World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Filling field delays

Sykes

The Blitz map (ID: 1100438) is 13 hours old and Zone 1 is still not filled. The Global map (ID: 1100439) is 12 hours old and Zone 4 is still filling.

Not sure why the developers are still opening up more then one map at a time, they can't fill these maps in a reasonable time. maybe start maps on only certain days, like Monday, Wednesday and Saturdays! something needs to change to fill the maps quicker.

I would like to figure out how many maps are currently active, Please post your Battlefield ID!

Unfortunately the developers havent a clue what they are doing thats easy enough to establish just look at all the recent changes that have completly unbalanced the game.

Naturally people tend to shy away from such broken simulations so its bound to get worst before it gets better... Hang tough and hope the devs see reason and reverse the broken speed changes

Edited by Immel

I would be very supportive of an approach where a single map (global, isles, etc) is available for a week at a time, but then rotates to the next map type.  Maps would fill quicker and once the pattern is established, everyone would know when they can play the maps they really enjoy. 

As it stands now, when multiple maps are available, they fill very slowly (giving early entries a big advantage).  Also, we do not see some maps for long periods of time (e.g. Isles has only shown up a few times this year).

• 1 month later...

Agree, I just entered a globe BF that is 30hrs OLD!!!!!  That is not acceptable.  How is a small league or solo player to even compete for more than the 8hr shield period when this happens?  There are not enough new players coming into game to fill maps on a regular basis at a consistent time frame.  Especially when there are sometime 4 different maps going at once.  I am among the players that have paid for generals to enhance the game play and enjoy the game overall, but come on!  This happens way too often... here is a challenge to game mods and devs.. post a reply here that you have read this and at least say you are aware of the issue.  Is this being discussed?

• Like 1

Unclear, they may read this thread and just disagree.    As players, we view the game from an enjoyment viewpoint.   As developers, they view the game from a revenue and programming cost viewpoint.  Unless they are very customer focused and long term in their thinking,  revenues/costs will always rule the day.

Personally, I would think that they can see the problem with long fill times and could easily just not have so many maps open with little cost to them.   Either they are poor businessmen or I am not appreciating the revenues/costs that they see.

Along those same lines, I do not see how speeding up the game with twice speeds and shorter durations helps their R/C situation.   It certainly makes me reconsider gem investment for a field, when it is unclear who will be in it (because of long fill times), or because the investment does not last very long.

• Upvote 1