World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sneak Peek on Battle of the Bay

Peter

Commanders,

Back to months ago, we received so many suggestions that you guys wanted to have a small map with small teams, I'm happy to announce that this map is around the corner! We'll implement an update very soon to bring it online. Now let's take a preview on this map.

Overall, this map, named "Battle of the Bay", where 12 commanders with 2 teams will compete and coordinate with their Army, Air Force, and Navy, is a 6V6 map with 1X move speed. Here are more details:

1. New Matchmaking. The portal of this map opens at 24:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., ends at 3:00 and 15:00 p.m., on every Wednesday and Sunday UTC. With this mechanic, you guys have 2 chances to find a match. Please also notice that no team forming in 10 minutes before the map starts. Besides, the matchmaking is fairer than before, the system will match you the opponents based on the performance rating grade. Here are some pics for the matchmaking. See pics below:

4.thumb.jpg.0cd5318588d16918803a169a0f694a28.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.5d3845e2095a319a34489436dbba0500.jpg

2.Team Distribution. The two teams will be distributed on both ends of the crescent-shaped island. Commanders on this map spawn on high-level cities, they'll be able to train high-level units from the start of the game to earn quick advantages. See pic below:

1.jpg.d7dcff879c8db63f72cb75e5bc09b740.jpg

3.Map Strategies. Every one of you can expand to the center of the crescent-shaped island to get more resources and cities; there is a fortress on the sea surrounded by abundant resources, capture it, you'll gain a big advantage. See pic below:

2.thumb.jpg.540d0b2b7e52373d5da89432d3d23868.jpg

• Peter featured this topic
4 hours ago, CarolusRexx said:

What level are the starting cities at. Because for us tankers we’d appreciate being able to have the highest available armor possible. Also, I’m assuming there will be navy on this map correct? That’s all.

The city level is 15. You can have the highest armaments. Yeah, we have navies on the map.

• Peter pinned this topic

The map should have more speed and a part whose which would not be vulnerable to the power of the ships so that the player who does not use naval forces can develop. the computer should also make attacks with its units, not just players. the towers should shoot where the player orders. cities should come as in traditional evolutionary maps the player who should be committed to building their cities.

17 hours ago, Kirbylikerdude said:

Needs to be at a faster pace, I like the old feel of the original pace but it’s nearly impossible to take the whole map in 24 hours. Especially with enemy resistance and the lack of given population.

Cool idea! Let me bring it to our developers' attention.

8 hours ago, Peter said:

Cool idea! Let me bring it to our developers' attention.

Disagree that its a good idea. 

By speeding up maps like this, you are hurting players who have invested in generals to provide speed.  If they want their stuff to go faster let them buy the generals like the rest of us.  speeding up the map AND generals makes it too fast.

Sadly once again I must point out that you cannot arbitrarily increase only the speed of units leaving everything else the same as it adversely affects game balance. 

We have already seen and pointed out how broken the game is ever since you increased the speed to x2 on all maps.

Please stop dumbing down what used to be a wonderful simulation.

Feels like we are creating a whole new kind of game with these speed changes and already established cities.    That will strip out many dimensions of our current game, as things like logistics become relatively unimportant.  That may be fun for some, but it is not what established WW as the game to play.   All it does it make it much like all the other games on the market.

WW was fun because it had some many dimensions to manage and coordinate for the player and the league.   Dumb the game down to "here is an army go fight" and I am not sure its anywhere near the rich environment that was originally conceived. 

Please give us the feeling of a commitment to the original game richness and integrity.  Otherwise, i will need to begin questioning my spending additional money on WW when I cannot tell if I will be interested in playing the dumbed down version.  I have to believe that I have spent more than my fair share on your game.  Please don't make me feel like I have wasted that money.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
30. 10. 2018 v 19:04 řekl MkV:

Nesouhlasím, že je to dobrý nápad. 

Tím, že urychlíte takové mapy, hrozí hráčům, kteří investovali do generálů, aby poskytli rychlost. Pokud chtějí, aby jejich věci šly rychleji, nechte je koupit generálům jako moji ostatní. urychlení mapy a generálů dělá příliš 

Yes it is true. I put the money and I would not like to see it unnecessarily

• Peter unfeatured this topic
  • 4 months later...

If you can't take the whole map in 24, and the speed is the same, maybe increase the length of map to 36 or 48 hours max.  This map is a great distraction from the other maps that can be very time consuming and intense(which I like most of the time).  When they increased the speed last time the servers crashed and froze way too often.  Play blitz or other faster map if this doesn't work for you.  

Developers: Maybe update or add to the server capacity to prevent lagging and hesitation in other maps may be a solution? (I am not a computer person) :)

• Peter unpinned this topic