World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

[League Battle Feedback]

Peter

[League Battle Feedback]  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Peter featured this topic

The new format fixed issues with the first version, that's good.

Solo fielded 2 experienced players and 3 people that we were training to one extent or another. We all played well, but weren't a match for Godz that seemed to field an entire group of experienced players. Congratulations to them on their win. 

The one big issue I had, and posted to in a different post was with trucing. Midway thru the battle we had set up on a city and were attacking it when the player was able to truce while under fire. It seems the game play logic here needs work. If he hadn't truced we would have taken the city and swung the momentum to our advantage. As it turned out this was a crucial turning point in the battle from our point of view. 

Still the Godz managed to focus on collecting points. Most of the point collection has nothing to do with heads up battle between the factions and only battle against NPC. I'm not sure this is a good thing. I would like to see more emphasis on player battles and not NPC. 

I also found myself constantly short of cash to build new troops. I have never been short of cash before. In a short format game this put a huge emphasis on not losing current troops, as you would not be able to replace them fast enough to get back into the battle

• Upvote 1

More on trucing 

We had a large group of 3 players armies closing on the city. A small arty scirmish had ended with the city killing a group of our arty, meanwhile a large bomber fleet was closing and was directly over the city almost ready to start dropping. His turrets were firing on the bombers and scouts. Just before the drop he truces, leaving his turrets still firing on the bombers. Only thing at this point is to retreat as he can still inflict damage on our troops but we can't kill the turrets. This really seems like a corruption on the trucing facility. At least at this point his turrets should be force to quit firing as now the are super turrets, they can kill but can't be killed. It was a greatly demoralizing event and really fealt like a dirty tactic. The game allows it but it shouldn't. There really needs to be a re thinking of the whole trucing facility. This should not have happened in this way 

• Upvote 1

More on trucing 

We had a large group of 3 players armies closing on the city. A small arty scirmish had ended with the city killing a group of our arty, meanwhile a large bomber fleet was closing and was directly over the city almost ready to start dropping. His turrets were firing on the bombers and scouts. Just before the drop he truces, leaving his turrets still firing on the bombers. Only thing at this point is to retreat as he can still inflict damage on our troops but we can't kill the turrets. This really seems like a corruption on the trucing facility. At least at this point his turrets should be force to quit firing as now the are super turrets, they can kill but can't be killed. It was a greatly demoralizing event and really fealt like a dirty tactic. The game allows it but it shouldn't. There really needs to be a re thinking of the whole trucing facility. This should not have happened in this way 

Sir, did he request for truce, and you approved it? This is weird to me.

Maybe if it's based on the number of enemy troops inside the cities zone, not just if you are under fire. You can truce with one or two enemies, but anymore than that and it won't allow you to truce

and they must be players troops, not NPC troops

Peter, you are allowed in the game to activate an individual city truce for 8 hours and it cost 1300 diamonds , that's what he did. 

Edited by BladeGuner
Clarification

Maybe if it's based on the number of enemy troops inside the cities zone, not just if you are under fire. You can truce with one or two enemies, but anymore than that and it won't allow you to truce

and they must be players troops, not NPC troops

Peter, you are allowed in the game to activate an individual city truce for 8 hours and it cost 1300 diamonds , that's what he did. 

Sir, alright, so he bought a protection for his city. I thought you mean he requested to ally with your league while being attacked. 

I like where the league battles are going it's a step in the right direction. The survivors I have are simple. 

1. The map needs to be a little bigger with the days extended to at least 5 days. With how the map is now and with the amount of days given it feels rushed like the only strategy you can play in order to win is rapid expansion it's a sound strategy but it shouldn't be the only one you can play to win. And that's how it feels right now.

2. The diplomacy is good for starting out the only issue I see would be that for declaring war it shouldn't be a two way street. If it's war than that means it's the others team decision it shouldn't turn into a debate over battlefield or allied chat. But for allies and neutral it's good for both parties to agree on it.

these are the only things o can think of at this point that I think would help the league battles become more competitive and team/strategy focused. Great game guys keep it up and I'll see you on the battlefield

• Upvote 1

Yes, he protected the city... From my point of view he was under fire and I believe somewhere it says that if you are under fire you can't activate the protection. Even if this isn't true, it shouldn't be allowed. 

Sir, the damage will be counted every one minute. Did he buy the protection the second after you attacked him?

Yes, he protected the city... From my point of view he was under fire and I believe somewhere it says that if you are under fire you can't activate the protection. Even if this isn't true, it shouldn't be allowed. 

Sir, did you win the league battle, what's your rank in the end?

I'm not sure if a minute had passed or not. There were 3 of us attacking. But again, even if a minute had passed, it seems that the scenario as it played out shouldn't have happened. The one minute limit doesn't seem like enough then. 

Yes, I agree. He was very lucky. I tried myself to buy a protection when under attack but nothing happened..

I also do feel that the league battle is going in the right direction and thing they maps also should be bigger and the time fram up to 5 instead of 3. I also think that more ways on earning victory points should be available in league play. One suggestion I have since it is primarily league v league player v player that v points should be awarded for every unit you kill of an opposing league units. In my opinion it complements the whole league battle scheme. 

• Upvote 1

The league battle need some changes,  I recommend adding 2 days to the time line,  for most people it take 2 days or so just to get AA, and 3-4 days for fighters. I also recommend shortening the build times of all things by 25%, or shorten build time based on commander levels, decrease time by 1% for every level above 10.  

• Upvote 2

easily solved if they just remove the use of diamonds in league battle

easily solved if they just remove the use of diamonds in league battle

easily said but since diamond sales is the only thing paying the bills, it isn't going to happen. Game play and the great support we are getting so far isn't free. Nobody likes to think of the business side as players, but if you want the game, somebody has to pay. 

I feel the majority use of diamonds in league battles is fine but with a 3 day limit protection for 8 hours seems like too much, maybe just removing the protection function in league battles. From what I have seen protection is not the main use for diamonds in this game and is only seemingly used for cheap tricks such as immortal turrets. If that is not the case make it so turrets can't attack player units when protected.

My only complaint is that three of the 4 fascist cities never stopped spawning troops we had to kill fascists in two cities every two hours which hindered our ability to attack the wonder. All in all it was fun and we ended in second despite our difficulties.We weren't the only league affected and the league without fascist interference did achieve first

• Upvote 2

Hello Everyone :)

The current league PVP was a lot of fun for the GODz Alliance. We won the first one in only 2 days by scoring the full 1,650 points. We did this by taking all opponents HQ bases, all 4 fascists towns in the middle, and destroying the Wonder multiple times as well. Once we finished the first one early... League PVP was still open... So we entered again and did the same thing again... Scoring full points (over 1,700 the second time) while winning in less than 2 days. 

About BladeGunner's concerns I'd like to start by saying that I think he and his team are great players. I've seen him destroy entire leagues seemingly by himself when we were same faction in global battlefield. He is an impressive player. But when we took their HQ base, I think it was fair and square. We took it from them and then used a shield to focus on other things BEFORE they started attacking it to try and get it back. Shield cannot be used while the city is currently under attack... I tried recently and it wouldn't work. I also think it's fair that turrets kept working even though the city buildings were shielded. Most people don't know... But even when shield is activated, the shielded player's troops can still be destroyed. So if you fight someone's troops on or near their city... Turrets are available to help the player defend his troops just as always. If turrets didn't work then enemy players would just park all of their troops right beside the turrets and on top of the city to wait for the shield to end... Which isn't fair. You should wait outside of the city and then have to approach it the same way anyone ever takes an enemy city that has turrets. 

With th regards to comparing the current PVP to the first one... I'd say this one was much more manageable. Then first one my team was in was CRAZY. All of the fascist troops respawned on top of the base every 30 minutes non stop. AA guns and Artilleries with everything else including tanks and more. That's just insane to have that happen, that frequently. Here in the new PVP the respawns were much less frequent, and much less violent. And this allowed us to make faster and more effective progress on the battlefield. 

With th regards to suggestions to make it better... The biggest problem we saw was air troops disappearing from... Or not being able to be accessed... In airports. At least 5 different times, airports somehow glitched and we couldn't get air troops out. Other times air troops would just disappear (especially when docked in a different league members airport which is something that still happens in global battlefield). Besides disappearing troops, the other problem is that there are no diamond rewards for league PVP. The game gives all players free diamonds for global battlefield everyday. Even if you are rank 100 in a global battlefield you get around 500 diamonds a day... But in league PVP you get nothing daily for being ranked... You don't even get a reward for winning or placing in the top 3 leagues. That makes no sense... Especially since using diamonds in league PVP is more common than needing them for the easier global battlefields.

I'd also like to thank the great players who have joined the GODz league and help to make it the best in the game. We are ranked 1 on main page for 2 weeks straight and we plan on keeping it that way for a very long time. Special thanks to the following members who have made the most outstanding contributions to our success:

JPJ

Semispaz

Gimptu

General Smith

Bulldog84

Lastly, here are a few screenshots from our overwhelming victories in the two league PVPs we won in the last 7 days. Both wins we scored full points to end the competition at least a day early.

image.jpg

image.png

Edited by KingCB
  • Upvote 1

I think the whole debate re: trucing revolves around the initial intent on the designers. If being able to shield a city is so you can sleep and come back in the morning to continue the fight, then I stand by my initial argument. If it's intent is to be able to avoid a massive defeat, then my points are probably not relevant. So first we must find out what is the intent. That can only come from the designers themselves. So, Peter, what is the intent of shielding a city? From the designers point of view. After we know what they intended for this feature then we can continue trying to help them with suggestions on it improvement, if any. 

• Peter unfeatured this topic