show you support this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, vittorio said:

доброе утро. не совсем верно, что танки слабее других частей. некоторые игроки считают их низшими, потому что у них нет «урона по площади», они не могут атаковать самолеты и корабли, но изменение этих характеристик делает артиллерию и самолеты бесполезными. игроки будут производить только танки. Танки незаменимы на ранних этапах игры, они производятся первыми, и с правильными генералами и правильными технологиями подходят для первого дня игры. если вы доработаете танки, вы рискуете существенно изменить игру. Это правда, что после первого дня игры они становятся практически бесполезными, но это также прерогатива самой игры, что заставляет вас изучать новые технологии и производить другое оружие. на мой взгляд, на каждом этапе войны нужны разные войска. вагоны используются в первый день, и это нормально.

teach me how to make mouse on the first day of the game

• Like 1

And adding on to my last post

DO NOT make tanks have a splash damage option, I use tanks myself and I think it would make tanks overpowered and there should be a troop that well used that has single fire. The single fire of tanks is also cool how it makes heals useless but if tanks have splash damage then I’am confident they’d win almost all the time against m40. Following my previous suggestion would make them balanced in my opinion and this game would be so much more fun for tankers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Salvo is a bad idea.  tanks require a lot of control.  players are used to throwing m40 and aa in one pile and waiting for dozens of healings.  tanks are another story.  reduce damage against tanks at m40 and flaks, add speed, vision.  all have a bonus in the forest, but not tanks.  give a bonus in the form of protection to tanks in the forest.  make wide roads, tanks often go off-road on roads.  transferring tigers from level 10 to level 8 was the best idea in this game.  but you forgot about the king tiger.  you added the voting game, the field began to close much earlier and the level 14 factory is a rarity.  General Guderian is the weakest officer for $ 50 it affects all tanks, but if I manage to get only tigers, and a light tank and a sherman are not relevant, $ 50 is very expensive for + 10% tigers.  while the aviator plays the whole game on fighters, bombers and reconnaissance aircraft, the canon on arty, m40 and aa.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Many players are not able to optimise tanks well because they are used to dropping the tanks in a clump, what i suggest that instead of increasing the strength of the tanks, in the group icon developers can add an additional feature which is to auto spread out the tanks. This is a strategy game, player should learn to control their unit, everytime when players drop their tanks from their gig tend they to drop all in a clump which is easy for m40 to kill. Extra features to spread out their tanks will ensure they will reduce the damage by m40 or howeitzer aoe. 

And also reducing king tiger heavy tiger munition will also help. But definitely I personally not into salvo for tanks. This game will not have a balance if it happens. 

• Upvote 1

3 ore fa, DTLegend ha detto:

Imo, questa è migliore e di gran lunga la più realistica. Nerfa efficacemente gli M40 e altre artiglierie e richiede loro di essere più abili. I bombardieri non possono bombardare semplicemente le unità di combattimento ravvicinato senza colpire la propria squadra, il che richiede un approccio esperto al bombardamento nelle battaglie a squadre. I carri armati AOE sono ridicoli, non c'è niente di realistico in questo. I carri armati dovrebbero essere le prime unità che caricano in battaglia e sono più equipaggiati per gestire il fuoco nemico, non diventare artiglieria corazzata.

Mettere il fuoco amico non mi sembra una grande idea, c'è da ricordare che nelle grandi battaglie la maggior parte dei giocatori non riesce a controllare le proprie truppe a causa del lag del server, questo potrebbe svantaggiare molto anche la tua squadra visto che la la maggior parte dei MSC ha un grande lag nelle battaglie

4 ore fa, TheRealGrim ha detto:

Per prima cosa vorrei dire che ho giocato a questo gioco da quando è uscito. All'inizio del gioco l'artiglieria ei b-25 governavano il campo. Poi sono uscite tutte le nuove truppe e poi la contraerea e gli anni '40 hanno governato tutto. I carri armati sono sempre stati una truppa di 2 ° grado. All'inizio del gioco i carri armati sono le migliori truppe ma dopo 1 giorno sono praticamente obsoleti a meno che tu non abbia un cannoniere o un aviatore che attacca con te per danni da schizzi. La cosa principale è quanto danno da schizzi 40 e antiproiettile fanno ai carri armati. Abbiamo bisogno di un carro armato che abbia una difesa maggiore o un danno al veicolo maggiore.Anche se questo potrebbe aiutare, non risolverebbe il problema.Ciò di cui abbiamo veramente bisogno è una truppa di danni da schizzi per gli acquirenti. Ogni albero tecnologico ha una truppa davvero buona in grado di demolire i carri armati. Eppure le petroliere non hanno truppe in grado di contrastare i danni da schizzi di bombardieri artistici o aa. Tranne i commando che, ad essere onesti, sono uno scherzo. L'unico vero modo per risolvere questo problema è dare alle petroliere una sorta di danno da schizzi. Ciò potrebbe essere ottenuto aggiungendo un nuovo carro armato che infligge una piccola quantità di danni da schizzi con i proiettili HE, o dandoci una tecnologia bf che lo aggiunge alle tigri.Dico tigri perché sono l'unico carro armato realistico a cui aggiungerlo.Poiché m40 e flak possono essere ottenuti il giorno 1-2, sarebbe ingiusto aggiungerli a maus o king tigers poiché impiegano molto più tempo per ottenerli. Come ho detto, l'unico vero modo per ottimizzare i serbatoi è aggiungere loro una piccola quantità di danni da schizzi. Dico tigri perché sono l'unico carro armato realistico a cui aggiungerlo. Poiché m40 e flak possono essere ottenuti il giorno 1-2, sarebbe ingiusto aggiungerli a maus o king tigers poiché impiegano molto più tempo per ottenerli. Come ho detto, l'unico vero modo per ottimizzare i serbatoi è aggiungere loro una piccola quantità di danni da schizzi. Dico tigri perché sono l'unico carro armato realistico a cui aggiungerlo.Poiché m40 e flak possono essere ottenuti il giorno 1-2, sarebbe ingiusto aggiungerli a maus o king tigers poiché impiegano molto più tempo per ottenerli. Come ho detto, l'unico vero modo per ottimizzare i serbatoi è aggiungere loro una piccola quantità di danni da schizzi.

-Il cupo mietitore

Sì anch'io sono di questa opinione, aggiungere un attacco AOE sarebbe troppo vantaggioso visti i danni che i Tiger fare sugli m40s, anche perchè grazie alla tecnologia di classe ottengono anche molta difesa in più contro le artiglierie

5 hours ago, Peter said:

您好指揮官,

好消息!由於我們收到了很多抱怨,說這些水箱不如其他裝置那麼強大,因此在此我們希望您提出有關優化水箱的建議。現在在評論區寫下您的建議!非常感謝!

彼得

1.坦克應該強化防,將戰場科技中提升防禦科技改變成研發完成就永久提升,讓坦克更耐打

2.戰場研發科技攻擊距離調整成+100%射程

Screenshot_2021-01-04-17-36-52-60_b3dc86967f483c7805502594d71cea3b.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-04-17-37-15-25_b3dc86967f483c7805502594d71cea3b.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jkjk said:

Many players are not able to optimise tanks well because they are used to dropping the tanks in a clump, what i suggest that instead of increasing the strength of the tanks, in the group icon developers can add an additional feature which is to auto spread out the tanks. This is a strategy game, player should learn to control their unit, everytime when players drop their tanks from their gig tend they to drop all in a clump which is easy for m40 to kill. Extra features to spread out their tanks will ensure they will reduce the damage by m40 or howeitzer aoe. 

And also reducing king tiger heavy tiger munition will also help. But definitely I personally not into salvo for tanks. This game will not have a balance if it happens. 

I also suggested sometime ago an auto spread function. This will change the whole story. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And to add on to my post just now, to make tank more effective, instead of increasing their range, i suggest tanks take reduce damage when in blitz mode from bombers and arty, maybe 50 percent and once its stop from blitz, the reduce damage drops to 30 percent for about 1mins. This allows players to move n spread their tanks more strategic without having to worry about taking damage from arty or running away from bombers.

And aside from auto spread from group, developer can make the spread drop from gig. Or even offer 2-3 formation for the player to choose from.

5 hours ago, DefeatTheBeast said:

During WWII, a little over 1200 Tiger tanks were produced by the Germans. While the U.S produced over 50,000 Sherman. With that being said, as good as the Sherman’s and tiger tanks were, nothing was scarier to the allies than coming face to face with a tiger tank. I know there are multiple different tank units in the game but remember, Tiger tanks would rip through Sherman’s and T-34s like paper. There are plenty of stories of a single tiger tank destroying 50s Sherman’s and T-34s alone. My suggestion would be to make the tiger tanks at least, as powerful as m40s. Tanks were some of the main fighting force during the Second World War. 

I don't see anywhere this game is about the WWII... Only the troops identification. If the game is called something about the WWII then you got reason. 

3 hours ago, BeeBuZZing said:

Also some tanks speed desperate me.... I don't use STUGS, SUPER TANK MAUS and a couple more because they don't arrive to target never. Fix that please. 

BTW, I've search and for example.... In real life tanks speed:

Sherman: 35-48 Km/h

Tiger: 40 Km/h

StuG: 40 Km/h    🤔

• Like 1

I started the game and did a lot of class tech research into tanks, thinking that I would like that style of play.  Tanks are fine for killing rebels, but when going against other players, splash damage is hard to beat.  I think the easiest/most realistic change to help balance PVP would be an increase in Defense/HP for tanks.  Being able to take in some damage from the M40's to get into range and shoot at them before being destroyed.

Another suggestion would be upping the speed of tanks over 'grassland', even making it the same as over roads.  This would allow people to move them around in battle and keep them from clumping up.  

Another thing to look at that doesn't really relate to tanks vs m40 fighting, but does effect game balance is tanks take way more damage from city and LC turrets than vehicles or planes.  This effectively negates the higher defense of the tanks.  I'd suggest the damage given to vehicles and planes be increased to match the tanks, and then the higher DEF of the tanks would make them take in less damage over time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bootsie said:

I started the game and did a lot of class tech research into tanks, thinking that I would like that style of play.  Tanks are fine for killing rebels, but when going against other players, splash damage is hard to beat.  I think the easiest/most realistic change to help balance PVP would be an increase in Defense/HP for tanks.  Being able to take in some damage from the M40's to get into range and shoot at them before being destroyed.

Another suggestion would be upping the speed of tanks over 'grassland', even making it the same as over roads.  This would allow people to move them around in battle and keep them from clumping up.  

Another thing to look at that doesn't really relate to tanks vs m40 fighting, but does effect game balance is tanks take way more damage from city and LC turrets than vehicles or planes.  This effectively negates the higher defense of the tanks.  I'd suggest the damage given to vehicles and planes be increased to match the tanks, and then the higher DEF of the tanks would make them take in less damage over time.

I like your suggestion to make tanks faster on grassland seeing as tanks are an all terrain vehicle and were meant to be able to charge across plains into enemy installations raise the defense speed and hp

• Like 1

Aoe shouldn't appear in any tanker unites or why should we improve our m40? one cost me 7500k coin while another just 1500-3500k.

HP and defensence improve both okay, but personal opinion, the king_tiger is the point, should make sure it can build when factory is 9-10, this is enough

~from a 4 years old player of the game

• Like 1

After reading some of the other comments that also made a lot of sense,...

what about this?:

Move m40 to lvl 4 LC - these are quite the trump unit.

T34 to lvl 2 LC

Pershing to lvl 3 LC

maus to lvl 4 LC (keep them slow)

LC bombers to lvl 4

jets to lvl 5

move king tiger down to lvl 11/12 munitions

add a bf tech for each tank (except light/med tanks) for “high explosive shells” that increases damage by 150% for 5 mins with 30min cool down.

slightly increase the firing range for each tank - the speed of them will be fine.

no AOE required.

we should see more tank battles with this and less reliance on m40, especially in the early/mid game.

end game will result in a very good mix of armies and group strategies will be more prevailing.

you won’t be doing much to alter ‘tanks’ other than slightly increasing range and adding the bf tech.

Just moving their availability in the game timeline. This should balance quite nicely.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Realvapejay said:

After reading some of the other comments that also made a lot of sense,...

what about this?:

Move m40 to lvl 4 LC - these are quite the trump unit.

T34 to lvl 2 LC

Pershing to lvl 3 LC

maus to lvl 4 LC (keep them slow)

LC bombers to lvl 4

jets to lvl 5

move king tiger down to lvl 11/12 munitions

add a bf tech for each tank (except light/med tanks) for “high explosive shells” that increases damage by 150% for 5 mins with 30min cool down.

slightly increase the firing range for each tank - the speed of them will be fine.

no AOE required.

we should see more tank battles with this and less reliance on m40, especially in the early/mid game.

end game will result in a very good mix of armies and group strategies will be more prevailing.

you won’t be doing much to alter ‘tanks’ other than slightly increasing range and adding the bf tech.

Just moving their availability in the game timeline. This should balance quite nicely.

I’ve seen king tigers go toe to toe with m40s so relatively they should be available for production at the same time.

And to make a comment, very rarely do I have a city above lvl 12 at the end of a map. I suspect the same with most other players as well.

I think we all agree that tank class needs improvement, which is why this thread is created in the first place. Yes, with the current game, tank unit such as tiger slowly become a supporting troop after day 1 of a map.

However, I am not sure the solution is to “let us just give AoE dmg ability” to tanks. Well, it is a solution but it a cheap way out and will destroy the balance of this game. We don’t want a game where everyone can simply “drop my units, click auto attack, and hope for the best”. We need to offer different gaming experience for people who would prefer to take up to the challenge and figure out ways to counter enemy moves. 

To improve the playability of tank class, without drastically impacting the existing game balance, we can consider 3 things

1:) improve the defense value of tank class against artillery class. The main purpose of a tank is to be able to get up close and personal with enemy units. We should consider doubling or even tripling the current “artillery defense value” of tiger from 2000 to maybe 6000. This change will not impact AT or bomber’s damage against tank, because that defense bonus is only against artillery 

2:) Tank should be able to move a lot faster than artillery in any battlefield. So, we should increase the speed of tank. Maybe a simple way to fix this is to reduce the timer on force march to be a 5 second thing, so they can become mobile instantly, or just triple the base speed of tiger. Need some experiment on this to figure out an acceptable speed value.

3:) before flak was introduced, tigers could actually hold up reasonably well against artillery. But with the introduction of flak, especially, its ability to salvo AoE tigers, AND to ignore the extra defense value of tigers (flak is not considered as an artillery piece), what we have in game now is that 40 well placed flak 36 can easily kill 100 incoming tigers. This need to be fixed, so that flak can only do salvo against air units (which makes sense because bomber can also do AoE damage), but it should not be able to do salvo AoE against tanks.

with these 3 changes, tank class will be able to play a much bigger role after day 1 of the map

• Like 3