World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Map Rotation

Sykes

Its clear there is a problem when JoyCrafter opens several  maps at the same time, the maps take to long to fill up! I have entered maps that take 36 hours to fill. Its a war game i want people to play against, Players enter the map then quit because the map is 24 hours old and they are just entering, so why waste your time  and money on that map.  Please only open 1 map at a time run it for a week, then move to the next map! the maps will fill quicker and i think would be a better player experience.

• Like 1

The problem is that the battlefields do not fill up normally, because there are no players. Players leave this game, and the actions of developers exacerbate the situation. price increases in the regions where there is no dollar and reduce the players in the team. show that profits are falling and the players do not have, and they go off their game. I talked about this, I warned, but the path is almost not reversible

Inhale, I have read a series of your posts across many threads.  The tone is always the same.   I, Inhalle, know best, the game stinks, all is lost and we are all doomed.   While this game does need some improvements, your approach is over the top.   If you are that unhappy, please move on to another game and give us a break!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Iggy112 said:

Inhale, I have read a series of your posts across many threads.  The tone is always the same.   I, Inhalle, know best, the game stinks, all is lost and we are all doomed.   While this game does need some improvements, your approach is over the top.   If you are that unhappy, please move on to another game and give us a break!

I answered the topic. what is the problem? if you do not like me personally, this is your problem. The problem is that you are blind. You do not see the real thing. do you really think that you will improve the game? Players return? New players will come? Yes, they are after the last changes, generally will not be remembered about the game. You are trying to change what worked always, do not offer anything new! Where are your ideas? there is none of them. I offered and will offer new ideas. I will not change what has always worked. in particular the speed, the number of players in the team, the voting and the time spent on the field. This is nonsense. This attempt at least to do something, but do not actually do anything. Your messages are even more uninformative than yourself. Oh yeah I forgot you do nothing else like commenting on me. Your primary account is so bad that you are ashamed to play it.

I agree with original post.. This issue has been around for a long while. Where players or teams enter a map just to quit straight out because it’s well over 24hours old. I’ve even joined a 48hour old map before and still played it out till the end.

Why don’t they bring in a new system when a map will only open until it has a minimum population to start. Then gives you an hour warning before it’s about to start. Would make maps more interesting going in blind with equal advantages to all players. I doubt this would ever happen as they can’t get the current system to work in any maps. You could even get maps to start like the tournament format on a regular basis throughout the day. Or the simple option have 1 map running at a time as mentioned above.

Not sure why they keep changing the parramiters like team size 10-20 players and vote to close all maps (smaller teams would lead to less maps being played and teams splitting there players in to more leagues) The reason we play global a lot is we can build at a reasonable rate and it’s slower paced to deal with eaterday life. So what happens now all maps are getting faster and faster taking away the tactical part of the game??

Have 1 fast and 1 slow paced map open at all times would seem logical.

I’m not sure what the developers are trying to achieve at the moment with so many changes being changed in and out at will. Seems like they make a change, a few people complain and it’s changed again.

• Like 1

All excellent questions Evil. The problem with your idea of having two maps open one normal speed and one fast is that it has been tried. All the way from mid January where the last isles map closed it has been Global normal + 1 speed map open up until they made the change to all speed maps. It did not work, the Global maps took on average more that 24h to fill.

As to why the devs keep changing the parameters around its because they have no clue what in the hell they are doing. The devs have no understanding of their own product. They are going from bad decision to worst decision trying to pander to the masses that have no clue what this game is about either.

So here we are now with a completely unbalanced product that simply does not work.

2 hours ago, Immel said:

All excellent questions Evil. The problem with your idea of having two maps open one normal speed and one fast is that it has been tried. All the way from mid January where the last isles map closed it has been Global normal + 1 speed map open up until they made the change to all speed maps. It did not work, the Global maps took on average more that 24h to fill.

As to why the devs keep changing the parameters around its because they have no clue what in the hell they are doing. The devs have no understanding of their own product. They are going from bad decision to worst decision trying to pander to the masses that have no clue what this game is about either.

So here we are now with a completely unbalanced product that simply does not work.

Pretty sure it's different devs, or they aren't really in control. Or both.

4 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

Pretty sure it's different devs, or they aren't really in control. Or both.

Errmmmm both.

My only reasoning for having 2 maps at different speeds being open is at least I have a choice which I want to join. I really like the high speed maps but you need to be able to react very quickly as I know I can take a city every 15mins if I really need to on my own and with team mates on as well leagues can vanish very quickly if not active. So I like to play global when I know I don’t have the time to be as active.

But I agree that all the changes they have put in recently seem to go from bad to worse. I believe players are asking for changes that are poorly executed in game. And changing team size from 20-10 in map obviously shows that less players are playing or there’s not as many bigger leagues who can join a map.

Our league is Ranked around 50 and we have had 20 in map for quite a while now and a different team every week we play. So I’m sure there’s big teams out there?

Back to the topic at hand, I played isles once when it came back and think it is by far the best map in game. I also like global as it was with regular speed and 20 player limit but what do I know..

9 hours ago, TheEvilDead said:

I agree with original post.. This issue has been around for a long while. Where players or teams enter a map just to quit straight out because it’s well over 24hours old. I’ve even joined a 48hour old map before and still played it out till the end.

Why don’t they bring in a new system when a map will only open until it has a minimum population to start. Then gives you an hour warning before it’s about to start. Would make maps more interesting going in blind with equal advantages to all players. I doubt this would ever happen as they can’t get the current system to work in any maps. You could even get maps to start like the tournament format on a regular basis throughout the day. Or the simple option have 1 map running at a time as mentioned above.

Not sure why they keep changing the parramiters like team size 10-20 players and vote to close all maps (smaller teams would lead to less maps being played and teams splitting there players in to more leagues) The reason we play global a lot is we can build at a reasonable rate and it’s slower paced to deal with eaterday life. So what happens now all maps are getting faster and faster taking away the tactical part of the game??

Have 1 fast and 1 slow paced map open at all times would seem logical.

I’m not sure what the developers are trying to achieve at the moment with so many changes being changed in and out at will. Seems like they make a change, a few people complain and it’s changed again.

I agree. But I'll tell you a secret. They did not create the game themselves. they hire a company or a programmer and they write updates to them. They do not create the game code and do not understand it

10 hours ago, InHaLe said:

I agree. But I'll tell you a secret. They did not create the game themselves. they hire a company or a programmer and they write updates to them. They do not create the game code and do not understand it

That would make a lot of sense. That in itself sounds crazy!! The core mechanics of the game are brilliant but I can’t see much life in joycrafter the way it’s going. The only way for the game to move forward would be for someone to buy the game from them and start improving on what they have. As it still need a lot of work to move forward unfortunately.

As we know since the PC version came about, the contact us side of the game is questionable at best. For me I have a PC and haven’t thought once about downloading it and starting fresh as I like playing this on the move as it should be.

12 hours ago, TheEvilDead said:

That would make a lot of sense. That in itself sounds crazy!! The core mechanics of the game are brilliant but I can’t see much life in joycrafter the way it’s going. The only way for the game to move forward would be for someone to buy the game from them and start improving on what they have. As it still need a lot of work to move forward unfortunately.

As we know since the PC version came about, the contact us side of the game is questionable at best. For me I have a PC and haven’t thought once about downloading it and starting fresh as I like playing this on the move as it should be. 

They did create it, but Wiestone is in control. Much like EA does with a lot of their games, and Wiestones only goal is to make money, so they will push Joycrafter to do whatever they want, and joycrafter doesn't have a choice since they no linger own the game.

• Upvote 1

On 8/31/2018 at 5:55 PM, TheEvilDead said:

Errmmmm both.

My only reasoning for having 2 maps at different speeds being open is at least I have a choice which I want to join. I really like the high speed maps but you need to be able to react very quickly as I know I can take a city every 15mins if I really need to on my own and with team mates on as well leagues can vanish very quickly if not active. So I like to play global when I know I don’t have the time to be as active.

But I agree that all the changes they have put in recently seem to go from bad to worse. I believe players are asking for changes that are poorly executed in game. And changing team size from 20-10 in map obviously shows that less players are playing or there’s not as many bigger leagues who can join a map.

Our league is Ranked around 50 and we have had 20 in map for quite a while now and a different team every week we play. So I’m sure there’s big teams out there?

Back to the topic at hand, I played isles once when it came back and think it is by far the best map in game. I also like global as it was with regular speed and 20 player limit but what do I know..

I don't think that's why the League size change was made. The fact that the tendency of the player base is to come in with large leagues and sister leagues, plus permanent allies creates a situation where global gets all green very quickly. This creates many many request to the GMs to close maps early. In part to compensate for this, the voting system on global was changed from "8 days, vote to extend adding +2 days" to "8 days vote to end the map after 3 days". (which is silly. at a minimum the vote to end should be on day 5, not 3) When the speed was changed to x2 this exasperated the problem. Maps are ending very quickly. I believe the League size was changed in part to offset this. Those quick maps are bad for their revenue.

In my opinion, the best solution would be to remove the speed maps all together. If they don't want to do that, then they need to fix them because the combat system is broken.

The game is going through an identity crisis right now, and in trying to please everyone, they are pleasing no one.

On 8/30/2018 at 3:14 PM, InHaLe said:

The problem is that the battlefields do not fill up normally, because there are no players. Players leave this game, and the actions of developers exacerbate the situation. price increases in the regions where there is no dollar and reduce the players in the team. show that profits are falling and the players do not have, and they go off their game. I talked about this, I warned, but the path is almost not reversible

This fact does not invalidate the original poster's suggestion. It reinforces it. 

21 hours ago, TheEvilDead said:

I offered, but they don't seem interested in selling.

One of the worst decisions imaginable was to go to the PC platform and create a different game. It would have been FAR better to make the mobile game cross platform and bring those players into the mobile version, increasing and expanding their player base. This also would have allowed their dev efforts (In house or contracted) to concentrate on one product. I'm still shaking my head over that one.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MkV said:

I don't think that's why the League size change was made. The fact that the tendency of the player base is to come in with large leagues and sister leagues, plus permanent allies creates a situation where global gets all green very quickly. This creates many many request to the GMs to close maps early. In part to compensate for this, the voting system on global was changed from "8 days, vote to extend adding +2 days" to "8 days vote to end the map after 3 days". (which is silly. at a minimum the vote to end should be on day 5, not 3) When the speed was changed to x2 this exasperated the problem. Maps are ending very quickly. I believe the League size was changed in part to offset this. Those quick maps are bad for their revenue.

In my opinion, the best solution would be to remove the speed maps all together. If they don't want to do that, then they need to fix them because the combat system is broken.

The game is going through an identity crisis right now, and in trying to please everyone, they are pleasing no one.

This fact does not invalidate the original poster's suggestion. It reinforces it. 

I offered, but they don't seem interested in selling.

One of the worst decisions imaginable was to go to the PC platform and create a different game. It would have been FAR better to make the mobile game cross platform and bring those players into the mobile version, increasing and expanding their player base. This also would have allowed their dev efforts (In house or contracted) to concentrate on one product. I'm still shaking my head over that one.

I think we all make valid points in this post....

There’s lots of issues they can’t seem to solve at all. I think we could be here all day listing the areas they need to address before adding more content to the game (maps & officers etc).

1. I still don’t understand moving to 10 players as leagues will just split again and again to have more players in map. (It’s even been spoken about in my league already) so I see this not solving anything. If people like playing a 2day map to close it early then so be it. I think 5 days is a reasonable option to end.

2. Opening and closing maps so often. Focus on one map at a time, open a map for 1-2 weeks at a time and correct the issues as there reported in map. And not just close after a couple of days because there’s so many bugs.

3. Changing the speeds around in all maps will not help anything at all. I play global because I have a life around the game. (As I’m sure most of us do here). Making all maps faster and faster will make me personally not play at all.

4. They are killing the game with every change lately...

1 hour ago, TheEvilDead said:

I think we all make valid points in this post....

There’s lots of issues they can’t seem to solve at all. I think we could be here all day listing the areas they need to address before adding more content to the game (maps & officers etc).

1. I still don’t understand moving to 10 players as leagues will just split again and again to have more players in map. (It’s even been spoken about in my league already) so I see this not solving anything. If people like playing a 2day map to close it early then so be it. I think 5 days is a reasonable option to end.

2. Opening and closing maps so often. Focus on one map at a time, open a map for 1-2 weeks at a time and correct the issues as there reported in map. And not just close after a couple of days because there’s so many bugs.

3. Changing the speeds around in all maps will not help anything at all. I play global because I have a life around the game. (As I’m sure most of us do here). Making all maps faster and faster will make me personally not play at all.

4. They are killing the game with every change lately...

In my mind, the main reason to have these discussion here is to provide the devs player feedback and ideas. Unfortunately, the majority of their feed back comes through "contact us" and is usually threatening, self centered and rude. This can and has lead to "knee jerk" changes which are rarely a good thing.

A better solution to the diplomacy thing is to return the League Size to 15 (or 20, but I think 15 is a better number) and limit leagues to one ally. I don't know if this is possible though. Another option is leagues of 20 and no allies. That would cause other issues though and is a bad idea in my opinion. 

I 100% agree on the speed vs life. There never should have been speed increases in the first place. I know that it was asked for a lot, but the unintended consequences have been far worse for the game than it has helped. For the most part, players weren't leaving the game due to its slow speed, but they left in droves over the lag and other issues the speed caused.

When I say the game is having an identity crisis, here is an example. It started out as a slow paced, long term strategy game that gave players time to develop their economies and armies and have slowly building battles that culminated in huge battles towards the end. The 24/7 persistent environment means the pace has to be slow enough so that you can manage and survive in the times when you are offline doing "life" stuff.  Activity was an advantage, but with league sizes and the slower speeds it wasn't mandatory to be online constantly. Class tech sped up certain units, and Battlefield Tech sped the game up slowly so that by the mid to late game units were moving pretty quickly. The people who like that, loved it. The people who wanted fast paced rts stuff played other games.

In an attempt to grab the other crowd, the game was sped up causing all sorts of issues. With the higher speeds out the gate and Class/BF tech making speeds INSANE, you HAVE to be online constantly or your whole league can get rolled very quickly. Maps ending too quickly is also discouraging the spending on map infrastructure (general slots, research slots, etc.) This has led to both sorts of players being unsatisfied. I realize this is an over simplification, but the concept is valid. It is leaving it's core concept and trying to be all things to every sort of player. As a result is becoming good at nothing. it's a shame, because it has been and can be the best strategy game of this type in existence. The fact that it isn't for every one is just a reality. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

If less people per league come into a map they can't clear the map as quickly. It's as simple as that.

As we have discussed already. This solves nothing as leagues will split players in to more and more leagues. Potentially making the problem worse for teams who are happy to go in map with 10.

Just an example = If my league can put 20+ in map (split in 2 leagues) with 1-2 allies who can put 10+ in map as well.

We already know the Russian and Chinese leagues already use a ridiculous amount of sister leagues in map.

So where does it end?

The whole game structure needs looking at if we are looking to make maps more competitive and fair. What’s in place now is not working at all. The developers are asking more questions than actually solving at the moment.

5 hours ago, TheEvilDead said:

As we have discussed already. This solves nothing as leagues will split players in to more and more leagues. Potentially making the problem worse for teams who are happy to go in map with 10.

Just an example = If my league can put 20+ in map (split in 2 leagues) with 1-2 allies who can put 10+ in map as well.

We already know the Russian and Chinese leagues already use a ridiculous amount of sister leagues in map.

So where does it end?

The whole game structure needs looking at if we are looking to make maps more competitive and fair. What’s in place now is not working at all. The developers are asking more questions than actually solving at the moment.

Thats why i think the best option is a 15 player limit with one ally

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MkV said:

Thats why i think the best option is a 15 player limit with one ally

10-15% of a maps population seems like a good starting point to be allied as one unit. Then that’s one issue out the way of having a green map to end early. I hate having lots of allies anyway, at least challenge your self in maps as I’ve known at least 4 leagues against me at one point with 10-20 players in each. And I gather most maps are against you guys anyway the way you build up