World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The best Armada for all situations?

Pluto

Hey guys, Pluto here,

Just wondering what the best army composition is for basically all situations in normal battlefields? (This is excluding tournaments and Isles). I have tried many different compositions but one way or another it is defeated by an aspect I never even considered. My last attempt, a mobile arty, whirlybird aa, and stug did wonderful against cities that had small land armies defending them. Sadly, I was defeated after being surprised by 20 bombers and my aa didn't stand a chance. Post your favorite army comps below! 

• 6 months later...

I usually rush the nearest naval base and get to battleships and Tigers as soon as possible without compromising city defense.

In my last game, I had an 18 battleship (5 Bismarck, 13 NC) navy with 3 supporting cruisers, 4 transports, and a Yorktown aircraft carrier. My land/air army was 14 StuGs, 3 Tiger IIs, 2 Mäuse, 6 M101s, 6 B-29s, 2 Mustangs, and 2 Gigants.

I would parachute in infantry as needed. Never got Katyushas or jet fighters because I supply capped and the game ended at that point.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27.05.2017 at 4:54 AM, Pluto said:

Hey guys, Pluto here,

Just wondering what the best army composition is for basically all situations in normal battlefields? (This is excluding tournaments and Isles). I have tried many different compositions but one way or another it is defeated by an aspect I never even considered. My last attempt, a mobile arty, whirlybird aa, and stug did wonderful against cities that had small land armies defending them. Sadly, I was defeated after being surprised by 20 bombers and my aa didn't stand a chance. Post your favorite army comps below! 

With 14-15 whirleys you can easily kill 20 strategic bombers. Actually your combination is good. I guess the armanent upgrades in technologyand tech tree are unsufficient.

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:54 AM, Pluto said:

Hey guys, Pluto here,

I've been experimenting with a few different tactics and I find that countering bombers is a lot easier with a mix of Flak-41+salvo ability and wirbel winds. I've been able to get the flak-41 over 6k damage against aircraft, so I highly recommend. A mixture of rockets and arty is useful. don't usually use a lot of aircraft but a few jets are good for dog fights over water/enemy territory. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

I've been experimenting with a few different tactics and I find that countering bombers is a lot easier with a mix of Flak-41+salvo ability and wirbel winds. I've been able to get the flak-41 over 6k damage against aircraft, so I highly recommend. A mixture of rockets and arty is useful. don't usually use a lot of aircraft but a few jets are good for dog fights over water/enemy territory. 

That is our experience as well. The issue with over-reliance on flaks is two-fold. 

1. Salvo last 5 minutes (with a 30 minute cooldown), many fights last longer.

2. Now that the enemy can see your buffs (a moronic change i.m.o) they can see when to hold/commit bombers to when your salvo wears off. 

So make sure you keep a good mix and save the flaks salvo for when you REALLY need the extra punch.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Although I’ve been lately just running the meta (M40 and Flakpanzer spam) I’ve been considering adopting to other ideas such as howitzers and tanks. With tanker class, you can help your stugs and all tanks gain tons of bonus defense against M40, howitzers, and BM-13’s. 

Tanks also do good damage against vehicles while having superior defense and HP. However, there are a few things to be careful of when using tanks against M40 and BM-13’s:

1. Tanks can only damage a single enemy unit at a time, whereas M40 and BM-13’s have Area of Effect damage.

2. M40, BM-13’s, in cup and sometimes middle stage, Howitzers, gain extra damage while in forests. Tanks do not however. 

3. Light tanks and Shermans have to be expanded to be close to or match the damage and HP that most M40 in the game have without expansion. 

So, after taking all of that into consideration, let’s go over some ways to beat M40 (in particular) with tanks:

1. Tanker class is the best counter to cannoneer class. Tanker class improves the attack of all tanks, the speed of all tanks, and also has bonus defense buffs for medium, light, heavy, and super tanks against artillery units. It also has the “All Hail the King” allied ability that increases all allied/teammates’ troops near any of your king tigers that are Airman or Cannoneer themselves. Along with all of that, at tier 3 you can unlock the super blitz tactic buff upgrade in Tanker class. 

2. Spreading out your tanks and surrounding M40 can do 2 things. #1, it can cause the M40 to attack only one, two, or a certain smaller group of tanks while your tanks are collectively one-shotting each M40 that are all clumped up and easy targets. #2, although very difficult, you can lure M40 away from the main group and pick them off with a single tank or two off to the side. Allowing you to grab some east pick-offs. 

3. Having stand firm along with bonus defense buffs from tanker class on your tanks will seriously lower the damage your tanks take from M40. This will allow your tanks to not just reach th M40, but obviously die less quickly as you take out the enemy M40. 

4. Use support units/combined arms. Now, this is considering you nor the opponent has any bombers. In an all ground fight the typical balance is tanks and stugs or M40 and stugs. With some experimentation, tanks and howitzers have proven to counter a clumsy M40 in many of my engagements with this composition. Let the tanks take all the hits, and keep both your tanks and your howitzers spread out to avoid AoE damage.

These tips are focused towards helping using tanks in a ground war, obviously tanks can’t shoot bombers or navy. But in an all-out ground war, hopefully some of these tips will help out. 

-L1onHeart 

Edited by Bush1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/9/2018 at 8:01 PM, Bush1 said:

Although I’ve been lately just running the meta (M40 and Flakpanzer spam) I’ve been considering adopting to other ideas such as howitzers and tanks. With tanker class, you can help your stugs and all tanks gain tons of bonus defense against M40, howitzers, and BM-13’s. 

Tanks also do good damage against vehicles while having superior defense and HP. However, there are a few things to be careful of when using tanks against M40 and BM-13’s:

1. Tanks can only damage a single enemy unit at a time, whereas M40 and BM-13’s have Area of Effect damage.

2. M40, BM-13’s, in cup and sometimes middle stage, Howitzers, gain extra damage while in forests. Tanks do not however. 

3. Light tanks and Shermans have to be expanded to be close to or match the damage and HP that most M40 in the game have without expansion. 

So, after taking all of that into consideration, let’s go over some ways to beat M40 (in particular) with tanks:

1. Tanker class is the best counter to cannoneer class. Tanker class improves the attack of all tanks, the speed of all tanks, and also has bonus defense buffs for medium, light, heavy, and super tanks against artillery units. It also has the “All Hail the King” allied ability that increases all allied/teammates’ troops near any of your king tigers that are Airman or Cannoneer themselves. Along with all of that, at tier 3 you can unlock the super blitz tactic buff upgrade in Tanker class. 

2. Spreading out your tanks and surrounding M40 can do 2 things. #1, it can cause the M40 to attack only one, two, or a certain smaller group of tanks while your tanks are collectively one-shotting each M40 that are all clumped up and easy targets. #2, although very difficult, you can lure M40 away from the main group and pick them off with a single tank or two off to the side. Allowing you to grab some east pick-offs. 

3. Having stand firm along with bonus defense buffs from tanker class on your tanks will seriously lower the damage your tanks take from M40. This will allow your tanks to not just reach th M40, but obviously die less quickly as you take out the enemy M40. 

4. Use support units/combined arms. Now, this is considering you nor the opponent has any bombers. In an all ground fight the typical balance is tanks and stugs or M40 and stugs. With some experimentation, tanks and howitzers have proven to counter a clumsy M40 in many of my engagements with this composition. Let the tanks take all the hits, and keep both your tanks and your howitzers spread out to avoid AoE damage.

These tips are focused towards helping using tanks in a ground war, obviously tanks can’t shoot bombers or navy. But in an all-out ground war, hopefully some of these tips will help out. 

-L1onHeart 

Excellent thoughts, you're definitely on the right track.

• 2 months later...

I know it's been a minute since this has been posted in, but I've been spending a lot of time actually playing with cannoneer class and utilizing the different units it effects. There are some important things to keep in mind while using this class.

1. Bofors and howitzers don't do anywhere as much damage and are extremely frail when compared to their counterparts. However, they have something that only a few other units in the game have: Extreme range.

2. Flak units only have a limited amount of AoE damage, but do large amounts of damage to a single aircraft.

3. You get extra damage and defense against aircraft.

Keeping all of these things in mind, you are going to want to make sure you do the following:

1. Use effective mixes of all units types. Bofors and howitzers shouldn't be shunned for their LC counterparts.

2. EXPAND. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this to people. At level 5, howitzers can do massive amounts of damage to enemy armor and m40, and they have range to counter them, the same goes for bofors.

3. Do not drop m40 and howitzers up in the same spots as m40, and the same goes for bofors with your flak/flakpanzers. You have extra range on them, utilize it! They aren't built to take hits like m40 and will quickly be slaughtered by just about any unit that attacks it.

4. you are built to counter air units, UTILIZE THIS. Do not neglect protecting your tankers from airman, who tear them to shreds if you leave them alone.

5. Spread your troops out. Because of your high damage out put and AOE, enemies with m40 spam will likely target your troops first. Don't allow you're troops to be slaughtered instantly by being lazy.

6. Do no drop your m40 and howitzers when you attack cities if you are using transports. It's possible to survive from this, but a clever enemy can outmaneuver you if you do this, forcing you into large clumps or putting large portions of your units out of range of their attack. It's difficult and slow to spread on the ground. Not to mention that m40 and howitzers will ruin cities with AOE damage and require long rebuilds.

Keeping all of these things in mind, you can become a much more effective cannoneer and effectively counter m40 spams and the likes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...