World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Poll for future optimization

Peter

Poll for future game changes  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What move speed should Global War be at?

• 1X move speed. I like the old map tempo and it's good for small leagues and new players.
    • 2X move speed. I like to maneuver faster troops and it saves my time.
  2. 2. Will I still play on other maps if they change the Global War back to 1X speed?

• Yes. I can have fun on the other maps.
    • No. I just concentrate on Global War.
  3. 3. Is shield cooldown necessary?

• Yes. We can't fight with players who have unlimited shields.
    • No. Shield is one of my strategies to survive from the battlefield.
  4. 4. Are you worried about the sister league problem?

• Yes. This problem makes me want to quit the game for good.
    • Yes, but I can live with it.
    • No. I like the sister leagues and big alliances.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/2019 at 03:59 PM

• Peter featured this topic

To solve the problem with alt leagues, enter the account binding in the game to the mobile phone number. At the root of this problem, you do not solve it otherwise, but this will significantly reduce the number of alt accounts in the game. Shields add recharge depending on their duration and limit their use at one time. For example, you can turn on a one-time shield either for 2, 4 or 8 hours and after it ends, the next use of any shield should be available after a similar period of time, that is, through the same 2, 4 or 8 hours ... although I would rule out the shields from the game.

KinGSkiLL 

IRoNLeGioN

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The community always breaks into two groups on these discussions: A) Fix the game and B) give us more content/features.

I have always been in the “fix the game” group.   I enjoyed this game, having put almost 3 years and a bunch of money into this game,   Playing time kept increasing to 16-20 hours daily during our fields.  I had more analytical spreadsheets every few months (we look at more things than most folks).  Every field had a week of preparation and a week of debriefing.   It was fun!   The wife commented that he talks for a week before and a week after every time he plays.    I was committed!!   For me, the game content was already rich in content and better than most others.   I was willing to make sacrifices to play the game, but wanted the game to play well.  Things like lag (from class tech, battle tech, 2x speed and many alliances), ghosting, infinite shields and other non-core aspects were increasing over time.   However, the developers had another group that always cried “more content”.

Every league plays differently, and so can be partially immune from some of the above problems.   For my situation, the cries for more content have now created a game that is at best border line unplayable.   16-20 hours daily for a full week creates too much real life stress.   When big battles happen now, there is much less strategy, it’s just drop your troops and let the AI fight.   Roll the dice and let’s see how we do!  When folks shield for 5 days straight, it’s legal, but is that why I am playing the game?   There are many more aspects that were taking a great game into the ditch for me.

And now we have responded once again to the “content” folks and need for developer income by adding new tactics.   With a mix of anger and sorrow, I must say that the scales have tipped too much.  The game is broken for me and I must move on, possibly on a permanent basis.

At the end of the day, this game is still a business for the developers.   They must decide on content that draws enough niche players, creates enough revenue and is technically feasible.   Players can complain, but there reaches a time when you have to vote with your feet.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

You guys need to make a standalone version of this game that plays at the speed of a command and conqer game including building dmgs and things like that it would be a game id pay for, this game is great but it favours ppl who can be on for huge chunks of time, it really sucks putting in some hours on the weekend only to find myself dead after work when i can finally check it monday after work, lets speed up game and dmgs to make it play like a command and conquer or make a completely differnt modern version and do that it would be awesome for us players who are older and have commitments, i mean i can check my phone sometimes but i drive b-doubles so its not something i can do while driving. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pooperstar said:

You guys need to make a standalone version of this game that plays at the speed of a command and conqer game including building dmgs and things like that it would be a game id pay for, this game is great but it favours ppl who can be on for huge chunks of time, it really sucks putting in some hours on the weekend only to find myself dead after work when i can finally check it monday after work, lets speed up game and dmgs to make it play like a command and conquer or make a completely differnt modern version and do that it would be awesome for us players who are older and have commitments, i mean i can check my phone sometimes but i drive b-doubles so its not something i can do while driving. 

Check out the PC version on steam.

• Like 1

I do not see problems in speed and sisters leagues. you have already changed healing, enough with experiments))) but what is really the problem is the lack of playing messages outside the game and receiving them without sound. This is where alt comes to the rescue. You also cheated the tanks and did not give them any spasms in the forest, although according to your idea they should kill the vehicles that have a bonus there)))

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here is the issue with 2x speed that people don't realize and you all don't want to admit... The combat mechanic is broken. We are left with three options for the global speed... You're forced to put it back to 1x speed and slowly work on combat for 2x speed, fix how combat updates at 2x speed immediately, or leave it as is.

I prefer 1x speed so combat resolves normally. I like 2x speed when I can be active but not when I can fly through 9 turrets and only lose half the health on my planes... Anyone who thinks that is OK is obviously an idiot and needs to have his/her opinion removed from the forums.

7 minutes ago, Codymo7 said:

Here is the issue with 2x speed that people don't realize and you all don't want to admit... The combat mechanic is broken. We are left with three options for the global speed... You're forced to put it back to 1x speed and slowly work on combat for 2x speed, fix how combat updates at 2x speed immediately, or leave it as is.

I prefer 1x speed so combat resolves normally. I like 2x speed when I can be active but not when I can fly through 9 turrets and only lose half the health on my planes... Anyone who thinks that is OK is obviously an idiot and needs to have his/her opinion removed from the forums.

I meant to type 3 but was in a hurry typing and it won't let me edit the post.

• Like 1

This poll is biased and created to cater towards a few people that are loud in the community about these specific issues. The questions and answers that are presented are made to push people to a certain answer or type of play. It is disgusting that this forum can be used to push a select group’s views on how this game should be. This is war propaganda at it’s best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

limit the number of allies, I have seen leagues with 80 allies.is too easy to earn gold and experience with many allies and build and stop.I have downloaded this game to play a war game not to build.eliminate alt account, limit allies , limit members league to 10 or 5, limit the number of shields to use, help new players ... it is logical that a new player can not fight against experienced players and the new player is forced to abandon the game ... after 3 years the game still has only 12,000 players!

• Like 1

I think we have all screamed from the rooftops that the most important fix that needs to be made is the lagging situations.  When the platform will just have troops, cities or zones disappear that you have to zoom out and then back in to see them as a work around.  Why we are doing workarounds to find our troops is ludicrous. Game play suffers and heaven forbid you have a large scale battle as the server will begin to crawl and you will not get any notifications that a troop is being attacked and then poof it is gone.

Having sister leagues or alt accounts is a challenge, but the game not running or working the way it should is the number 1 issue I have with this game.  Please fix it, again this has been said for more than a year and not once have we seen an increase in performance or platform stability.  Why have a game you add additional features too or ask if we want A, B or C as an add when the base game play is broken?

Fix the game play first.  If that means we have to slow down and crawl, then so be it, but this is your own creation as you let us enjoy the blitz map showing we could move at a faster speed and of course we now want that everywhere.  Solid stable game play is the most important in my opinion..Fix that!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog3 said:

I think we have all screamed from the rooftops that the most important fix that needs to be made is the lagging situations.  When the platform will just have troops, cities or zones disappear that you have to zoom out and then back in to see them as a work around.  Why we are doing workarounds to find our troops is ludicrous. Game play suffers and heaven forbid you have a large scale battle as the server will begin to crawl and you will not get any notifications that a troop is being attacked and then poof it is gone.

Having sister leagues or alt accounts is a challenge, but the game not running or working the way it should is the number 1 issue I have with this game.  Please fix it, again this has been said for more than a year and not once have we seen an increase in performance or platform stability.  Why have a game you add additional features too or ask if we want A, B or C as an add when the base game play is broken?

Fix the game play first.  If that means we have to slow down and crawl, then so be it, but this is your own creation as you let us enjoy the blitz map showing we could move at a faster speed and of course we now want that everywhere.  Solid stable game play is the most important in my opinion..Fix that!!!!!

Most of these issues are caused by a lack of ram and processing power, not servers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don’t think ram is the issue. The number of troops attacking in the area is the problem, when you are allied moving round with your allies no problems. It’s when the calculations need to be made for all of the damage and range calculations.  Less allies, less troops because everyone is not moving to an area for some massive attack.

i play on new good laptop with an emulator and still have issues!

Edited by Sykes
  • Like 1

Some ideas that I think would be fun for beginners and veterans...

1) Sniper Towers have AA capabilities and you access through city tech

2) Priority target control  for turrets.

3) AOE of AA and Turrets 

4) select ALL units function with 4x speed to spread out 

I believe these could be cool options to consider because it might promote more battles on the field and make a city harder to take.  The game is stale with scout swarms, m40’s, and strats dominating the field.  

I would be happy to elaborate more if any of these ideas sound interesting.  

Thanks for you time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodmancer said:

Most of these issues are caused by a lack of ram and processing power, not servers.

Good to see you were focused on the birch tree and not the forest of the conversation,  

But please vote above on the not issues / problems that will not have a positive impact on the play of game issues we all are impacted by.  SMH

• Like 1

why is global map in my top 3 favourite maps? because:

1. it is large (260/20) map = in theory much more targets / larger groups combats

2. hq & rebel tiger tanks ❤️

3. SPEED = map is more "strategical", oriented, you dont just rush / run around to fight, you must plan moves / actions. simply speaking - lower speed makes you PLAN / PREPARE / THINK more before any action.

(units speed influence not just army, but other aspects of the game as well, for example - turrets can make much less damage to attacker simply because he can move away faster.)

why i dont play global map any longer? because:

1. ending gold rewards are shamefully low. i understand that you wanted to popularize other ("newer") maps with that move, and i completely understand that you want players to actually buy gold, but i have to emphasize that it is a huge "downer". roughly speaking, liberty map has around 5 times bigger rewards (maybe ratio is even bigger). eventhough it is one of my 3 most favourite maps, it became ridicilous to play. 

• Like 1

AA is still a massive problem. Players build up a larger force of bombers, sometimes very early in the first 12 hours and then fly around dominating the field because the rest can’t buy our way to a level 11 city. The 20mm AAs are a joke, and would require almost a 4 to 1 ratio to defeat bombers and the ratio only gets worse as the number of bombers increases. The 88’s at first looked like the developers were on the right track but they too suck donkey poop against anything besides scouts. I think I as well as many others are sick of the current league city format that we’ve all been dealing with for years. Players who donate, have the weapons they build taken by others and then they complain or just drop the league entirely only to find that every league has the same issues. The CNIC in the field should be able to appoint staff officers who can distribute the league weapons for the league. Going on to the sister league problem... for the most part, there never really was one. 1 league, for a short period, had 4 alt leagues and the core of it was 4 players controlling 3-4 Alt accounts all t the same time. It was a bit excessive but it fell apart quick after those players eventually burned themselves out. Large leagues having sister leagues is fine, because we can only have 40 players max and launch into a field with max 20 players. Sometimes almost 40 players in the same league all want in the same map. Change league capacity to 100, and allow 50 to launch into a global blitz map and see how it play out. I don’t care at all about shields, they have been a part of the game since the beginning, and the cooldown was some sad attempt by the developers to adjust the game to suit the crybaby’s who whine about shielding. Goes the same with the “ Heal fix” just another mod that the developers put in the game to appease the cry babies of world warfare. It is ludicrous that the developers change the game always to suit a small group of players who practically live on the game and bitch about losing. League leaders and secondary leagues of leagues should get some kind of benefit for the roles they play in the leagues success. It’s otherwise an overwhelming burden that stresses them out. There is tons more, the game has basically gone for a shit and many older players have been putting it down because of the inequity of the those who have money and those who do not...

• Like 1