World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I quit because of lag

KingCB

On 1/29/2018 at 10:00 PM, Florian said:

Lol that may be true but I just don’t like the toxic behavior, forums are for how to make the game better yes?

Between the two, I think kingCB is acting like the teenage crazy ex girlfriend, trying to prove she isn’t crazy. And blood is the teenage ex boyfriend that can’t walk away, cuz the bj’s are too good. Lol.

Lot of people post complaints or frustrations, but we should also mention when issues improve or seem to get better. 

Im pretty sure support reset our server or did something to try and fix lag... because a few days ago, suddenly the map went down and no one could get in for a few minutes. When it finally worked again all troops that were moving had automatically stopped where ever they were. 

Since then, the battles have been much better. Still not perfect how it used to be a year or so ago during large battles, but we can at least command troops and give tactics mostly which is better than being frozen and not able to do anything at all. Here's some cool screenshots from the current island battlefield of GODz vs Fluffycakes, Cocidius, and YeOldeGuys all allied against us. 

IMG_2048.PNG

IMG_2076.PNG

IMG_2093.PNG

IMG_2097.PNG

IMG_2103.PNG

IMG_2104.PNG

IMG_2107.PNG

IMG_2108.PNG

IMG_2109.PNG

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2018 at 4:05 PM, Bolt said:

To reiterate, we absolutely are doing all we can to find the bugs that are causing server lag and instability. We are a small team and we pride ourselves in building a game that is fun and satisfying; bugs, glitches and lag can ruin that fun and we sincerely apologize for that. I understand that it is tempting to think that because these issues have persisted,  we don't care or we are too "greedy" or <insert bad faith reason here>. A truth that I believe everyone can agree on is that these issues hurt the game, which logically leads to lower revenue. It is in our absolute, 100% benefit as a company to fix these issues; both because we take pride in having a fun game and because it makes practical, fiscal sense. There is no world in which we would ever say "let's not fix these bugs, lets do something else instead". And while adding new content is not 100% risk free, the new content we are adding is not the main culprit but rather other, more complex interactions between the different components in our software. 

As to the idea that we purposely rig the game for certain leagues, going so far as to weaponize lag(?)... I work out of our Office in San Francisco with a small team here, and collaborate with the developers out of Beijing. I am in several practical ways the "boss" (Product lead, Project Manager, etc. call it what you will). The idea that I or anyone on our team would collude with players to betray the spirit of a competitive game is simply disgusting. I can't speak to other developers' experience, but in the 10 years I've been in the games industry I have never seen anything of this sort where I've worked, and I would not tolerate it. As gamers and consumers ourselves, we take our responsibility for ethical behavior very seriously. I know the support agent in that screenshot, and nothing that is said there screams "we will collaborate with you to cheat". This sounds more like someone wanting to face off fairly against Godz in a tournament? and support saying "you can figure it out". Saying we will provide technical support is not a smoking gun, its more like trying to be polite if anything. I get that for some, we are "the man" and everything we say or do is suspect. Authority figures and all that, I get it. But I hope most players who play and enjoy the game can see the reason in my explanations above and reach a less suspicious, less worst-case scenario point of view.

To KingCB: we hate to see you go, we hope you'll check back as we work on and (hopefully soon) fix the ongoing issues. 

Thank you for reading.

Can you explain why shields disappear when facing kevin from the Chinese league?  It literally happened to me today and another player yesterday.  I was 6 min in on a 2 hour shield troops were loading into AB no other troops out and about and poor my shield disappears and here come enemy troops dropping from gigs. It’s   Total bullshit 

There are many totally legit ways to make another player's shields drop. But dont worry I am sure Joykiller will make sure to remove all of them to ensure that people can stay bubbled under their infinibubbles because after all its not like this is a wargame anymore...

11 hours ago, Immel said:

There are many totally legit ways to make another player's shields drop. But dont worry I am sure Joykiller will make sure to remove all of them to ensure that people can stay bubbled under their infinibubbles because after all its not like this is a wargame anymore...

No  only if a players attscks another city or rss or deleted it himself