World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ground map

Slefishfran

Should the devs make a ground restricted map only   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let me guess, you’re a tanker, right? ;)

Before I could vote, Id need more details. Does ground only mean no scouts, transports, fighters, bombers, personal transports and LC Transports?

If no LC transports, how would LCs work?

Why are only the airmen and cannoneers losing their bread and butter units? 

15 minutes ago, MkV said:

Let me guess, you’re a tanker, right? ;)

Before I could vote, Id need more details. Does ground only mean no scouts, transports, fighters, bombers, personal transports and LC Transports?

If no LC transports, how would LCs work?

Why are only the airmen and cannoneers losing their bread and butter units? 

Airman wont lose its bread and butter because it is also good for taking out armor. And cannoneer is not only for artillery it is also for recon vehicles, taking out commandos and etc... . They can tweak things to idk maybe put some tank units for lc such as the t34 and the Pershing. I think not allowing gigs would change the play style a bit because everyone is so used to them that not being able to use that specific unit would change the way they think. Also remember that back then when there was no gigs you had to walk your troops where ever you wanted to go. 

Is this a clear response ?  Oh im not a tanker 

Edited by Slefishfran

11 minutes ago, Slefishfran said:

Airman wont lose its bread and butter because it is also good for taking out armor. And cannoneer is not only for artillery it is also for recon vehicles, taking out commandos and etc... . They can tweak things to idk maybe put some tank units for lc such as the t34 and the Pershing. I think not allowing gigs would change the play style a bit because everyone is so used to them that not being able to use that specific unit would change the way they think. Also remember that back then when there was no gigs you had to walk your troops where ever you wanted to go. 

Is this a clear response ?  Oh im not a tanker 

Well at least the cannoneers would still have those jeeps.

The ground map should just take out m40s, rockets, and strats.

Maybe just tweak it so c47 can carry tanks from the get go so you don't need to be able to make gigs too. Gigs are so tough, attacking a city wouldn't change much with them still intact. 

Ground map is a good idea, if you have to rely on the rockets, m40s, and strats, thats not a good showing of strategy.  Although the developers have made it to where that is all you need to win. Just my 2 cents, allows cannoneers and airman to be able to use their tech, canoneer may be a little less useful though

Edited by Codymo7

I really do not understand the point of this post as it is sooooo vague. There is no clear idea as to what is actually being proposed. Are we talking no air units at all? There is also a proposal for no m40/kats. What does that have to do with air units to begin with?

So far it sounds like you want a BF exclusively for tanker class. Let me tell you that airmen and cannoneers would have no interesst what so ever in entering such a BF. 

Furtheremore clarely no consideration has been given to game balance. You cant randomly decide to remove units without affecting game balance unless you modify the map you are playing as well as the vicroty conditions/objectives.

Edited by Immel
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Immel said:

I really do not understand the point of this post as it is sooooo vague. There is no clear idea as to what is actually being proposed. Are we talking no air units at all? There is also a proposal for no m40/kats. What does that have to do with air units to begin with?

So far it sounds like you want a BF exclusively for tanker class. Let me tell you that airmen and cannoneers would have no interesst what so ever in entering such a BF. 

Furtheremore clarely no consideration has been given to game balance. You cant randomly decide to remove units without affecting game balance unless you modify the map you are playing as well as the vicroty conditions/objectives.

I already explained it airman and cannoneer have other uses besides arty and gig. The balancing part comes from removing splash units that would obliterate anything it shoots at. The map would be like cup you get lots of arms for tanks and etc except you dont get bombers or arty. Also this idea was proposed two years ago and alot of people voted yes 

Edited by Slefishfran

I dont think you understand classes or the class system. Please go through the tanker class tree and have a look. You dont need to to go far down the tree only as far as tier 2 and you will notice a HUGE advantage for tankers regarding tank units over ANY other class regarding speed, damage output and defence.

I speak of tank units as you have mentioned removing air units and any other unit that does AoE damage. What does that leave? Oh yeah tanks!!

So basically you are asking other classes to fight with a sizeable handicap; as no other class has such advantages for tanks.

Next what is the objective of the BF and on which map do you propose to play this on? Isles is not possible as you want ground units only, Europe is far too big to be crawling on the ground for 8 days straight. Imperial is also too big so that only leaves Kill chain which is the smallest map. Even on this one there are cities you cannot get to as they are surrounded by water.

But lets forget that for a monent and lets examine what it would look like this Kill cahin BF with ground only and no AoE units. Basically what you get is trench warfare. Leagues would dig into narrow defensible positions such as the narrow area that leads to the big circle where all the lvl11 and up cities are located. 

They would ring this place with AT guns and flak guns and they would use light tanks as cavalry due to speed to try and flank the attacker while the static guns pound the attackers from fixed positions. Everyone would quicky realize that you cannot take out dug in positions with the limited available units they have access to; and simply resign themselves to defending what they have.

The only people that would have fun is the tankers as they would be able to exploit their speed to grab as much territory as possible in the early game before the positions get reinforced rendering them unassailable. Oh what fun 8 days of sitting still...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Immel said:

I dont think you understand classes or the class system. Please go through the tanker class tree and have a look. You dont need to to go far down the tree only as far as tier 2 and you will notice a HUGE advantage for tankers regarding tank units over ANY other class regarding speed, damage output and defence.

I speak of tank units as you have mentioned removing air units and any other unit that does AoE damage. What does that leave? Oh yeah tanks!!

So basically you are asking other classes to fight with a sizeable handicap; as no other class has such advantages for tanks.

Next what is the objective of the BF and on which map do you propose to play this on? Isles is not possible as you want ground units only, Europe is far too big to be crawling on the ground for 8 days straight. Imperial is also too big so that only leaves Kill chain which is the smallest map. Even on this one there are cities you cannot get to as they are surrounded by water.

But lets forget that for a monent and lets examine what it would look like this Kill cahin BF with ground only and no AoE units. Basically what you get is trench warfare. Leagues would dig into narrow defensible positions such as the narrow area that leads to the big circle where all the lvl11 and up cities are located. 

They would ring this place with AT guns and flak guns and they would use light tanks as cavalry due to speed to try and flank the attacker while the static guns pound the attackers from fixed positions. Everyone would quicky realize that you cannot take out dug in positions with the limited available units they have access to; and simply resign themselves to defending what they have.

The only people that would have fun is the tankers as they would be able to exploit their speed to grab as much territory as possible in the early game before the positions get reinforced rendering them unassailable. Oh what fun 8 days of sitting still...

This sounds about right to me. I don't really see any point in doing a ground only map to begin with, as it would be excessively slow, maneuvering mid battle would be dangerous (Not to mention impossible without blitz speed.) The only way to actually correctly do this would be with tanker class only, and even then it would be nearly impossible due to the class restrictions, as stated above.