World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think I'll head out.

Bloodmancer

So I'm going to quit, after three+ years, I'm leaving. not like anyone cares, but I feel like I need to make a rant so maybe, just maybe, something can get done. then again, nothings changed for well over a year now. And they've made a new game and moved our best support to it. So I doubt anything will actually happen.

The need for activity needs to be decreased. Then again, this probably won't happen since the people who can't play as much tend to pay a little more to make up for lost time. This game has become pretty bad and I don't want to pay money for something that's not putting out and making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Servers need to be fixed... badly. Not just in terms of lag but also in terms of general functionality. Lately, every battle I've done I get kicked out of the game and can't do anything while all my troops are killed. then. when I get back in, the entire game is unresponsive for 5 minutes to an hour.

Support needs an upgrade. Why does you offering to replace all my units when they die due to lag or some bug matter when I don't get replies for up to 12 hours sometimes? At that point I could have my whole army rebuilt and more. Maybe also offer to remove the losses from my average? Not fair that my stats take a hit because your game doesn't work.

Combat is boring and stupid. There' no strategy anymore because you refuse to fix the artillery and AA. Everyone spams the same units and uses the same tactics. And the people who spend money have artillery that is literally stronger a strategic bomber, even before the updates.

• Upvote 1

I agree with mostly everything you said. I understand your frustration and I feel your pain. All the way up to the last paragraph.

I am vehemently opposed to everything you say in that last paragraph. This is by far the best realtime combat simulation I have seen including pc gaming. The fact that its offered on a mobile platform is simply unheard of.

I am not simply referring to the PvP combat mechanics but everything that leads up to that the economy/logistics part of the game is nearly unparalleled.

Blaming the devs for human fallacy, lack of creativity and sheer laziness is just wrong. Its not their fault that people always look for an easy way out, people that just want to spam a single unit over and over again. We saw it with bomber spam which quickly stopped once people started producing Whirbles and now we see it with M40 spam; its just the meta hasn’t caught up yet to the counter, they are starting to slowly get it though.

That doesn’t mean that the counter doesn’t exist, its called combined arms and it is VERY deadly and people are starting to get it. You want to stop the spamming in a BF near you? Simple, build a well balance army, incite your league mates to do the same (lest we forget this is a team game and that you cant do it alone) and crush the spammers into dust.

Now this requires hard work, you actually have to spend some time and think about it, what is a well balanced army? What is a well balanced army in the current meta? What will be a well balanced army tomorrow where the meta seems to headed with the new flavour of “spam that unit” next month?

Like I said hard work compared to “spam that unit” till you’re blue in the face. Unfortunately we got to educate people one BF at a time... Some people get it and some never will but thats not particular to WW its true in any gaming platform.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:44 PM, Bloodmancer said:

So I'm going to quit, after three+ years, I'm leaving. not like anyone cares, but I feel like I need to make a rant so maybe, just maybe, something can get done. then again, nothings changed for well over a year now. And they've made a new game and moved our best support to it. So I doubt anything will actually happen.

The need for activity needs to be decreased. Then again, this probably won't happen since the people who can't play as much tend to pay a little more to make up for lost time. This game has become pretty bad and I don't want to pay money for something that's not putting out and making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Servers need to be fixed... badly. Not just in terms of lag but also in terms of general functionality. Lately, every battle I've done I get kicked out of the game and can't do anything while all my troops are killed. then. when I get back in, the entire game is unresponsive for 5 minutes to an hour.

Support needs an upgrade. Why does you offering to replace all my units when they die due to lag or some bug matter when I don't get replies for up to 12 hours sometimes? At that point I could have my whole army rebuilt and more. Maybe also offer to remove the losses from my average? Not fair that my stats take a hit because your game doesn't work.

Combat is boring and stupid. There' no strategy anymore because you refuse to fix the artillery and AA. Everyone spams the same units and uses the same tactics. And the people who spend money have artillery that is literally stronger a strategic bomber, even before the updates.

I with Immel in that I agree with all of your statements except the last paragraph. M40/AA spam is free xp for Leagues who know what they're doing. The fact that 99% of the community hasn't realized that is very telling. (Not that it matters when we cant control our troops in combat :))

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do agree with all three of you. Recently the new bf is crashing at least daily sometimes multiple times a day loosing all troops.  I still love the game but the frequent crashes is quite frustrating. Don’t know how much longer players are going to stick around the way it is. I truly hope the do something about the issues soon. 

I think his last paragraph was more to the point that it’s boring that EVERYONE is using the same troop configuration. Yes we all know 15 stugs 15 motor arts and 10-15 whirls is a great combo. But is easily beaten with the right troops and strategies. You either build the 15s or against it. That gets repetitive and boring. 

• Like 1