World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rules for Chat Room

Peter

Commanders,

To maintain an engaging and respectful chat environment, we are instituting our rules of conduct for chat:

• Rules:

-NO insulting, racist or obscene language is allowed in any channel of chat room;

-NO insulting, racist or obscene word is allowed in a commander's name;

-These rules will be updated as necessary.

• Penalties:

-You will receive an in-game warning if you violate the rules;

-Your will be muted for 24 hours if you ignore the warning and violate the rules again;

- Repeated violations can lead to permanent chat ban at our discretion.

-These penalties will be updated when necessary. 

• Reports:

Report inappropriate names or chat by sending screenshots via Contact Us. Reports are confidential.

Thank you for your cooperation!

• Upvote 3

• Peter featured this topic
13 hours ago, Peter said:

Commanders,

To maintain an engaging and respectful chat environment, we are instituting our rules of conduct for chat:

• Rules:

-NO insulting, racist or obscene language is allowed in any channel of chat room;

• Penalties:

-Your account will be banned for 72 hours if you ignore the warning and violate the rules again;

- Repeated violations can lead to permanent account suspensions at our discretion.

• Reports:

Report inappropriate names or chat by sending screenshots via Contact Us. Reports are confidential.

Beat me to it Peter :) long time no see 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Peter said:

Commanders,

• Rules:

• Penalties:

-Your account will be banned for 72 hours if you ignore the warning and violate the rules again;

- Repeated violations can lead to permanent account suspensions at our discretion.

• Reports:

Will league chat be regulated as heavily as Battlefield or global , because i think people should get a bit of lax on what is said there since it is with your mates  .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Graywing said:

Will league chat be regulated as heavily as Battlefield or global , because i think people should get a bit of lax on what is said there since it is with your mates  .

What you say within your team chat is your business. It is the job of the leadership within the league to control what goes on in those forums. These rules would pertain to any chat that all players could see regardless of alliance or league. Although I would recommend keeping chat as clean as possible but we all know what happens with our mates ?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Barthel said:

What you say within your team chat is your business. It is the job of the leadership within the league to control what goes on in those forums. These rules would pertain to any chat that all players could see regardless of alliance or league. Although I would recommend keeping chat as clean as possible but we all know what happens with our mates ?

Lol the chat moderators don't want to see what the Reich's chat looks like am I right?!

• Upvote 1

If a player or a group of players wants to engage in disrespectful or racist chat in a public forum such as the battlefield chat it is not ok because of the fact it is public and the audience is so broad the goal is too keep it as clean as possible. If a league allows specific behavior, then that is on them and I know some people are confused and possibly upset over this new code of conduct because it is a tad broad. 

Theres always that select few that like to act a fool and usually it stops after some people fire back or ask to stop but here lately it seems people are just throwing out all human decency. It is ok to give friendly banter on the field but it's not ok to insult a group of people or disrespect the past history of some cultures. If your asked nicely by other players to stop then hey take the hint, no one wants to read that crap and if you have to bypass the c e n s o r filter like such, probably shouldn't be doing it. 

A lot of the leagues here have a hierarchy of leadership within them so now it the time to test the discipline of some commanders who are given these roles whether it be a Leader down to a League Elite and see if they can keep the players within their team under "control". Like I stated in my previous reply, what happens in your team chat is your leagues business so don't bring it to the main chat. This is where the leadership comes into play. I still forbid certain topics of discussion even though it is only within our team but that is our rule. 

• Upvote 1

On October 29, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Peter said:

Commanders,

• Rules:

• Penalties:

• Reports:

image.png

I will be interested to see this enforced and how it works out,  because these rules are very broad n scope.  Some people are more sensitive than others.  I agree that aggressive comms can be at times over board, but I guess telling people they are no good and should go back to playing pokeymon, could now be considered insulting and rude.  Thus resulting in a ban..?  I do enjoy the occasional banter with other players, so can I get a list of approved phrases or words I can use?  Also let me know if this post offends anyone, as it seems the PC police have now found World Warfare Chat..  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, BlueMingo said:

I will be interested to see this enforced and how it works out,  because these rules are very broad n scope.  Some people are more sensitive than others.  I agree that aggressive comms can be at times over board, but I guess telling people they are no good and should go back to playing pokeymon, could now be considered insulting and rude.  Thus resulting in a ban..?  I do enjoy the occasional banter with other players, so can I get a list of approved phrases or words I can use?  Also let me know if this post offends anyone, as it seems the PC police have now found World Warfare Chat..  

Trust me you will know when the rules are broken. I can provide you with 20+ screenshots for part of the main reason for these rules being brought into effect. Obviously I will not be showing them because the material is not suitable for the forums and if one of the GMs that was there for the incident wants to, it's on them, otherwise take my freaking word for it. When the need it there, people will be reprimanded. Everyone who knocks each other for the banter I'm sure will be tossed aside. It is the TRUE fanatic and radical crap that won't be tolerated not the trolling between commanders who normally talk like an educated human being. 

37 minutes ago, Barthel said:

Trust me you will know when the rules are broken. I can provide you with 20+ screenshots for part of the main reason for these rules being brought into effect. Obviously I will not be showing them because the material is not suitable for the forums and if one of the GMs that was there for the incident wants to, it's on them, otherwise take my freaking word for it. When the need it there, people will be reprimanded. Everyone who knocks each other for the banter I'm sure will be tossed aside. It is the TRUE fanatic and radical crap that won't be tolerated not the trolling between commanders who normally talk like an educated human being. 

The rules don't say this is specifically for the true fanatic and radical crap, sir it says "No insulting, racist, or obscene language". Racist is easy to identify and hard the defend, obscene again fairly easy to identify and deal with.  But Insulting is not always easy to identify and people will use these new rules whenever they do t like what they read.  Sorry that you seem to have been the victim in some manner previously, but my comments are meant to point out that overly broad rules, that are not defined lead to trouble.  I have no issue with the punishments etc as that is clear to understand, but some comments can be interpreted differently by many people.  This is a great game, but I still say it will be interesting to see how this gets enforced and what the comments are that get people in trouble.  Example:  I find the name "Hitler" and any variation of it Insulting to use in a game based on WWII it also is racist and everyone who has it should be ban.,  I also find the references in game to SS soldiers offensive and would like them changed to PU soldiers (pink unicorns)..  once this starts where does it end? Maybe we need digital hand shakes and hugs after each BF also.

• Upvote 1

• Guest unfeatured and unpinned this topic