World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Turret targeting is completely unfair

spyro58

So here I am, casually attacking a city. I haven't played the game in a while, but I still remember what to do. Tactics: send in tanks first to take the damage, then stugs afterwards. I expected to win however suddenly I saw the turrets hitting the STUGS even though the TANKS were in front of them, like far infront of them. This makes tanks almost completely useless when invading cities. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN that means that players only need to spam stugs to win a battle, since tanks dont take any damage anymore. This makes the game boring since the only units really used now to cap cities is arty and stugs. This really annoyed me since I lost the battle even though the player that I was attacking was offline. 

Suggestion? Change the offline turret mechanics back to the closest units first. And also change it so that aircraft are not targeted first, and ground units are primary targets, that way no flying meatshields can exist, since the flying units will be killed only after ground units have been completely annihalated.

Thanks for listening to my opinion.

So here I am, casually attacking a city. I haven't played the game in a while, but I still remember what to do. Tactics: send in tanks first to take the damage, then stugs afterwards. I expected to win however suddenly I saw the turrets hitting the STUGS even though the TANKS were in front of them, like far infront of them. This makes tanks almost completely useless when invading cities. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN that means that players only need to spam stugs to win a battle, since tanks dont take any damage anymore. This makes the game boring since the only units really used now to cap cities is arty and stugs. This really annoyed me since I lost the battle even though the player that I was attacking was offline. 

Suggestion? Change the offline turret mechanics back to the closest units first. And also change it so that aircraft are not targeted first, and ground units are primary targets, that way no flying meatshields can exist, since the flying units will be killed only after ground units have been completely annihalated.

Thanks for listening to my opinion.

The is how it looks like turrets and towers target.

Target physically on turret/tower > Lowest health target in range > first target in range > Target that poses most threat (usually stugs)

So park the tank on top of the turret and it will switch, or better yet, park an aircraft since the turret has a much lower attack vs aircraft

if you send in a tank first, and it takes damage, the turret wont switch to the stug unless the stug has damage already. If they all enter range at the same time (like when dropped from a transport), and they are all at full health, and nothing is on top of the turret, it will shoot the stugs because they pose the greatest threat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alright thanks but I still think turret targeting is not fair. I think it should only attack tanks instead since there is literally armies of just stugs attacking a base since tanks are near useless. 

So you want the enemy to target whats best for you not him?

• 1 month later...