World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Massive Tank Battles

GenMooMoo

As the war wages on, Mobile artillery and aa Dominate the Battlefield, It’s becoming very common and very routine . I’m sure all of us would like a map with only ground units(excluding league and arty) dominated by tigers and tank destroyers, the map should have an increase in speed as gigs will not be in the game, and the map in general must be a little small just like kill chain, Thank you for your time .

I am sorry but what exactly is preventing you from having massive tanks battles as you call it in the regular map? Why do you feel that you need a special ground map to do this in? Which by the way is a horrible idea as I have explain in another thread only a few days ago, basically only tankers would play such a map and we should rename the game to trench warfare instead of world warfare see here for more details: http://www.worldwarfare.com/topic/2009-ground-map/

If the enemy is sapmming m40&whirbles at you dont feel obliged to do the same, if you do thats your problem not  the game’s problem. Find alternatives to counter such spams and keep using your tanks all the way through the BF.

There is enough unit diveristy in this game to ensure that there are several ways to accomplish the same goals. Its up to you as a player to get creative and not replicate the same thing ever one else is doing. If you choose to do like the others thats not a game design flaw thats intelectual lazyness. 

On 1/20/2018 at 12:18 AM, GenMooMoo said:

As the war wages on, Mobile artillery and aa Dominate the Battlefield, It’s becoming very common and very routine . I’m sure all of us would like a map with only ground units(excluding league and arty) dominated by tigers and tank destroyers, the map should have an increase in speed as gigs will not be in the game, and the map in general must be a little small just like kill chain, Thank you for your time .

The easy answer is get kats. But I still have the same feeling the tanks are almost useless in late game strategy.

6 hours ago, MkV said:

I think tanks are absolutely viable late game. 

In combined arms operations, yes, I’ll agree. But I don’t see how tanks effectively counter spam AOE armies any better than other unit types. 

Tanks I don’t like to attack cities with, because turrets tear them up so well. When I use them, it tends to be against other units only.

9 hours ago, Panzerwerfer42 said:

The easy answer is get kats. But I still have the same feeling the tanks are almost useless in late game strategy.

While I'm not particularly fond of tanks, Having tiger tanks at level 8 makes them really great. Build them up in tech, expand them, and use BF tech for extra hp/attack and then research the repel ability. Then spread them out and Force march them at a group of arty. Focus them all on the same target and watch them wreck quite a large chunk of the arty. Have arty/AA support in the back. for additional Fire power/damage. You could also use king tigers if you can get them fast enough...

Using your troops properly is absolutely key. The reason a lot of people think tanks aren't useful late game is because they force march them at the enemy in a big clump with no troop support then they all die super fast.

Edited by Bloodmancer

6 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

While I'm not particularly fond of tanks, Having tiger tanks at level 8 makes them really great. Build them up in tech, expand them, and use BF tech for extra hp/attack and then research the repel ability. Then spread them out and Force march them at a group of arty. Focus them all on the same target and watch them wreck quite a large chunk of the arty. Have arty/AA support in the back. for additional Fire power/damage. You could also use king tigers if you can get them fast enough...

Using your troops properly is absolutely key. The reason a lot of people think tanks aren't useful late game is because they force march them at the enemy in a big clump with no troop support then they all die super fast.

I totally agree. I think moving tigers up to level 8 was smart, players might actually us more tha the two free ones we get. So we will likely start seeing more tigers.

As MkV was eluding to, combined arms properly is extremely tough to beat. Early tigers will help keep tanks in armies longer now.