World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shielding and play balance

Sykes

First I love this game have been plying it for the last 18 months and enjoy it very much. Over the last several months the game is becoming less enjoyable, mostly due to a shield glitch and shielding in total. In a previous field we were actively attacking the city and the player was able to activate a shield on the city. Second, look at the attached photo you will notice 4 cities all from the same league that we were attacking put shields up and this league must have shielded cities 12 times during the one field. How can you play a realtime strategy game when people can shield all the time with no real consequences for shielding. When they did this it ended our attacks! They get to put their troops and any other league members troops in their shielded city, then they can attack anytime the want even with the troops in the shielded city! There needs to be a negative consequence for shielding. Maybe only the owners troops can be in the city protected the others are ejected from the army base or airbase, the turrets stop attacking, you can not end the shield until the timer expires, you can not collect resources from the city or connected zones. When a member shields no of his troops can attack until the timers runs out.  I know you need to make money but the use of shields has become a big problem, and it is make worse by giving shield away in the daily bonus, and selling shield packs. When a player reaches a certain rank, he should not be permitted to shield ever other then the first 8 hours at the start of a field.

IMG_0209.PNG

Edited by Sykes
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, Sykes said:

First I love this game have been plying it for the last 18 months and enjoy it very much. Over the last several months the game is becoming less enjoyable, mostly due to a shield glitch and shielding in total. In a previous field we were actively attacking the city and the player was able to activate a shield on the city. Second, look at the attached photo you will notice 4 cities all from the same league that we were attacking put shields up and this league must have shielded cities 12 times during the one field. How can you play a realtime strategy game when people can shield all the time with no real consequences for shielding. When they did this it ended our attacks! They get to put their troops and any other league members troops in their shielded city, then they can attack anytime the want even with the troops in the shielded city! There needs to be a negative consequence for shielding. Maybe only the owners troops can be in the city protected the others are ejected from the army base or airbase, the turrets stop attacking, you can not end the shield until the timer expires, you can not collect resources from the city or connected zones. When a member shields no of his troops can attack until the timers runs out.  I know you need to make money but the use of shields has become a big problem, and it is make worse by giving shield away in the daily bonus, and selling shield packs. When a player reaches a certain rank, he should not be permitted to shield ever other then the first 8 hours at the start of a field.

IMG_0209.PNG

This is a sensitive topic, and Shielding could possibly have a cool down soon (Mods did a pole the other day to ask us about it). But I will say this: Anything that could limit income probably wont be implemented. I'm not really a big spender, but these kind of things just generally don't get people anywhere.