World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chat logs to help stop report abuse.

Caiky

Screenshots can't be trusted because of their ease to edit. The chat is in a very basic font and style, so it can be edited and completely changed within a matter of minutes even with Microsoft paint. This is why chat logs should be in place to truly see what the reported person has said. I tried to edit some snapshots to see how easy it was, and I'll show some before and after pictures here as well. I really hope this gets some consideration because I've seen people threaten to do it from the tiniest leagues, all the way to a Godz member and this can ruin innocent people's time on the game.

IMG_0410.PNG

IMG_0414.PNG

• Upvote 1

Yer a hizard warry! Lol but honestly this would be cool. Only issue I see is, first, not many ppl actually have the time or are willing to put in that effort to do what you did, and second, there is much chatting that goes on, the logs would be as good as useless along with taking up massive storage data.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

Yer a hizard warry! Lol but honestly this would be cool. Only issue I see is, first, not many ppl actually have the time or are willing to put in that effort to do what you did, and second, there is much chatting that goes on, the logs would be as good as useless along with taking up massive storage data.

You'd be surprised how much time a lot of the people who threaten to do this have since they normally live in their mother's basement.

and yeah, completely forgot about the amount of data the logs would take up. Maybe something where they automatically delete after 36-48 hours might make take up less space, Plus using the good ol' CTRL + F to search for whatever was in the screenshot might help a huge amount. 

Edited by Caiky
Accidentally hit submit >_>

• 3 weeks later...