World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Money

CaptDeano

5 hours ago, CaptDeano said:

Money and greed of the developers has  ruined this game 

While I agree that the developers have ruined this wonderful simulation I dont think its due to greed.

I believe its a combination of first lack of understanding of their own product (as the original dev team has clearly moved on) coupled with the fact that the devs heed too much the opinion of a small but very vocal minority of people who have no concept of what this simulation is about and keep asking the devs to dumb it down as its too hard for them to figure out.

Example of changes made to satisfy a few cluless cry babies:

1. Removing the shield cooldown so you can stack as many consecutive shields as you please.

2. Making troops cost no suppy upkeep when they are inside army/airforce base

3. Making all maps x2 speed maps

These are just a few off the top of my head but there are many such bad decisions. Note all these changes have one thing in common they are all silent changes that the devs dont have the spine to publicly announce and debate with the community on an open forum before implementing them.

I am very concerned about the 2x speed maps.   Its certainly something that is alluring on the surface (personally, I have always bitched about the time to fly across the maps), but clearly has many other ramifications that are going to hurt the game.  

For example, we have already heard that it has created maps that demand more intensive time commitments to protect your stuff.   When playing a map, I am already committed to playing 16+ hours a day, but for those folks that work or go to school, this is a killer.  Long term, it will become clear that only a small group of dedicated fanatics (including myself) can put up with these time commitments.   So the general population will decrease.  Maps will fill even more slowly.  Game revenues will decrease. Developers will respond with additional feature fixes and on we go!

For those that are vocal supporters of the increased speed, please consider whether it is worth the price of losing the entire game.  I would rather continue playing a good 1x game, then a 2x game that will fall apart eventually.

• Upvote 1