World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rethinking defenses

Jasper

I have a lot of experience in this game, and I have realized that the attacker always has a huge advantage against an offline defender. I think this could use a little balancing. To do so, I have 2 suggestions

1."fortify" option for defensive units - this game has defensive units(AA, AT, and arty), but these units are very fragile and if the defender is offline, they can usually be taken out without much of a fight. I think there should be a new button ability for these units called fortify or something like that(like tanks have the button ability forced march). When the button is pressed that unit will start a countdown(much like setting a defensive unit up) except instead of lasting for a minute, it lasts for an hour or more. Once complete, the unit will be set up, but instead of sandbags around the unit there should be barbed wire or concrete. The defensive unit is now fortified, and should gain extra defense, maybe some damage, and a little range so fortified arty have an edge against their set up attacking counterparts.  Because of its hour long setup timer, fortify would be used only on defense to make defensive lines, and would make defensive units defend much better, as attackers would have to strategize more to take out defensive positions, even if the defender is offline.

2. Defensive blockhouses and bunkers - another solution to making stronger defenses is adding defensive buildings. These would work much like they do in the game RUSE. A player should be able to build bunkers, blockhouses, and pillboxes anywhere on their territory(not in roads or forests) These should automatically fire on anything red. Also, maybe they should need to be manned by an infantry squad, and can be captured by enemy infantry. This would make infantry useful and would make defending your city or rss zones more possible.

thanks for reading!

Sorry but I disagree with this idea, this game cannot be played the way you suggest. It makes no difference what kind of defences you have in place they cannot stop a determined opponent.

Nor should the game be redesigned with this in mind. City defences are not meant to stop an invading army, only to slow it down for reinforcements to arrive. Only an army can help defend and defeat an invading force. The city defences are just a defensive advantage not meant to be an overwhelming deterrent.