World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rules for Chat Room

Peter

7 minutes ago, BlueMingo said:

The rules don't say this is specifically for the true fanatic and radical crap, sir it says "No insulting, racist, or obscene language". Racist is easy to identify and hard the defend, obscene again fairly easy to identify and deal with.  But Insulting is not always easy to identify and people will use these new rules whenever they do t like what they read.  Sorry that you seem to have been the victim in some manner previously, but my comments are meant to point out that overly broad rules, that are not defined lead to trouble.  I have no issue with the punishments etc as that is clear to understand, but some comments can be interpreted differently by many people.  This is a great game, but I still say it will be interesting to see how this gets enforced and what the comments are that get people in trouble.  Example:  I find the name "Hitler" and any variation of it Insulting to use in a game based on WWII it also is racist and everyone who has it should be ban.,  I also find the references in game to SS soldiers offensive and would like them changed to PU soldiers (pink unicorns)..  once this starts where does it end? Maybe we need digital hand shakes and hugs after each BF also.

Lol I wasn't the victim at all. Me and my guys were fairly enjoying the show. Popcorn, refreshments and all. Fact remains the rules are in a rough draft state. They are broad to let the troll players know, and they know exactly who they are, that the moderators are watching. When a player wants to come into a match and go on the main public chat and bypass all c e n s o r s h i p filters and call other players the N word and other very racial slurs, disrespect the Moderators and the like, then those players deserved to be punished. Everyone is going to have their own point of view to these new rules but sadly guys, we don't make the rules. The fact that lately the amount of vulgarities and racial slurs that have been thrown around is way too much. This game is for everyone and when that happens, you know dam well if the parents were aware.......that kid wouldn't be playing much longer. There needs to be a set code of conduct for all players to adhere too on public mediums of communication. 

Like I previously stated, what u say with your team, is you and your teams business but don't go on main being a racist bigot or the like ?

Here is two articles from my units code of conduct;

Article I - Rectitude: Innate to all is the sense of knowing right and wrong. This awareness serves to keep us on a path of rightness and fortitude of principle and practice. Simply put, all members of the 8th are expected to do the right thing or make the right decision, not because it is easy, but because it is ethically and morally correct regardless of the outcome or result.

-Do the right thing every time.

-Uphold and comply with all ethical and written standards (this Code, Rules of Engagement, General Orders, etc.) that apply to all members of the 8th.

Article II - Respect: Members of the 8th show respect by speaking and acting with courtesy. We treat our fellow members, guest to our servers and members of other units (allies or neutral) with dignity and honor. Respect yourself and others will respect you.

-Treat all members and guest(s) of the 8th with respect, dignity and empathy.

-All verbal, nonverbal and written communication, both within the 8th's own mediums (other forums, game servers, voice chat, etc.) and mediums outside of the 8th's (e.g. other clanís forum, game servers, etc.) will be conducted in a mutually respectful manner.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2016 at 9:48 PM, Peter said:

Commanders,

To maintain an engaging and respectful chat environment, we are instituting our rules of conduct for chat:

• Rules:

-NO insulting, racist or obscene language is allowed in any channel of chat room;

-NO insulting, racist or obscene word is allowed in a commander's name;

-These rules will be updated as necessary.

• Penalties:

-You will receive an in-game warning if you violate the rules;

-Your account will be banned for 72 hours if you ignore the warning and violate the rules again;

- Repeated violations can lead to permanent account suspensions at our discretion.

-These penalties will be updated when necessary. 

• Reports:

Report inappropriate names or chat by sending screenshots via Contact Us. confidential------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My Opinion: I really do love these rules because it happened to me a lot before I knew these rules and now I know that I need evidence to prove and always did but THE can get banned for 72 hours is diserved but my point is, is why have 72 hours why not 24 hours?? Plz respond peter I want to know!!? Thanks!! Bye!!

Edited by liltwisted3

16 hours ago, BlueMingo said:

I will be interested to see this enforced and how it works out,  because these rules are very broad n scope.  Some people are more sensitive than others.  I agree that aggressive comms can be at times over board, but I guess telling people they are no good and should go back to playing pokeymon, could now be considered insulting and rude.  Thus resulting in a ban..?  I do enjoy the occasional banter with other players, so can I get a list of approved phrases or words I can use?  Also let me know if this post offends anyone, as it seems the PC police have now found World Warfare Chat..  

These rules were set in place because of 2 leagues in particular calling out racial slurs, and just overall making racist "jokes." While yes they are broad rules, you will know when they come into play 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2016 at 10:48 PM, Peter said:

Commanders,

To maintain an engaging and respectful chat environment, we are instituting our rules of conduct for chat:

• Rules:

-NO insulting, racist or obscene language is allowed in any channel of chat room;

-NO insulting, racist or obscene word is allowed in a commander's name;

-These rules will be updated as necessary.

• Penalties:

-You will receive an in-game warning if you violate the rules;

-Your account will be banned for 72 hours if you ignore the warning and violate the rules again;

- Repeated violations can lead to permanent account suspensions at our discretion.

-These penalties will be updated when necessary. 

• Reports:

Report inappropriate names or chat by sending screenshots via Contact Us. Reports are confidential.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Id like to speak to you about someone that has repeatedly insulted and disrespected everyone including me...

• 2 weeks later...
On January 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Russell said:

Hey guys, regarding the chat rules, we understand the frustration of having to set such a policy in place but it is more to do with maintaining a peaceful community. It was mentioned that anyone who violates the chat policy can be subject to a permanent account ban. We never want to go this far but as mentioned will only if we have to.

In any case, please stay tuned to updated changes to our chat policy as this will carry over to a new chat system which has been in the works that will be available in-game in the near future. I do not have any details but as always we will keep you all updated.

I have details about it, someone goofed and "accidentally" made it available on the App Store not long ago lol

• 1 month later...
On October 31, 2016 at 10:59 PM, BlueMingo said:

The rules don't say this is specifically for the true fanatic and radical crap, sir it says "No insulting, racist, or obscene language". Racist is easy to identify and hard the defend, obscene again fairly easy to identify and deal with.  But Insulting is not always easy to identify and people will use these new rules whenever they do t like what they read.  Sorry that you seem to have been the victim in some manner previously, but my comments are meant to point out that overly broad rules, that are not defined lead to trouble.  I have no issue with the punishments etc as that is clear to understand, but some comments can be interpreted differently by many people.  This is a great game, but I still say it will be interesting to see how this gets enforced and what the comments are that get people in trouble.  Example:  I find the name "Hitler" and any variation of it Insulting to use in a game based on WWII it also is racist and everyone who has it should be ban.,  I also find the references in game to SS soldiers offensive and would like them changed to PU soldiers (pink unicorns)..  once this starts where does it end? Maybe we need digital hand shakes and hugs after each BF also.

Amen to that. The name nazi is racist yet the game has the waffen ss.  Anybody who knows history knows the ss controlled the concentration camps and committed the horrors of ww2 as every soldier was a nazi. The ss were the murderers. So I agree change the name to pink unicorns so snowflakes don't get offended 

• Guest unfeatured and unpinned this topic