World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I quit because of lag

KingCB

I have decided to quit the game because of extreme lag, connection issues, loading, spinning circle, parameter errors, and other assorted glitches with the game. I have decided NOT to encourage anyone else to quit... because I believe everyone should make decisions for themselves. I have transferred Leader of GODz to Slayer whom I trust will do a great job leading our team into whatever the future holds. 

A few of the deputy leaders have my email address so they can message me if they need me. Otherwise, I am deleting this app and Line chat and will not return ever again. 

The only reason I am posting this thread before I go is because I think it's important that people know about the possibility of game support maybe trying to help other leagues by somehow purposefully adding lag or other game problems against certain leagues. 

Many players have long regarded support in this game with suspicion and bias towards Chinese leagues and some others who are favored. But not until recently did I have any semblance of proof. 

One of our players was taking a break and wanted to try some other leagues... he went to War1war which is a league that recently won silver cup tournament (2 seasons ago) and is led by a player who is known to be closely allied with the Chinese leagues, use extensive networks of alts and spies, and generally shady. The context is missing from the screenshot included here. So maybe it's not what it seems... but it sure seems to me like support agreeing to somehow aid war1war in plans against us (possible with "technical support" which could mean lag). 

In our current map, the game is virtually unplayable. We are still winning by large margin anyway. But it's not about winning or losing anymore. Just about whether or not I enjoy playing the game. And I just don't anymore. Large battles used to be the best part of this game. And now it's impossible to navigate because so much lag and connection issues (especially for GODz possibly moreso than other leagues). 

So I quit now and wish you all the best. Screenshots below are extreme lag and connection issues examples plus the screenshot between support staff and War1war about them helping with technical support against GODz. Support, feel free to explain more context about that those messages mean... or just delete the thread if you know you guilty. I don't care. 

Im done now.

Bye

IMG_1876.PNG

IMG_1853.PNG

IMG_1854.PNG

IMG_1857.PNG

IMG_1858.PNG

IMG_1859.PNG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrea said:

try to play with one account. Maybe the problem is ur router which gets crazy from switching dates by your dozens of alt accounts :)

Your comment is stupid.  I dont play two accounts and experienced the same issue.  The map is unplayable.  It is an issue need to address.  Making fun of other people comment is not helping the matter.

u said it, and that s all you had to know. I was kidding and since I am not a dev, I can t help the matter. Yes I had also Issue problems, but I would not say the game is unplayable. that s not true. For my point of view, this game is pretty complex and it has to deal with big waves of dates. So I do not get mad when it stucks. Keep calm and be happy. Kidding the child who cries for nothing is not a crime. 

• Like 1

Its one thing to complain about lag (i feel for you) albeit we are all in the same boat...

Its quite another thing to accuse game support of colluding with certain leagues to fix the game in their favour. Specially since what you have provided as “proof” has nothing to substanciate such claims, is very vague, does not mention any of the particiapnts in that very short dialogue and can so easily be taken out of context.

This is down right slanderous as far accusations go.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:05 PM, Bolt said:

To reiterate, we absolutely are doing all we can to find the bugs that are causing server lag and instability. We are a small team and we pride ourselves in building a game that is fun and satisfying; bugs, glitches and lag can ruin that fun and we sincerely apologize for that. I understand that it is tempting to think that because these issues have persisted,  we don't care or we are too "greedy" or <insert bad faith reason here>. A truth that I believe everyone can agree on is that these issues hurt the game, which logically leads to lower revenue. It is in our absolute, 100% benefit as a company to fix these issues; both because we take pride in having a fun game and because it makes practical, fiscal sense. There is no world in which we would ever say "let's not fix these bugs, lets do something else instead". And while adding new content is not 100% risk free, the new content we are adding is not the main culprit but rather other, more complex interactions between the different components in our software. 

As to the idea that we purposely rig the game for certain leagues, going so far as to weaponize lag(?)... I work out of our Office in San Francisco with a small team here, and collaborate with the developers out of Beijing. I am in several practical ways the "boss" (Product lead, Project Manager, etc. call it what you will). The idea that I or anyone on our team would collude with players to betray the spirit of a competitive game is simply disgusting. I can't speak to other developers' experience, but in the 10 years I've been in the games industry I have never seen anything of this sort where I've worked, and I would not tolerate it. As gamers and consumers ourselves, we take our responsibility for ethical behavior very seriously. I know the support agent in that screenshot, and nothing that is said there screams "we will collaborate with you to cheat". This sounds more like someone wanting to face off fairly against Godz in a tournament? and support saying "you can figure it out". Saying we will provide technical support is not a smoking gun, its more like trying to be polite if anything. I get that for some, we are "the man" and everything we say or do is suspect. Authority figures and all that, I get it. But I hope most players who play and enjoy the game can see the reason in my explanations above and reach a less suspicious, less worst-case scenario point of view.

To KingCB: we hate to see you go, we hope you'll check back as we work on and (hopefully soon) fix the ongoing issues. 

Thank you for reading.

Thank you Bolt for taking the time to respond. Support in this game has almost always treated me and GODz fairly, and I have respect for you and all of the hard work that you and your team put into this game. 

But with that being said... you see the screenshot right? And you see how someone could read that and come to the conclusion that maybe something isn't right? 

As for a potential motive, "parity" amongst leagues could lead to higher morale and more revenue also. If one team (such as GODz) dominated all others all the time then the "others" could get frustrated and walk away more easily. Potentially in the best interest of the developers to "help" (either directly or indirectly) other leagues to keep them interested and enthusiastic in the game. 

In fact, it's been this way "indirectly" for years. Before you were even here... support changed tactics and "nerfed" parts of the game month after month because GODz enemies complained about it being the reason for why we won so much. Artillery Support tactic was nerfed first because we were stacking them and wiping out armies back when it did 15% damage of total health. Medic/ Health tactic was nerfed (it used to have 60 second cool down) and GODz members were using them back to back to back. Bombers used to do crazy damage if you kept tapping attack then target over and over then that was changed. 

We have continuously discovered and mastered advantage after advantage after advantage and our enemies complain about it then support changes it. The most recent example is Tournament. We won the championship in season 9... then our enemies complain that it's only because of alt leagues and second acct leagues (something the Chinese and War1war and plenty others did to win tournemanent long before we ever did)... but immediately after we win tournament and enemies complain... the support staff changes the rules and now there is no Diplomacy allowed lol. Meanwhile we still first place in season 10 anyway because non of those things are the reason we are good. It's just because we are really active and skilled and will keep trying new things and organizing to find advantages because that's what smart people do. 

To be fair... all of those things that the game changed were good decisions. The tactics NEEDED to be nerfed. And bombers damage calculation was an exploit that NEEDED to be fixed. And Diplomacy did not matter to us. The noobs who complain didn't realize it but it helped them much more than it ever helped us. So that's all fine. But it's not right to say that the game never does technical changes to benefit some leagues and try to slow down others. It's been happening for years. I welcome it... more challenges means more fun for us as we overcome it and dominate most of our maps anyway. 

Where I draw the line is this past map that GODz just finished. We ended up clearing the entire map and winning with huge margin of victory anyway... but it was hands down THE MOST frustrating battlefield I have ever played in this game. I lost 7 armies back to back to back to back to back to back over and over and every single time I couldn't even command my troops. Circle loading lagging out... can't give tactics... can't move... kicked out of game... parameter error.. screen frozen. It was incredible. I've played hundreds of battlefields in this game and never felt that helpless or frustrated before until this past week. Both sides complained about lag but the five leagues we were fighting didn't seem to have it as bad. 

Then I see the screenshot I posted in original thread about providing technical support to enemy of GODz after enemy tries to get in tourney match with us. 

How am I supposed to interpret that? Bolt when you read it... what does it seem to you? 

I enjoy this game A LOT. But my last BF was literally unplayable. And if things are all of suddenly worse for GODz than they are for other people and other leagues... then there's a screenshot that might explain why. 

I only came back here because some support guy "officer David" had a GODz DL email me to come. I posted in contact us. Just fix the lag and connection problems then I'll shut up. I don't want to cause problems. I just want to be able to play the game without severe lag and connection problems showing up every single time a large battle is about to happen (which is every day when you in GODz). Let me know when it's fixed then I'll come back. Until then I quit and will look for other games to play during my spare time. That's it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, KingCB said:

Thank you Bolt for taking the time to respond. Support in this game has almost always treated me and GODz fairly, and I have respect for you and all of the hard work that you and your team put into this game. 

But with that being said... you see the screenshot right? And you see how someone could read that and come to the conclusion that maybe something isn't right? 

As for a potential motive, "parity" amongst leagues could lead to higher morale and more revenue also. If one team (such as GODz) dominated all others all the time then the "others" could get frustrated and walk away more easily. Potentially in the best interest of the developers to "help" (either directly or indirectly) other leagues to keep them interested and enthusiastic in the game. 

In fact, it's been this way "indirectly" for years. Before you were even here... support changed tactics and "nerfed" parts of the game month after month because GODz enemies complained about it being the reason for why we won so much. Artillery Support tactic was nerfed first because we were stacking them and wiping out armies back when it did 15% damage of total health. Medic/ Health tactic was nerfed (it used to have 60 second cool down) and GODz members were using them back to back to back. Bombers used to do crazy damage if you kept tapping attack then target over and over then that was changed. 

We have continuously discovered and mastered advantage after advantage after advantage and our enemies complain about it then support changes it. The most recent example is Tournament. We won the championship in season 9... then our enemies complain that it's only because of alt leagues and second acct leagues (something the Chinese and War1war and plenty others did to win tournemanent long before we ever did)... but immediately after we win tournament and enemies complain... the support staff changes the rules and now there is no Diplomacy allowed lol. Meanwhile we still first place in season 10 anyway because non of those things are the reason we are good. It's just because we are really active and skilled and will keep trying new things and organizing to find advantages because that's what smart people do. 

To be fair... all of those things that the game changed were good decisions. The tactics NEEDED to be nerfed. And bombers damage calculation was an exploit that NEEDED to be fixed. And Diplomacy did not matter to us. The noobs who complain didn't realize it but it helped them much more than it ever helped us. So that's all fine. But it's not right to say that the game never does technical changes to benefit some leagues and try to slow down others. It's been happening for years. I welcome it... more challenges means more fun for us as we overcome it and dominate most of our maps anyway. 

Where I draw the line is this past map that GODz just finished. We ended up clearing the entire map and winning with huge margin of victory anyway... but it was hands down THE MOST frustrating battlefield I have ever played in this game. I lost 7 armies back to back to back to back to back to back over and over and every single time I couldn't even command my troops. Circle loading lagging out... can't give tactics... can't move... kicked out of game... parameter error.. screen frozen. It was incredible. I've played hundreds of battlefields in this game and never felt that helpless or frustrated before until this past week. Both sides complained about lag but the five leagues we were fighting didn't seem to have it as bad. 

Then I see the screenshot I posted in original thread about providing technical support to enemy of GODz after enemy tries to get in tourney match with us. 

How am I supposed to interpret that? Bolt when you read it... what does it seem to you? 

I enjoy this game A LOT. But my last BF was literally unplayable. And if things are all of suddenly worse for GODz than they are for other people and other leagues... then there's a screenshot that might explain why. 

I only came back here because some support guy "officer David" had a GODz DL email me to come. I posted in contact us. Just fix the lag and connection problems then I'll shut up. I don't want to cause problems. I just want to be able to play the game without severe lag and connection problems showing up every single time a large battle is about to happen (which is every day when you in GODz). Let me know when it's fixed then I'll come back. Until then I quit and will look for other games to play during my spare time. That's it. 

Now that you explain, I kind of understand but at the same time don’t. The photos that you supposedly said were evidence and your initial post, it looks like you were downright condemning developers. The photos don’t say shit.

Florian read this screenshot below and then tell me how you interpret it. I can't think of any way this makes sense other than something shady against GODz. I did mention that context of earlier and later discussion is missing so maybe there's more to it... but here I see Aw (the leader of war1war) specifically say he's going to take his 3 leagues to fight GODz and then staff reply that they will provide technical support... and even says he's willing to stay up all night to be on guard lol.

the "extent" of the conspiracy against GODz is unknown here. But even if it's just harmless "watching to make sure everything goes smoothly" why does support have to assure enemies of GODz that they will do this and stay up all night and be on guard to watch us? Lol. Wouldn't be more fair or make more sense if he simply replied that they will watch both sides and maintain fairness throughout all battles? 

Seems strange to me. But even if everyone disagrees and thinks the screenshot means nothing to show bias against GODz I already said that doesn't even matter to me. I just want lag and connection problems fixed so I can play they game without freezing and circle loading and can't move everytime like there's a battle to fight. That's it. I don't want any gems... I don't want any army credited to my account... I just want the game to work so I can annihilate all who would dare oppose me. That's all :) 

if I start a new league I'm going to name it the The LAG Monsters cuz nothing is more unstoppable and scary than LAG 

IMG_1876.PNG

• Like 1

On 19.01.2018 at 9:38 PM, KingCB said:

I have decided to quit the game because of extreme lag, connection issues, loading, spinning circle, parameter errors, and other assorted glitches with the game. I have decided NOT to encourage anyone else to quit... because I believe everyone should make decisions for themselves. I have transferred Leader of GODz to Slayer whom I trust will do a great job leading our team into whatever the future holds. 

A few of the deputy leaders have my email address so they can message me if they need me. Otherwise, I am deleting this app and Line chat and will not return ever again. 

The only reason I am posting this thread before I go is because I think it's important that people know about the possibility of game support maybe trying to help other leagues by somehow purposefully adding lag or other game problems against certain leagues. 

Many players have long regarded support in this game with suspicion and bias towards Chinese leagues and some others who are favored. But not until recently did I have any semblance of proof. 

One of our players was taking a break and wanted to try some other leagues... he went to War1war which is a league that recently won silver cup tournament (2 seasons ago) and is led by a player who is known to be closely allied with the Chinese leagues, use extensive networks of alts and spies, and generally shady. The context is missing from the screenshot included here. So maybe it's not what it seems... but it sure seems to me like support agreeing to somehow aid war1war in plans against us (possible with "technical support" which could mean lag). 

In our current map, the game is virtually unplayable. We are still winning by large margin anyway. But it's not about winning or losing anymore. Just about whether or not I enjoy playing the game. And I just don't anymore. Large battles used to be the best part of this game. And now it's impossible to navigate because so much lag and connection issues (especially for GODz possibly moreso than other leagues). 

So I quit now and wish you all the best. Screenshots below are extreme lag and connection issues examples plus the screenshot between support staff and War1war about them helping with technical support against GODz. Support, feel free to explain more context about that those messages mean... or just delete the thread if you know you guilty. I don't care. 

Im done now.

Bye

IMG_1876.PNG

IMG_1853.PNG

IMG_1854.PNG

IMG_1857.PNG

IMG_1858.PNG

IMG_1859.PNG

I will agree with Zeus in everything. My brothers in arms also during the past year twice met such lags on the battlefield. We survived, lost a lot of troops and it lasted for two to three days at the end of the battlefield. I do not remember exactly, but to mine there were Chinese leagues. We wrote in technical support, but we were ignored until the battlefield ended. after the end of the battle, they told us that this is an isolated case, we will not investigate and reimburse anything.  Our league was the only one that could not play. While the rivals quietly played and attacked us. We demanded to conduct a investigation, check for server hacking or extraneous actions. violation of connection routing. But technical support laughed at us and ignored us. We realized that it was useless and realized that the game turns into a farce

I'm sorry that Zeus that you are faced with these lags, but this is not news. I hope you continue to play. and I hope that there will be people who will correct errors in the game and will not abuse powers. take a look at the table of ratings of the bronze cup 10 season. I wrote that 12 points after one battlefield can not be, they have not been fixed, ignore technical support and laughter.

11 hours ago, KingCB said:

Glitches, exploits, and abuses need to be fixed for the betterment of the game regardless of who finds them and uses them to dominate. The fact that you guys were hurt more by the fixes than others because you took advantage of them is just, in my mind, an uninteded consequence. I can see how you would feel like you’re being targeted, but it sounds like it was the glitches, exploits, and abuses that were the target, not you directly. 

Every league who used alt leagues and second accounts leagues were complained about, not just godz. If its lame for anyone to do it, its lame for everyone who does it. Once again, it appears that improvements were made as a result of players or leagues abusing an existing system. It may seem like the leagues abusing the system are being targeted, but i believe they are just trying to improve the game.

I think what King describes is a simple matter of cause and effect.

Cause: Godz is a very active league they are in alot of BFs simulataneously they play cup matches and are very competitive and succesfull. By the way kudos to them! Add to that what King said about knowing and using all the bugs/exppoits.

Effect: People will complain very vocally about losing to Godz specially if they feel that they lost unfairly due to game bugs/exppoits.

Cause: Alot of backlash being generated against Godz

Effect: Godz feels unfairly targetted as alot of people are bitching about game bugs/exploits that Godz are using to win matches. It aint Godz fault them bugs/exploits exist and everyone is free to use them its not Godz problem if they do or dont.

Bottom line people will bitch using whatever excuse they can to release their frustration about losing be it exploits, bugs, gems, lag, Generals, alts, etc...

Its part of life and human nature there is no patch or fix for that

@KingCB You got it all wrong :1st he meant to say he’ll make the round not too laggy because They’ll be too much explosions. 2nd your that of a coward that you’ll spy almost every league to study the leagues tactics and find another tactic that oppose the league tactic. 3rd You set us up with the Chinese instead of fighting us in the first round. That screenshot is just if they can help the battlefield be stable. 

Have a great day

Inhale is just a loser because you don’t want other leagues to kill your. Those screenshots have happened to me until I had to turn off my phone about 2-3 times in Blitzkrieg 

4 minutes ago, alberto111111 said:

@KingCB You got it all wrong :1st he meant to say he’ll make the round not too laggy because They’ll be too much explosions. 2nd your that of a coward that you’ll spy almost every league to study the leagues tactics and find another tactic that oppose the league tactic. 3rd You set us up with the Chinese instead of fighting us in the first round. That screenshot is just if they can help the battlefield be stable. 

Have a great day

One of the things that is so great about this game is that it simulates warfare on many levels. Strategic, operational, tactical, logistical, and diplomatic. Espionage is as much a part of warfare as any of the above. It shouldn’t be surprising for anyone to discover that they are the target of spying. 

One of the issues with espionage is that the information received is often fragmentary, difficult to interpret, and many times lacks context. There is then always the question of do you act on the data and risk revealing your source. In fact there is a story (desputed) that in WW2 Churchill had advance warning of a German air raid on Coventry and deliberately didnt raise Coventry’s defenses because he didnt want to alert the enemy that they had broken their codes. 

Quite frankly, you’ve been given a gift. The information godz received was such that they publicly revealed to you that you're infiltrated. Do with that info what you will.

5 hours ago, alberto111111 said:

Have a great day

Inhale is just a loser because you don’t want other leagues to kill your. Those screenshots have happened to me until I had to turn off my phone about 2-3 times in Blitzkrieg 

5 hours ago, MkV said:

One of the things that is so great about this game is that it simulates warfare on many levels. Strategic, operational, tactical, logistical, and diplomatic. Espionage is as much a part of warfare as any of the above. It shouldn’t be surprising for anyone to discover that they are the target of spying. 

One of the issues with espionage is that the information received is often fragmentary, difficult to interpret, and many times lacks context. There is then always the question of do you act on the data and risk revealing your source. In fact there is a story (desputed) that in WW2 Churchill had advance warning of a German air raid on Coventry and deliberately didnt raise Coventry’s defenses because he didnt want to alert the enemy that they had broken their codes. 

Quite frankly, you’ve been given a gift. The information godz received was such that they publicly revealed to you that you're infiltrated. Do with that info what you will.

While you yourself do not stalk with the same problems. You can not even imagine how this is, and you can not judge. Technical support is powerless in this case. The purpose of the topic is not to blame someone, but so that this does not happen again