World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gold Spending

Iggy112

How is everyone spending their gold these days?  Have you diverted all your spending to the tech tree now?   Are you holding more gold in reserve for the future tech tree costs?   Have you choked off all spending on troop technology altogether?

Since we have not been provided with complete information on future tech tree costs,  I am personally hoarding more gold these days, since I do not want the tech tree progress to become potentially impeded in another few weeks/months.

Any thoughts?

• Upvote 1

How is everyone spending their gold these days?  Have you diverted all your spending to the tech tree now?   Are you holding more gold in reserve for the future tech tree costs?   Have you choked off all spending on troop technology altogether?

Since we have not been provided with complete information on future tech tree costs,  I am personally hoarding more gold these days, since I do not want the tech tree progress to become potentially impeded in another few weeks/months.

Any thoughts?

I am hoarding for the class upgrades. WeFew is putting a chart together that we will publish soon. 

So far, up to about 90 points in, it looks like the monthly gold package will keep up with it. But it falls behind after that.

for example:

The 97th point cost 24,800 gold and takes 109 hours and the 98th point is 25,800 gold and takes 110 hours.

So 110 hours is 4.58 days and the 5 days on the gold package would net you 25,000 gold, or 800 short. 

the main reason im personally saving is we dont know where all of the threshold jumps are and what the increase will be. Like you i dont want my lab not cooking at all.

• Upvote 1

I find its very hard to judge at this point what is more benefetial be it leveling certain key units to max gold or unlocking certain class skills. Somethings on paper sound great but its hard to imagine how they will pan out in practice.

Only with time using trial and error can we glean what is more benefitial in the long run. 

I find its very hard to judge at this point what is more benefetial be it leveling certain key units to max gold or unlocking certain class skills. Somethings on paper sound great but its hard to imagine how they will pan out in practice.

Only with time using trial and error can we glean what is more benefitial in the long run. 

A lot of that will depend on your style of play, and your league. I can tell you that in my opinion, certain units should be max gold, it makes a difference. Past that, i can also tell you that the classes will have a large impact on the game, when they ever get them working. As much as, if not more than generals. Generals took a bit to get right as well, so im sure they will get it sorted out eventually.

True Dat...but I don't want to find out 6 months from now that I wasted my time!

Pm me if you want to have some specific discussions on your class, but dont want to publically reveal your choices