World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Speeding up units

SnakeEater

I have only been playing this game for a few months now. Since I have been playing the battlefield durations have lowered from when there was a vote to determine the Victor to voting for an extended time limit. Just this change shortened maximum duration of a battle from 20 days to 10. I also have heard that the battles were as long as 30 days. With the lowering of the time duration, I feel that the units in game should be given an increase in speed. Any thoughts?

SnakeEater Out.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SnakeEater said:

I have only been playing this game for a few months now. Since I have been playing the battlefield durations have lowered from when there was a vote to determine the Victor to voting for an extended time limit. Just this change shortened maximum duration of a battle from 20 days to 10. I also have heard that the battles were as long as 30 days. With the lowering of the time duration, I feel that the units in game should be given an increase in speed. Any thoughts?

SnakeEater Out.

Yep u are right that games coulda gone on for ages before but usually ended within 12-15 days in golden empire. As for the units, it would be great and convinient ifthe troops were faster but there will also be resistance from players who argue that it will take away the strategic feeling of the rts genre this game resides in. Personally, a little more fast paced action( not super fast paced) would help retain the newer players that are generally kids and teens as most of that demographic prefers fast paced action rather than slow calculated moves.   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Waffles said:

Yep u are right that games coulda gone on for ages before but usually ended within 12-15 days in golden empire. As for the units, it would be great and convinient ifthe troops were faster but there will also be resistance from players who argue that it will take away the strategic feeling of the rts genre this game resides in. Personally, a little more fast paced action( not super fast paced) would help retain the newer players that are generally kids and teens as most of that demographic prefers fast paced action rather than slow calculated moves.   

Those are my thoughts also, I should have made myself clearer. I would not want them to increase to the point of changing the overall game play, and actually I feel only some of the troops needs to be increased not all. But yes some increase would be welcome. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SnakeEater said:

SnakeEater Out.

Either that, or just increase the game times again. It's extremely rare to see anyone who isn't on 24/7 or gem to have a level 20 city which ruins the more "epic" battles in the game.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bloodmancer said:

To make a longer field worthwhile you would have to make the field much larger... Most leagues can have the field cleared in 8-9 days.

I think a larger field would be awesome, or have like an annual event something like a 1500 city 20 day extravaganza that is pay to enter, no gemming. Being pay to enter would insure only serious players or leagues would join. Now that would be Epic.

Edited by SnakeEater
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SnakeEater said:

I think a larger field would be awesome, or have like an annual event something like a 1500 city 20 day extravaganza that is pay to enter, no gemming. Being pay to enter would insure only serious players or leagues would join. Now that would be Epic.

There aren't 1500 players that are in serious leagues :/

• Upvote 1

On October 6, 2016 at 3:00 PM, SnakeEater said:

That would be awesome, and I love the idea, but this game just isnt large enough to handle that and they would have to do serious upgrading to the servers/programming. Right now if Wolfpack rolls out with fully loaded gigs to take on an entire region of the map a lot of us get kicked from the app. Now imagine 3 leagues, all enemies to each other, meeting in the middle with full forces

7 hours ago, Boredomfalls said:

That would be awesome, and I love the idea, but this game just isnt large enough to handle that and they would have to do serious upgrading to the servers/programming. Right now if Wolfpack rolls out with fully loaded gigs to take on an entire region of the map a lot of us get kicked from the app. Now imagine 3 leagues, all enemies to each other, meeting in the middle with full forces

Sounds fun af.... I would totally love to do this

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...