World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

An Open Letter To Telwar, Noodles, and Capt Razor

KingCB

Hello Telwar, Noodles, and Capt Razor,

Hope you're all having a nice weekend. In case you guys didn't know... League Tournament starts again in 5 days. So will your teams be showing up? If not, then why? Can someone explain to me what this "boycott" is supposed to accomplish? And what the reasoning is behind it? If the reasoning was that the Chinese league cannot be defeated because they have too many diamonds... Well, we just beat them in the last league tournament. And we didn't have to use an excessive amount of diamonds to do it. Instead, we primarily used teamwork and allies. 

In-game boycotts are for changing the culture in games where the developers and staff don't listen to their player base. It's not necessary for this game, because staff and developers DO listen to us. They certainly don't always get things right. But every other week they are working on updates and changes to improve and maintain a fun gaming experience. And many of the changes they implement are ideas that come STRAIGHT from players like you and I making suggestions. 

So what exactly are you boycotting? Too many gems? You and your players are in control of yourselves... If you dont want to buy or use gems then dont. If your enemies buy a lot of them... Then be happy about it. Them spending their money is what keeps this game free for others who choose not to pay. Do your best to beat them anyway regardless of how much they spend. And then... Whether you win or lose, have fun and enjoy the game. And give your strongest effort to relentlessly show your enemies that you are highly skilled, highly motivated, and make sure they that know every time they ever match up with you they are going to have the battle of their lives... Win, Lose, or Draw... Represent your League and fight for the glory of your team. 

As the defending champions of the Season 2 League Tournament, we are excited about the new start. But it just won't be as great as it could be unless the best teams in the game show up. So will you answer the call? The most challenging and exciting part of our favorite war game... Will you show up and have fun and do your best? If not, then why??? 

Sincerely,

ZeusOfGODz

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, KingCB said:

Hello Telwar, Noodles, and Capt Razor,

Hope you're all having a nice weekend. In case you guys didn't know... League Tournament starts again in 5 days. So will your teams be showing up? If not, then why? Can someone explain to me what this "boycott" is supposed to accomplish? And what the reasoning is behind it? If the reasoning was that the Chinese league cannot be defeated because they have too many diamonds... Well, we just beat them in the last league tournament. And we didn't have to use an excessive amount of diamonds to do it. Instead, we primarily used teamwork and allies. 

In-game boycotts are for changing the culture in games where the developers and staff don't listen to their player base. It's not necessary for this game, because staff and developers DO listen to us. They certainly don't always get things right. But every other week they are working on updates and changes to improve and maintain a fun gaming experience. And many of the changes they implement are ideas that come STRAIGHT from players like you and I making suggestions. 

So what exactly are you boycotting? Too many gems? You and your players are in control of yourselves... If you dont want to buy or use gems then dont. If your enemies buy a lot of them... Then be happy about it. Them spending their money is what keeps this game free for others who choose not to pay. Do your best to beat them anyway regardless of how much they spend. And then... Whether you win or lose, have fun and enjoy the game. And give your strongest effort to relentlessly show your enemies that you are highly skilled, highly motivated, and make sure they that know every time they ever match up with you they are going to have the battle of their lives... Win, Lose, or Draw... Represent your League and fight for the glory of your team. 

As the defending champions of the Season 2 League Tournament, we are excited about the new start. But it just won't be as great as it could be unless the best teams in the game show up. So will you answer the call? The most challenging and exciting part of our favorite war game... Will you show up and have fun and do your best? If not, then why??? 

Sincerely,

ZeusOfGODz

First of all, you have guts for saying this. I also agree with you on that last season you beat the Chinese league with out many gems. It showed teamwork and cooperation. This is all good until you note how you did it.

Yes, you had help from allies. Could you have done it without their help? I highly doubt it. I am going to infer it was a little challenging organizing everybody in coordinated attacks on the Chinese league. Isn't Allied chat a blessing for this reason right? Oh wait, ITS NOT THERE ANYMORE. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but the post about you guys working together and removing allied Chat is a bit ironic.

Now you might ask, "Florian! He is talking about gems. Not allied chat you dumb f*ck! Go to hell! How dare you disagree with the leader of the top league!". I would respond with: First uhhh, calm yourself. Next, If it is nearly impossible to coordinate attacks together with other leagues, then people will be less incentivized it that way. They would look for other ways for example GEMMING. This season 3, I bet my damned arse, will have much more Gemming than usual for this reason.

-Florian, the sometimes if triggered, Ranter

^ I am not trying to dis anyone in the chat above! ^

5 hours ago, Florian said:

First of all, you have guts for saying this. I also agree with you on that last season you beat the Chinese league with out many gems. It showed teamwork and cooperation. This is all good until you note how you did it.

Yes, you had help from allies. Could you have done it without their help? I highly doubt it. I am going to infer it was a little challenging organizing everybody in coordinated attacks on the Chinese league. Isn't Allied chat a blessing for this reason right? Oh wait, ITS NOT THERE ANYMORE. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but the post about you guys working together and removing allied Chat is a bit ironic.

Now you might ask, "Florian! He is talking about gems. Not allied chat you dumb f*ck! Go to hell! How dare you disagree with the leader of the top league!". I would respond with: First uhhh, calm yourself. Next, If it is nearly impossible to coordinate attacks together with other leagues, then people will be less incentivized it that way. They would look for other ways for example GEMMING. This season 3, I bet my damned arse, will have much more Gemming than usual for this reason.

-Florian, the sometimes if triggered, Ranter

^ I am not trying to dis anyone in the chat above! ^

Hi Florian,

You made a very valid and lucid point. We fought the Chinese league by ourselves for the first days of the match. But you are right that our allies played an integral part in helping us to defeat the Chinese league. 2-3 players from NATO, and I think 2 players from Cocidius came and joined with us in the final climatic battle which ended the Chinese league's reign. A couple of members from Thorpak League also contributed by attacking the Chinese league's resources on the edges while we were advancing (which distracted them and forced them to address attacks on multiple fronts). The other leagues were, at times, hesitant to say the least. GODz doesn't have a strong track record of working together with other leagues. So it felt like pulling teeth trying to get everyone coordinated and on board with aggressively attacking the Chinese league. 

We have also beaten the Chinese league in league tourney several other times including twice with no allied help at all. 

But to answer your concern... Players need to focus on SOLUTIONS, not problems. Yes, the developers UNBELIEVABLY took away allied chat one week after allied coordination was a huge reason for a great victory in league tournament. It's disappointing and maybe even a bit suspicious. But so what? We will still fight them anyway. If we decide to ally with other leagues I will communicate and coordinate with friends right in main chat. Many within the Chinese league seem to not understand English anyway. And even if they do, i don't care. Whether it's spoken in chat or not, they KNOW we are coming. Relentlessly. Allied chat doesn't work... Then we will use pm, mail, and/or main chat in the battlefield and still organize anyway. Or we will use KiK chat. Or simply fight with no allies and do our best on our own. And as far as gems go, if we have some to use then great. If we don't have any, then we will do our best anyway. Simple. 

2 hours ago, KingCB said:Hi Florian,

You made a very valid and lucid point. We fought the Chinese league by ourselves for the first days of the match. But you are right that our allies played an integral part in helping us to defeat the Chinese league. 2-3 players from NATO, and I think 2 players from Cocidius came and joined with us in the final climatic battle which ended the Chinese league's reign. A couple of members from Thorpak League also contributed by attacking the Chinese league's resources on the edges while we were advancing (which distracted them and forced them to address attacks on multiple fronts). The other leagues were, at times, hesitant to say the least. GODz doesn't have a strong track record of working together with other leagues. So it felt like pulling teeth trying to get everyone coordinated and on board with aggressively attacking the Chinese league. 

We have also beaten the Chinese league in league tourney several other times including twice with no allied help at all. 

But to answer your concern... Players need to focus on SOLUTIONS, not problems. Yes, the developers UNBELIEVABLY took away allied chat one week after allied coordination was a huge reason for a great victory in league tournament. It's disappointing and maybe even a bit suspicious. But so what? We will still fight them anyway. If we decide to ally with other leagues I will communicate and coordinate with friends right in main chat. Many within the Chinese league seem to not understand English anyway. And even if they do, i don't care. Whether it's spoken in chat or not, they KNOW we are coming. Relentlessly. Allied chat doesn't work... Then we will use pm, mail, and/or main chat in the battlefield and still organize anyway. Or we will use KiK chat. Or simply fight with no allies and do our best on our own. And as far as gems go, if we have some to use then great. If we don't have any, then we will do our best anyway. Simple. 

I agree with this, kik or line will probably be used. I also agree that the other leagues need to stop complaining and actually fight. Well done King CB.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So glad I showed up for one round with the Chinese. Sarcasm injected.  Was faced with various forms or cheating to include, but not limited to, users with multiple accounts, or jail broken phones, a unlimited heal glitch, all members with impossible specific troop count for stage of play, a reward given for an invalid amount of cities captured, and so on.  If you feel like telling me that this is how you're suppose to play the game and that I'm suppose to just deal with it, I fear you have misjudged the reason why we boycotted season 2.  And until this has been address, we will boycott future involvment in cup battles.  It's not even about the gemming, if you feel like you need to spend untold amounts of money on a game to help your chances of winning, well that's on you. But to allow this form of unfair gameplay as stated above, well that's on all of us. This is really, truly a great game when the rules are abided by. Oh and next time, worry about your own league. You don't control this one, we'll choose to do what we wish. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a good topic and I'm glad CB brought it up. I only heard about the Persuade glitch after one of our players (apparently) was banned for it. Jane, we'd still like to know if he was banned or if he just quit. I knew he had something that I didn't know, because he seemed unbeatable in some battles when I was watching him. And in Isles he basically took the middle island after the first day. Regardless, I'm hopeful that anything like this continues to be fixed and players get kicked.

I'd much prefer a limit on gems in Cup. Maybe limit blue gems and raise the purple gems in Cup and give missions that give you those. Similar to Isles with Gold. I've fought against guys that gemmed their city and turrets more than 20 times and constantly gemmed troops. That's just insane and not at all how the game "should" be played. I imagine you all make the overwhelming majority of money in regular battlefields, not Cup. Maybe I'm wrong. 

As for alliance chat, it's not convenient but Chat groups work well. I'm sure everyone's figured that out by now, but thought I'd mention it. 

As for cracked versions of the game, not sure how to handle that. Jane, can you keep stats on damage done, etc? Surely it would be obvious if someone was hacking. 

• Upvote 2

On November 30, 2016 at 1:06 AM, Captrazor said:

So glad I showed up for one round with the Chinese. Sarcasm injected.  Was faced with various forms or cheating to include, but not limited to, users with multiple accounts, or jail broken phones, a unlimited heal glitch, all members with impossible specific troop count for stage of play, a reward given for an invalid amount of cities captured, and so on.  If you feel like telling me that this is how you're suppose to play the game and that I'm suppose to just deal with it, I fear you have misjudged the reason why we boycotted season 2.  And until this has been address, we will boycott future involvment in cup battles.  It's not even about the gemming, if you feel like you need to spend untold amounts of money on a game to help your chances of winning, well that's on you. But to allow this form of unfair gameplay as stated above, well that's on all of us. This is really, truly a great game when the rules are abided by. Oh and next time, worry about your own league. You don't control this one, we'll choose to do what we wish. 

Sorry i didnt see this until today. Ive been too busy to pay much attention to the forums here. 

Im glad that MajorD was able to lead your teams in league tourney in spite of your position stated above. He did a great job and so did others within your team. No league beat the Chinese this time around, but most of us sure had a lot of fun enjoying the challenge and competing the best we could. 

About "unfair gameplay" you need to realize that life isnt fair Lol. Others might always have advantages that you dont have in life and in games. YOU have advatnages in this game that others dont have. Such as technology levels that newer players arent even close too. Do they sit around whining and boycotting about it? No, instead they play the game, enjoy it, and let the chips fall where they may. TBH, i know a few of them that will tear you up regardless of your technology advantages lol. 

Meanwhile, thanks to MajorD, your league finished in the top 5. Which earned your league overall bonises of TENS OF THOUSANDS of free diamonds and MILLIONS in total Gold across all of the players in your whole league. You owe him a debt of a gratitude. And you owe it to yourself and your league to continue allowing your teams to fight and enjoy the game, win or lose, doing their best, and continuing to earn rewards and bonuses for your league. 

Lastly, I will worry about whatever leagues i choose. Including yours. And you should thank me for it, since your own misguided thought process almost cost your players tens of thousands of free diamonds and tons of gold. Hopefully Roty will come back soon oR MajorD can take over before its too late so that your grumpiness doesnt ruin your league.

-King

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Again king, worry about your own league. Oh wait..... you kicked them all out.   About fairness, real life isn't fair, but this isn't real life. It is a game in which rules and limits are fixed and set and everyone who enters has a fair shake.  However, if you spend money on this game, it undeniably improves your chances of winning drastically.  Also if you exploit glitches in the game, it also increases your chances of winning.  Luckystrikes wouldn't have dreamt about doing the shield glitch until you showed us it was even a thing. So we gave you a bit of what goes around comes around.  I do thank you for showing us this glitch, with out you showing us, we were able to tell the techs to fix it, they replied and said they will.  That's the difference between us. We want to make the game better and fair, not just to be number 1. We want skill to be the judging factor in winning or losing, not how big your wallet is.  If it were up to me, I would eliminate diamonds altogether from this game, but we both know the devos, need to get paid.  You said joycrafters was the only winner in the last battle. You're wrong. Luckystrikes won. And everyone else that hates godz won.  Most of your team i don't have a problem with. But just guys like you and jpj that feel like they are godz gift to this game are the ones that I'm glad to see lose.  Guys like jpj that show nothing but disrespect to everyone on the game because  he's a wallet warrior bully.   But  I feel real bad for the rest of your guys that you rage quit and booted from both your leagues.  They deserve better than that.... to be abandoned and kicked to the curb.  Even if you reformed and I were one of them, I wouldn't rejoin you after that.  Not a sign of a good leader.  To abandon your guys went you lose one time.  SMH. I will fight for fairness any day. Why don't you fight for the same.  Capt

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Razor. 

First, I'd like you to know that the first time I ever saw or heard of the glitch was when YOUR member, JohnnyPhatz used it on me as I was attacking his city. After he did it, he pm'd me and told me to enjoy the long walk of my troops lol. Immediately (almost 5 days ago), I reported it to GM (screenshots included for reference). And it was I... Not you... Who then gave your league a taste of its own medicine. 

The reason why, as you said, so many other leagues hate GODz is because we have been extraordinarily dominant for such a long time. And we have destroyed every league that has ever opposed us. Multiple times each. Including yours. GODz is the greatest league in the history of this game... And one little 8 day match that you barely won by the skin of your teeth cannot change that. Furthermore, if we had our real team instead of splitting our best players in two groups to dominate two different maps at the same time (which is why our lead in the league rankings is so incredibly unreachable by weaker leagues like yours who only have enough good players to win one map at a time), then you know that your group would've been dominated just as we have always dominated you. A dozen of our very best players weren't on the map. You basically fought our training team... And got first place Barely. Lol. 

Further, it is ridiculous to say that only this game's rules can determine who wins or loses a match. Just a few weeks ago, the rankings were determined by who had the most cities. At the end, We owned more cities than your team did considerably... Does that mean you would accept that we won if this exact same battle happened last month? The only reason you won is because your monument was a higher level. Congrats to you for upgrading it quickly after we flew in and annihilated your first one killing hundreds of your troops in the process. That is another thing that will likely change soon. Monument level shouldnt determine the outcome of a battle. Fighting should. And in the fighting... Results were either close to even, or we won. 

I know you were scared towards the end because you were shielding MULTIPLE cities at the same time... Then if you broke the shield by attacking something... You would shield the cities again quickly. I've never seen a leader shield that much. But I guess thats what you needed to do to feel safe as we relentlessly chipped away at your advantages and showed great resilience even though you had clear leads from the beginning. I went to sleep more times than not with no shield at all. And never had a shield on more than one city at same time. Unlike you. Lucky for you that you had so many gems for shields. My last attack when I came in and killed Ullman's army and took his middle city was for you. Too bad you were shielded and unwilling to fight me. 

But instead of focusing on our differences, I'd like to discuss the similarities. You boycotted the league tournament and refused to allow your members to compete in it because the time and money involved with competing at a high level meant that even in victory... You still lose in real life. But then... You ignore that same lesson and refuse to apply the concept towards normal battlefields? I took things a step further and asked all of my members to take a step back and focus on what matters most. Not to get sucked in by the increasing intensity of these matches to the point where this game becomes all there is in our lives. I thought you of all people might understand that. But I guess your pride and your ego blind you to reality in this instance.

I didnt rage kick anyone. I made my decision calmly and decisively and I have no regrets. For a long time, I have put my league over and above the individual players. Fight hard and do what it takes to win. 8-12 hours of playing a day or more? If thats what it takes... Spending at unreasonable rates? If you have it to burn and thats what it takes then great... But no more. I chose to no longer enable unhealthy and extreme practices for my members. I put them and their well-being first. Many of them are-were disappointed withvmy decision but it is for the best. 

One day... When you and your team continue down the path of ever increasing requirements for your time and money you might realize that I'm right... And make a similarly drastic decision to stop it. 

You were right, Razor... And I was wrong. Your boycott was the right decision. My decision takes it even further. Changes are needed to make this game more casual and less reliant on spending (time and money). Skill and intelligence should be rewarded more than who has the biggest wallet and/or who is the biggest nerd who can stay online for 18 hours a day playing. I'm willing to bet we have their attention now, and that ideas will flow to try and make things better. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

You're right, Razor. You have won. 

You won the right to be the champion of spending 20 hours a day playing this game for a digital victory that means nothing to no one except you. You won the right to keep spending your money on a video game which even you admit has deep rooted problems which must be addressed. You won the right to still be in third place in a global rankings leaderboard that will show GODz as number one for a long time to come. You have lost to GODz MULTIPLE TIMES previously, but you finally won 1 little battle which you think offsets those 3-4 losses and I understand that for you it means the world because you've been dominated and outclassed for so long. Enjoy burning out your members and watching your league slowly fall apart under the weight of an increasingly intense system which can only lead to one inevitable conclusion. You lost Rotymir because of it and more will surely follow. Congratulations, Razor... you won the title of being the biggest Dork in the game. Enjoy your hollow "victory", you nerd. Lol

this sht is like the Cleveland Browns beating the Patriots in a pre-season game while the Patriots rested half of their starters. And then the Browns players all rush the field in celebration at the end like they just won the super bowl or some sht. Lmao. The funny part is that you seem to be too stoopid to realize you're embarrassing yourself. 

IMG_2684.PNG

This must really be digging into that sore loser skull of yours.  I think it's funny how much you've lost your mind.  No no no. Keep going. I'm enjoying your melt down more than you know.  Tick tock tick tock. More of your precious time wasted on this game.  I can actually hear the air deflating from your giant head.  

I don't know about you all but it is just a game after all.  Too much taking things personally if you ask me on all sides.  In the end a game should be about fun, not work, fun, if it's not fun either fix why or find another game, you know for fun.  It's why I don't do cups, they use to be fun, but haven't in a long time, they became about loss of sleep and money.  At any rate many of the tactics, and improvements in the game have come from the efforts of Godz under KingCB.  That is something no one can really ever take away.  But it became about grind and less about fun as it has for many players.  In the end I know my personal goal for the pack is fun for all my members, sometimes we win, sometimes we loose.  Sometimes we get mad( we are human) but in the end we want fun for us and everyone.  It's one of the reasons I know when I lead a field if we are winning just before the field ends we ally everyone that gives everyone that stayed through to the end a reward and it ends with a happy note.  I can't say all my guys do that but it's my way anyways.

have fun folks, that's what it should always be about.

• Upvote 3

Guys imma say i have no authority nor respect or high rankings but yall need to just shut ur mouths and play the freaking game for what it is ..... a game and games are for......fun! So how about you go to a game rip eachothers throats out and have fun doing it okay? Thanks and i have no respect for anyone who used the sheild glitch entitionally but guy gemming had to be done if the gemmers didnt gem then the devs wouldnt have funds to make the game better then it would get boring then theyd abandon it and bye bye game ! So its a game what the heck who the hell cares ! Yea it makes u mad when u loose but wtf i dont care i stand right back up and take another punch and i will always keep playing  

Sincerly Sunsy of Players

P.S. Yes i spent 20 mins reading this whole thing!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm a pretty good player, although relatively new. So I kinda know what I'm talking about. I honestly think that it's fine when people gem, it's not unfair one bit because you could do the same if you had wanted to. It's not cool and it kinda sucks a lot but it is fair.

HAIL KOBRAKOMMAND

Edited by SunlightBlade