World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Game improvement

Captrazor

This is a message to the developers and players. 

Hello all and and thanks for reading.  I've been playing this game for quite a long time now and would consider myself a veteran. I've played the game, lived with the growing pains, and seen it become a pretty solid strategy game. The developers have listened to a few of the suggestions passed up by the players and have let a few of us help in the process of making this game more enjoyable for everyone.  Which is a good thing.  However, some of us vets are starting to lose interest due to a few key factors of any game in which players love it get bored and then leave it.  Developers and players please read and please offer your insights and suggestions if you have any.  So like I've said, I've seen the game change over time, for the better, and also for the worse. There have been a three battle field maps, and then one tournament map over the past almost 2 years of existence. 1:  In my opinion, developers, boredom has set in of the same ole same ole map.  Please incorporate a selection of maps to play on. Big, multiple league maps, and small maybe only 4 league battlefield maps.  Also make there a way for a league to challenge another league on a one on one map.  2: gems.  I know it's a necessity. You developers need to get paid. I get it. But players of a strategy game need to know that their own personal strategy can win a map, not the amount of money you spend to win it.  I have been a witness of some pretty crazy things people will do with their gems in order to win.  Like I said, it's a strategy game.  You need to incorporate either a no gem battlefield, or a max gem you can use battlefield, like 5,000diamonds for the whole 8 days or something.  Its gotten pretty rediculous lately.  3: you need to add more units. Like stupas, half tracks, anti tank infantry, or something.  The same units are old and boring. Everyone knows what the best units are and build only them. A ww2 ear based game needs to see a bit more diversity in the unit selection.  Also, some aren't gonna like it, but the usual tactic that people play with is to get your giant transports, fill them full of troops and then go poop them out over someone's city and then win.  As far as being a realistic tactic, when in ww2 did you ever hear of a platoon of tiger tanks, m40s, aa tanks and stugs ever come dumping out of a spruce goose looking airplane and capture a city?? Never. Why would we want to play that way on a strategy game over and over, city after city until the map is won?  Get rid of the mass airborne drops and make people march their army to someone's city.  Make the maps smaller more realistic.  I've said this one before and I'll say it again, make turrets able to select what they attack. This helps an online player defend a city.  Lastly make a 8 hour shield with a 24 hour cool down.  Tired of people using shields over and over.  Anyhow. Thanks for reading. Please developers take these suggestions to heart and realize that If some changes aren't made soon, you'll see more and more vets and new players alike lose interest.  Capt out.  

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, Captrazor said:

Hello all and and thanks for reading.  I've been playing this game for quite a long time now and would consider myself a veteran. I've played the game, lived with the growing pains, and seen it become a pretty solid strategy game. The developers have listened to a few of the suggestions passed up by the players and have let a few of us help in the process of making this game more enjoyable for everyone.  Which is a good thing.  However, some of us vets are starting to lose interest due to a few key factors of any game in which players love it get bored and then leave it.  Developers and players please read and please offer your insights and suggestions if you have any.  So like I've said, I've seen the game change over time, for the better, and also for the worse. There have been a three battle field maps, and then one tournament map over the past almost 2 years of existence. 1:  In my opinion, developers, boredom has set in of the same ole same ole map.  Please incorporate a selection of maps to play on. Big, multiple league maps, and small maybe only 4 league battlefield maps.  Also make there a way for a league to challenge another league on a one on one map.  2: gems.  I know it's a necessity. You developers need to get paid. I get it. But players of a strategy game need to know that their own personal strategy can win a map, not the amount of money you spend to win it.  I have been a witness of some pretty crazy things people will do with their gems in order to win.  Like I said, it's a strategy game.  You need to incorporate either a no gem battlefield, or a max gem you can use battlefield, like 5,000diamonds for the whole 8 days or something.  Its gotten pretty rediculous lately.  3: you need to add more units. Like stupas, half tracks, anti tank infantry, or something.  The same units are old and boring. Everyone knows what the best units are and build only them. A ww2 ear based game needs to see a bit more diversity in the unit selection.  Also, some aren't gonna like it, but the usual tactic that people play with is to get your giant transports, fill them full of troops and then go poop them out over someone's city and then win.  As far as being a realistic tactic, when in ww2 did you ever hear of a platoon of tiger tanks, m40s, aa tanks and stugs ever come dumping out of a spruce goose looking airplane and capture a city?? Never. Why would we want to play that way on a strategy game over and over, city after city until the map is won?  Get rid of the mass airborne drops and make people march their army to someone's city.  Make the maps smaller more realistic.  I've said this one before and I'll say it again, make turrets able to select what they attack. This helps an online player defend a city.  Lastly make a 8 hour shield with a 24 hour cool down.  Tired of people using shields over and over.  Anyhow. Thanks for reading. Please developers take these suggestions to heart and realize that If some changes aren't made soon, you'll see more and more vets and new players alike lose interest.  Capt out.  

I agree with Capt. 2 things that really need to be looked into is turrets that can target. It's seems pretty unfair that a city with Lvl 12 turrets can be completely destroyed with only a few stugs and bombers with gigs or scouts covering turrets. A defender that's online should be able to chose if he wants to target ground forces 1st or specific air targets. Also it would be good to set s limit on daily gem usage.  5k-8k an Day would probably be a god start. I fully understand that gems are how this game makes its $$$ but it has become rediculas lately. Also constant shield after shield after shield in a map. I understand one shield per 12 hours with a 4 hour cool down or something. I've been playing for a long time now and to be honest this game is getting extremely boring. Load up trooos fly over enemy city drop troops place scouts/ gigs over turrets and cap city. Even if the guys online he truly can't defend his city because I have virtually taken his defense( turrets) out of the equation 

• Upvote 3

Hello! I would like to add my ideas and thoughts to the game:
1. Prohibit the revival of players in the cup and can be on the battlefield, except cadets. Real players can with the help of friends and so grab the city with a landing for tactical points and continue the game!
    Developers! If you want I can tell you how many in this game enjoy the eternal shield, the prohibition of rebirth, as I suggested eradicating this problem.
2. Has anyone read the description of the cup? It says that only one league needs to stay alive! I propose to ban alliances on cups or limit them in the amount of one for each league. Each league only for itself, any conspiracy, is punished by deprivation of glasses and the league is awarded defeat, punish right up to the ban. To do this, on each field of the cup should be an administrator who monitors the integrity of the game, you can also record the logs of the game of cups and chats of the leagues so as not to conspire!
3. In addition to new maps (such as the world map or other players' fantasies), you can introduce new leagues of leagues:
2x2 format, two leagues against the other two leagues, while any leagues can fall (that is, they can give the league as a hostile league with which bad attitudes and beginners, will have to help and endure each other for the sake of victory)
3x3 format, all the same, everyone can dream up on this topic

The game must be reformed and the cup too. While on the cup I see only one thing: how two three leagues conspire and divide places by defeating the others single-handedly. Alas, this does not pop the cup.
I think many will bring something new in this thread, I will limit myself to this for the time being. Thank you for attention

You can change the turret completely, and make it so that it can simultaneously attack and air targets and ground, the turret has an antiaircraft gun and there are anti-tank guns, or even add a new building, for example, a bunker that attacks ground troops, and the turret is only airborne

• Upvote 1

• Guest pinned this topic
On April 5, 2017 at 4:38 PM, InHaLe said:

Hello! I would like to add my ideas and thoughts to the game:
1. Prohibit the revival of players in the cup and can be on the battlefield, except cadets. Real players can with the help of friends and so grab the city with a landing for tactical points and continue the game!
    Developers! If you want I can tell you how many in this game enjoy the eternal shield, the prohibition of rebirth, as I suggested eradicating this problem.
2. Has anyone read the description of the cup? It says that only one league needs to stay alive! I propose to ban alliances on cups or limit them in the amount of one for each league. Each league only for itself, any conspiracy, is punished by deprivation of glasses and the league is awarded defeat, punish right up to the ban. To do this, on each field of the cup should be an administrator who monitors the integrity of the game, you can also record the logs of the game of cups and chats of the leagues so as not to conspire!
3. In addition to new maps (such as the world map or other players' fantasies), you can introduce new leagues of leagues:
2x2 format, two leagues against the other two leagues, while any leagues can fall (that is, they can give the league as a hostile league with which bad attitudes and beginners, will have to help and endure each other for the sake of victory)
3x3 format, all the same, everyone can dream up on this topic

The game must be reformed and the cup too. While on the cup I see only one thing: how two three leagues conspire and divide places by defeating the others single-handedly. Alas, this does not pop the cup.
I think many will bring something new in this thread, I will limit myself to this for the time being. Thank you for attention

You can change the turret completely, and make it so that it can simultaneously attack and air targets and ground, the turret has an antiaircraft gun and there are anti-tank guns, or even add a new building, for example, a bunker that attacks ground troops, and the turret is only airborne

I have an issue with the 2v2 and 3v3 only because the game used to be set up like that and it was freaking boring. Back then we also didn't have gigs so everyone had to walk, and it took the entire field to win. Now that we have gigs if you get a decent league in that field against a league that's not, it'll be over in 2-3 days cause we only have to kill half the map and then we're stuck for the rest of the field. 

• Upvote 1

Hello All

Razor is right. As the leader of GODz I have literally seen HUNDREDS of good players come and go. First enjoying the game, but then getting bored or burnt out and eventually quitting. Even I have taken two long breaks and encouraged my friends to take breaks. This has been because repetitive gameplay along with the increasingly intense over-use of diamonds and time required to be successful is draining over long periods of time. 

In addition to the ideas listed above, I suggest a cool down period for turret reconstruction and city pacification. It doesn't not make sense for someone to be able to use gems/amethyst for pacifying their city 20+ times... and instantly reconstructing their turrets 50+ times all in the same battle. I've seen it happen as recently as this month. And if you do not place limits on these things, then this game cannot be considered a strategy game... it is pay to win if a player can use gems to ensure that he/she NEVER loses a city no matter what through the use of shields when offline and unlimited reconstruct/pacify of city and turrets when attacked before a shield can be brought up. 

Also, I will acknowledge that the game makers do need to make revenue for the game to continue. But again, there needs to be limits. I know that there are hundreds of players who can and do support this game through spending modestly. I would ask that the developers show their appreciation by starting a special tournament with a buy in fee... for example, each player who wants to compete has to pay $9.99 before entering the map. Each player is then given 2,000 diamonds and 2,000 amethyst. With a bonus for extra amethyst each day of the map depending on Ranking within the battlefield. This would mean each player has the same opportunity. No diamond advantages. Even playing field for all. The best man/woman/ or team will win or lose based on skill. I don't think it would be that hard to implement because this game has already done something similar when you all had a BETA test for Golden Empire. During that time everyone started with same amount of diamonds. No options to buy more. Only difference was you let us in for free instead of charging for entry. Please bring back the golden Empire map (which was a lot of fun) along with an idea like this and I think a lot of players would be interested in trying it out. The gold resources fields that generate gold for players and leagues would be very desirable since now more players realize gold is important for leveling up technology. 

Thank you developers for taking the time to read this !

-KingZeus founder and CEO of the Mighty GODz Dynasty

• Upvote 3

I have to agree with both Captrazor and KingZeus on there topics here.  A large consensus within our League, WrathofGODZ, and several others that I have spoken to feel there is a need of some re-vitalization to the game.  I've been playing for 10 months now and love the game and the concept.  Yes it has improved but overall it gets to the point it needs something more to it.  I wanted to say my suggestions or thoughts on the items.

First off I agree that unit diversity is needed.  The need for other troop options would be nice, I know you guys have worked hard trying to balance the unit types but unfortunately its way to easy to load up say 20 some assault guns and have a dozen AA with bomber support and capture a city quickly.  Which brings me to a second point.

Second I once again agree that turret control is a must, way to easy to fly over and focus on either destroying turrets or even in joint attacks destroying the city in minutes...literally. 

Third is gems/amethyst...I could stop there and everyone reading would have the same response on that.  Here is my thoughts, as everyone repeatedly has stated and everyone knows its the backbone to funding the game.  The problem is however as you have new players or even veterans on here playing we see one thing in common.  The over-EXCESSIVE use of them.  Literally in the battlefield I am currently in we have one person who consistently gems everything.  I will spell it out, she gemmed her city to a level 10 city and over a dozen bombers in less than 24 hours on a battlefield.  Now I get that she has the right to do that and for the most part if that's what i have to battle I will.  My dilemma is this, after multiple battles this person not only demolished several armies but becomes essentially unstoppable on the battlefield becuase she is buying her wins in my opinion.  A great example would be exactly what she is doing, first she attacks a city and then someone will counter attack.  But wait, she gems the city, then the turrets.  Oh she just spent 2K in gems, then she gems the turret from level 7 to 10...not one but ALL...lol.  I'm not done yet so follow me on the wonderful gemming adventure of a lifetime...we have not 1,2, or 3 armies but 4 sitting nearby.  So we counter attack with massive amounts of units.  We are wiped out attempting to take the city as the city is gemmed 4 or 5 times along with turrets, airbase ect - yet another 4 or 5K in gems spent by my calculations..............I'm still not done...lol.  We scrounge up another 3 man team within and hour and focus on that persons capital for some hope diminish some of their moral...Without being long winded she gemmed the city 7 times, the turrets another 11 times along with other items that was gemmed.  Lastly this was just in a couple hour period, this person i think solely supported the game for one whole day...lol, but keep in mind this person has done this for 3 straight days and all we can do is watch in amazement on how much gems are being used.  My point being and I'm not to point out this person but the idea that allowing a person unlimited access to purchasing gems in beyond demoralizing to a league battle one another but all the players on a battlefield.  Point there is how do you keep people playing when someones pocket book is running off newcomers (or in other words other potential spenders).

Fourth is map variety.  We need the ability to have different field options, not only would this improve the game and attract newcomers but keep some of the people leaving because of this.  A variety of maps and field selections would be nice.  Examples would be: Solo Battlefield, League Battlefield, and Tournaments. Offer 1vs1 play.  Offer league match ups like 2v2 like someone else suggested above.  Let the leagues try to have more game interaction other than a generic battlefield or a Tournament that requires constant stress to play and maintain. 

Fifth is shielding...a cool down of some sort is really needed. 

Sixth is unit control.  We need the ability to setup like unit formations.  First off how many battles did you see all the units flying together, i would prefer like a V formation or a circle formation for units to setup around a target.  Allow way points for unit control so you can guide your troops through combat zones.  Speed control...oh this is a biggy for me my jets are a half hour ahead of my bombers, we if we fought like that in WW2 every bomber would have been shoot down...lol.  Setup units to fly protection or something to that extent.

I could continue with more ideas but i will stop. WHY?  Because i truly understand that accomplishing one or even multiple of these items takes hours, i mean hundreds of hours at times for developing, programming and making this happen.  From someone who used to be in the industry i understand just lay out some plans like in 3 months we will have this and so forth that way it will attract people to the idea you are working on it and are making it THE BEST GAME OUT THERE...it has the potential to.

Thank You,

Corpse

• Upvote 4

There are lot of good ideas in this thread so I won't repeat them, I'll just either add to or supplement them.

1. Another thread was asking for shorter game, which I think would go well with the smaller maps idea here. Combine that with limited troop types (no LC troops, limited air, or whatever) and you may have some interesting challenges.

2. I like the idea of limited or no gem maps. To offset the potential loss of revenue, I'm reintroduceing the idea for the ability to purchase national skins. Even if the stats are the same, I know people would pay for the ability to have their troops look like their favorite army.

3. The battle island on rotation with the tournament is a good idea. I'd suggest that you continue it and just add some of these other ideas in the mix. Someone mentioned the golden map, which, as a relative newbie compared to some of these old timers, I've never seen. Free gold is good though so you could add that to the rotation. 

4. Long maps without competition mentioned above is a problem. How about a sudden death victory condition that's map specific. 

Lastly, in reading this thread, it's not just a typical whining thread. There are some dedicated players who really like this game offering ideas to help make it successful. I'd listen.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

Im late replying to a lot becuz real life comes first, but alas im here lol. I have several ideas that i believe will both enhance and above all make this game much more realistic,

1) turret/unit strength must be reflected in turret or that units actual strength in hp. I.e, assume a lvl5 turret is half destroyed by an attacker then the turret in question should b losing its strength in attack...we have all read and studied the tech charts the hps and def of units in game each in turn lists a given damage ratio per minute but if the unit is damaged how can it still b dealing the same damage to ur adversary???

2) i broached this issue twice in the past and ill do so again here. WE NEED TO B ABLE TO CONTROL TURRET FIRE!!! ITS A WASTE OF TIME TO EVEN BUILD A SINGLE TURRET WHEN MY ENEMY SIMPLY USES A HALF DOZEN SCOUTS TO DRAW ITS FIRE, yes i understand the issue is one of writing new code to incorporaye this into the game...if a player has control of his def. It makes building those defs just that much more reasonable. 

3) slow infantry down right now stugs and artillery r the slowest units a stug could move almost as fast as a pziv can we speed it up just a hair here and slow down the running men lol. Seriously though if an m40 can move as fast as a sherman then so should a stug furthermore stugs were infantry assault units why r the stugs now struggling to even damage a light tank? Stugs were created as inf asst weapons but evolved into nasty at units by the time ww2 ended. Designers i applaud u for this creation but lets not simply unify all units into four branches, yet while i understand not every unit can b in this game we need those units that were essential in that war. 

4) motorized infantry...ok i get it but two things here first motor ycles were dispatch riders for the most part and mobile inf were on deuce and a halves, can we have a truck instead of the bike plus the motorized inf moves barely five seconds faster than inf on foot y, they r motorized so should move just as fast as tanks etc...40 diamonds for it so plz if nothing else increase the speed slightly

5) and finally a topic i talked about b4. Mz is of course a military base and as such should not become useless if the parent city falls...mil. bases have their own internal rss. I will say that the base zhould not b allowed to have a factory though, 

Well ppl, enjoy and those of u i know whats up those of u (godz) i cant stand lol go away and play candy crush

A reply to the gemming issue. I agree it is the bank of the game so as not to run off older vets or new rookies lets agree to have a starting limit per day on how many diamonds and stones one can buy or barring this implement a rule within the coding that WILL NOT allow a person to gem their holdings while that holding is under attack!!!  

• 1 month later...
On 8.8.2017 at 9:33 PM, Ronin88 said:

Was für neue Karten würdest du alle gerne sehen? Alles Besonderes in Bezug auf Region, Gelände und andere Features?

6 liga map with 10 per liga or 15 per liga. Every liga start on a island. In Center a Vulkan, in Vulkan is a nuclearsilo. Mission After 2 days  can all take this Island. But for take nuke silo. Liga need 4 commandcenter. Than is nuke free. (Abolute destroy a liga)

That is a nice battle map haha.

Spezial troop Uboat. 

• 1 month later...

I think one thing you could do is make a map with no gigs or large transports, add bridges to all maps and rail roads and transport trucks and navy is never useful, can you make it to where more water in the way like make rivers running every where. Thats why gigs are the problem everyone flys over your navy so navys are useless. 

Edited by GeneralRommel

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2017 at 12:15 PM, Captrazor said:

I totally agree with you, you have said most of what i want to say. We need to get rid of this "everyone has the same unit" action. 

I belive improvments on certain units would accomplish this.

Tanks must be faster. They were the fastest unit on the battlefield then, even the king tigers were fast, not to mention the T-34. (WW2 terms of fast mind you). I belive almost doubling thier speed (without forced march) would bring back thier strength as a formidable unit. And possibly have a AOE reserch option for 3min with 30min cool down. Lets be honest, tanks were the shock and awe of WW2.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I agree on turret targeting.. with mass scout armys. Turrets are useless... we all love our gigs and troops. Sure that's not gonna change.. I think there should be a map just for the vetrens..

Swift Thrust, 6 leagues 20/20. Spaced apart.       Dropped in 6 zones with Rebel citys separating all leagues. 120 Players to 220 citys with established preset date/time just like 6vs6..  But can use LC's . 

I'm more concerned about rookies quiting the game because thier put in the middle of unbeatable odds. No rookies, no future. 

I started a topic about league Divisions.               "Rookies Quiting"    

• Avery unpinned this topic