World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Leaving world warfare

Captrazor

It has been an honor and pleasure fighting with all of you over the past few years.  Weve kicked some serious ass and won against all olds.  I formed the league luckystrikes when this game was in the early stages of development. I have seen it grow and change. For the better and worse. And its the worse part that is what has made me decide to stop playing and retire luckystrikes from the game.  I will miss you all and i thank you so much.  But paying to win or paying just to keep up with others is no longer worth it to me.  I have other joys and loves in life and wwf is not going to take any more time from me. Or should you let it.  It was a great game in the beginning before all the dumb generals and purple gems and blue gems and gold coins and this and that hot sale, and alt 15 alt accounts. But now its very plain to see that if you dont spend money, and a lot of it, you will be left far behind. Or if you dont spend gobs of money, your time will be wasted on enemies that will gem to no end.  Gone are the days of real strategy. Anyhow, luckystrikes will be disbanded and nothing but love goes out to all my players that have sacrificed soo many sleepless nights playing for the win.   Thanks again. Capt out for the last time.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Captrazor said:

It has been an honor and pleasure fighting with all of you over the past few years.  Weve kicked some serious ass and won against all olds.  I formed the league luckystrikes when this game was in the early stages of development. I have seen it grow and change. For the better and worse. And its the worse part that is what has made me decide to stop playing and retire luckystrikes from the game.  I will miss you all and i thank you so much.  But paying to win or paying just to keep up with others is no longer worth it to me.  I have other joys and loves in life and wwf is not going to take any more time from me. Or should you let it.  It was a great game in the beginning before all the dumb generals and purple gems and blue gems and gold coins and this and that hot sale, and alt 15 alt accounts. But now its very plain to see that if you dont spend money, and a lot of it, you will be left far behind. Or if you dont spend gobs of money, your time will be wasted on enemies that will gem to no end.  Gone are the days of real strategy. Anyhow, luckystrikes will be disbanded and nothing but love goes out to all my players that have sacrificed soo many sleepless nights playing for the win.   Thanks again. Capt out for the last time.

14 hours ago, Ryan666 said:

Couldn’t agree more captain. I’m almost done to. Godslayer is going to retaire to 

I personally hate to see any one leave, but its a game and everyone has to make their own choices. As to the reasons why people are leaving, that's what I'd like to comment on.

The whole "Pay to Win" argument doesn't hold water with me. Yes, generals cost money and they help, but they aren't an auto win button. WeFew plays one game a month and yes, we have generals, but we ALSO play other games on alts that don't have all of the the generals/gold/gems, and we do just fine. (and FYI we never enter with more than 10 in WeFew, and fewer than that with our alts.) If you are losing and you are blaming the other guy, or gems, or generals, or whatever, I.M.O. you are doing yourself a disservice. You're far better off self examining to determine the cause of the loss instead of blaming others.  The fact is, too many players rely on numbers to win. It's why there are Leagues/sister leagues/permanent alliances and all that other "I suck at this game B.S" that pads stats but creates bad players. EVERYTHING in this game has counters, including gemming. And if alts and alt leagues are the issue, get in a better league. A coordinated league of single accounts will beat a bunch of alts played by one player every time. Even playing on 2 devices (or 5 if you're War1War :) ) is nowhere near as efficient as one player/one device. (The exception to this is the tourney. Alt leagues in the tournament is very broken; but that's another subject). 

Having said all that. It is a game, you guys are adults, and I respect your decision. Best of luck to you both.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Captrazor said:

It was a great game in the beginning before all the dumb generals and purple gems and blue gems and gold coins and this and that hot sale, and alt 15 alt accounts. But now its very plain to see that if you dont spend money, and a lot of it, you will be left far behind. Or if you dont spend gobs of money, your time will be wasted on enemies that will gem to no end.  Gone are the days of real strategy.

Well if you think that the days of "real strategy" are gone just because of generals and gems I feel sorry for you. I guess you have missed the entire point of classes and the class system; the depth and complexity that it has introduced in what was and still is one of the best combat simulations available on mobile platform.

I dont blame you the whole community is playing this game backwards as if they have a blindfold on, pressing buttons randomly. Very few prople bother to try anything other than the accepted methods. At first it was bomber spam, now its m40/whirble spam, the chinese and russians are experimenting with light tank spam...

Did you notice the recurring word SPAM in what you call stategy and I call method? Everyone looking for the easy way out in a game that has currently 40 units with distinct stats people are trying to spam at a maximum 4 different units m40, whirl, jets and strats. Thats only 10% of existing units making up more than 80% of all units that I consistently see in BFs.

Time and time again I see people taking this wonderful simulation and turning in into this ugly linear looking thing dumbed down beyond belief. Go in with league of 20, brigning in sister league of 20 ally half the active players in the big leagues and roll the little 2-5 player leagues and cry to the devs to end the map earlier than 8 days

These strategies are the hallmark of today's succesful big leagues, whatever unit spam and ally half the map. No wonder you see no strategy left in this game, played this way there isn't any. You want to know what it wrong with the game take a good hard look in the mirror its not the gems, or the amethyst, or the generals or the class tech nor the gold tech. Its the community's desire to render this wonderful simulation as linear as possible, as two dimensional as possible, as is easy and thinkless as possible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1