World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ideas on infantry and population

Daguy

If you haven't realized, infantry suck in this game.

Infantry has made up the majority of an army's forces ever since war was invented, but here most of the fighting is done by armored vehicles and planes. What really drive everyone to steer away from infantry are these reasons:

• Terrible sight
  • Terrible damage
  • Terrible speed
  • Takes up valuable space in troop limit

However, things could be different

There is one resource that is almost completely ignored: Population. Yes, there is a population resource. What if instead of the troop count limiting the size of armies, we have population be the limiting factor? All units already cost population, but if we make stuff like tanks and planes cost way more population (or be unlockable at higher level munition factories), we can encourage people to use infantry. But infantry still sucks. what do we do?

We add more types of infantry

First,

Basic infantry

Royal_Irish_Rifles_ration_party_Somme_Ju

Pretty much the same as our current infantry troop. A bunch of conscripts with bolt-action rifles. Slow marching speed, terrible damage, terrible health, no way to conceal, can capture cities

Light infantry

German_soldiers_with_MG_34.jpg

Once you get this (which should be pretty early in the game), it will render basic infantry obsolete. Again, a bunch of conscripts, but with better training and equipment. They have stuff like grenades and machine guns. It also has a limited anti-tank ability. Slow marching speed, mediocre damage, mediocre health, can conceal in forest, can capture cities

Motorized infantry

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-801-0664-37,_Berl

Essentially the same as light infantry, but moves faster and can tow artillery/anti-tank guns. Fast marching speed, mediocre damage, good health, can conceal in forests, can capture cities.

Mechanized infantry

IWM-NA-24043-Priest-Kangaroo-Conselice-1

Like the motorized infantry, but instead of using half-tracks or trucks, mechanized infantry use modified tanks to do the job. It can also carry heavier guns. Probably unlocked after tanks. Good speed, good damage, excellent health, can't conceal, can capture cities.

Anti-Tank

A_PIAT_(Projectile_Infantry_Anti-Tank)_i

Being invaded by a superior force? Tired of dealing with the tanks that you have few resources to produce? No worries, infantry can wreck'em too! Like light infantry, but except rifles for weapons, these guys use PIATs/Bazookas. slow marching speed, excellent damage against tanks but can't attack infantry, mediocre health, can conceal in forest, can't capture cities

• Upvote 2

This has been requested a few times and honestly probably won't happen. I like the idea and understand where you're coming from but it's highly unlikely the devs will add to it. Besides while the current infantry may suck they are the most important unit in the game. Without them you can't capture anything. 

Mane motorized infantry is already in the game to a point. It's the motorcycle one but you have to buy it in the com center

Good idea but I see a problem with the infantry is there is just not enough mid/late game my solution is a separate count only with  only infantry able to be in this troop count. Also you should be able to pay small some of fortune for anti tank guns and machine guns. But infantry would also be able to mount on tanks

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fefour4ever.com%2Fshermans_480.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fefour4ever.com%2Finfantry_tanks.htm&docid=p8uQSVKRy7-vrM&tbnid=kr6bOQkdf8p-UM%3A&w=480&h=342&hl=en&client=safari&bih=649&biw=1024&ved=0ahUKEwiC76Oy_vvPAhVKxWMKHQMUANQQMwgdKAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Supehooman said:

Good idea but I see a problem with the infantry is there is just not enough mid/late game my solution is a separate count only with  only infantry able to be in this troop count. Also you should be able to pay small some of fortune for anti tank guns and machine guns. But infantry would also be able to mount on tanks

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fefour4ever.com%2Fshermans_480.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fefour4ever.com%2Finfantry_tanks.htm&docid=p8uQSVKRy7-vrM&tbnid=kr6bOQkdf8p-UM%3A&w=480&h=342&hl=en&client=safari&bih=649&biw=1024&ved=0ahUKEwiC76Oy_vvPAhVKxWMKHQMUANQQMwgdKAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

The separate count would crash the game constantly. It crashes a lot the way it is now. They need to fix that before they even consider this. 

3 minutes ago, Boredomfalls said:

The separate count would crash the game constantly. It crashes a lot the way it is now. They need to fix that before they even consider this. 

I haven't considered crashes. That would really suck if you had a huge army but the game is unplayable.

On 10/27/2016 at 2:47 PM, Barthel said:

Great idea. Very well written. Richie went on a reply spree the other day and now I lost track of another tread to tie in here. ?

Get ready for another one tonight 

On 10/27/2016 at 2:23 PM, Daguy said:

If you haven't realized, infantry suck in this game.

Infantry has made up the majority of an army's forces ever since war was invented, but here most of the fighting is done by armored vehicles and planes. What really drive everyone to steer away from infantry are these reasons:

• Terrible sight
  • Terrible damage
  • Terrible speed
  • Takes up valuable space in troop limit

However, things could be different

There is one resource that is almost completely ignored: Population. Yes, there is a population resource. What if instead of the troop count limiting the size of armies, we have population be the limiting factor? All units already cost population, but if we make stuff like tanks and planes cost way more population (or be unlockable at higher level munition factories), we can encourage people to use infantry. But infantry still sucks. what do we do?

We add more types of infantry

First,

Basic infantry

Royal_Irish_Rifles_ration_party_Somme_Ju

Pretty much the same as our current infantry troop. A bunch of conscripts with bolt-action rifles. Slow marching speed, terrible damage, terrible health, no way to conceal, can capture cities

Light infantry

German_soldiers_with_MG_34.jpg

Once you get this (which should be pretty early in the game), it will render basic infantry obsolete. Again, a bunch of conscripts, but with better training and equipment. They have stuff like grenades and machine guns. It also has a limited anti-tank ability. Slow marching speed, mediocre damage, mediocre health, can conceal in forest, can capture cities

Motorized infantry

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-801-0664-37,_Berl

Essentially the same as light infantry, but moves faster and can tow artillery/anti-tank guns. Fast marching speed, mediocre damage, good health, can conceal in forests, can capture cities.

Mechanized infantry

IWM-NA-24043-Priest-Kangaroo-Conselice-1

Like the motorized infantry, but instead of using half-tracks or trucks, mechanized infantry use modified tanks to do the job. It can also carry heavier guns. Probably unlocked after tanks. Good speed, good damage, excellent health, can't conceal, can capture cities.

Anti-Tank

A_PIAT_(Projectile_Infantry_Anti-Tank)_i

Being invaded by a superior force? Tired of dealing with the tanks that you have few resources to produce? No worries, infantry can wreck'em too! Like light infantry, but except rifles for weapons, these guys use PIATs/Bazookas. slow marching speed, excellent damage against tanks but can't attack infantry, mediocre health, can conceal in forest, can't capture cities

I'm pretty sure some body brought this up before and then people where saying nah because without infantry  you can't get anything else other than your starting city; and most fighting in Africa where tank battles where infantry would follow behind and clear out the bunkers. There's already motorized infantry, it's in the commerial thingy