World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Diamond free tournament

SPC

I propose a diamond free tournament, this would be a true test of skill amoungst the leagues and remove the excuse's, I understand the developers need to make money, and frankly this game is worth my dollar, just trying to find the right way to spend the dollar. That being said I say a gem free tournament needs to come with a cash entry fee say 5 dollars per player. Also a nice reward for the winners would be awesome, something unique, and a consolation prize for those willing to participate would be a plus. Just sayen it's a fair way for the developers to make a dollar and a way for those of us who don't have a 100,000 gems saved or the desire to spend our hard earned dollar competing with others deep pockets to truely enjoy a strategy game. Thanks, DasSpezilist (SPC) 

• Upvote 6

I couldn't agree more, this is a fun game but when you play against gemmers it takes all the fun out of it.  Imagine, you have a twelve hour head start, and the next thing you know a league enters the game and gems their way past you and is hitting you with units you haven't reached yet in your 12 hour head start.  You manage to take a guys units out and before you can rebuild what you lost he is hitting you again with full allowed units.  

• Upvote 3

This idea has been brought up on many different discussions. I totally agree and I will post what I posted on another discussion about the same topic. So here goes.

The first thing we need to do is quit making excuses about the game needs to make money.  We all know this already, so let's approach this another way. They still make there money by the no talent guys in the regular battlefield. But if throwing a tournament makes that big of a difference in the gross income for the game and the developers are going to ignore the outcry of the elite players of this game and then others are going to come to their defense, then I say just do what MkV said and I quote;

"I have an idea. Have a league cup where the leagues just bid gems against each other and the one willing to spend the most gets first, second most gets second, etc. It would save everyone a lot of trouble and would probably be a lot less lag. 

/sarcasm off

Seriously though, the argument that the game needs to make money doesn't hold water if the goal is to see who's the best. There are many ways to make money without being pay to win. If however, being pay to win is OK, lets just jump to the money shot and quit pretending its anything but. That way the people who want to pay for trophies can get with it, and the rest of us who enjoy the strategy, tactics, teamwork, etc can go find something else to do.

Just my opinion."

MkV.

So I have an idea myself. A really good friend of mine once told me that a dilemma was just a multitude of single problems and if you try to solve all of them at once, then you will never solve any of them. The way through a dilemma is to solve one problem at a time and the dilemma will crumble.

So the dilemma we are facing is not the use of gems, but the use of gems in tournament play. So the purchasing and useing gems during regular games is fine, boom no loss of money for the developers. Next problem.

Tournament play brings in more money because the no talent teams want a pretty banner and can't win without spending, so you see this huge increase in in-game purchases by throwing these things. So now ask yourself is your goal greed or player satisfaction? If it is only about money then please let me know now because I am with the originator of the post and I am gone.

I have seen a lot of other people post great ideas on keeping a balance of money and game play but have seen zero attempts to do anything about it. So if the problem is that you don't want to stop or restrict gem use during tournament play because of the increase in income, then your motive is money. But if your motive is player satisfaction and you still need to make money, then charge an entry fee and have NO gem use in the league tournament. That way you get income and the best league wins, ZERO advantage to anyone. I am talking completely even across the board. No tech bonus, no speeding up build times, nothing. Win by pure talent alone. I GUARANTEE YOU THAT I WOULD PAY TO PLAY IN THAT TOURNAMENT.

SnakeEater Out

Edited by SnakeEater
  • Upvote 5

I completely agree, tournaments should be about skill not the size of your wallet. There are plenty of other aspects of the game they can generate income. I am new to the forum but is seems like everyone is complaining about this and also the current ranking system but the only changes being made is the introduction of new troops and new maps. When it comes to those complaints specifically, all I see from the developers is plenty of empty promises.

• Upvote 3

a trial of skill in some game, in which competitors play a series of contests:

a chess tournament.

a meeting for contests in a variety ofsports, as between teams of differentnations.

These are definitions of tournament. Now to be clear I hate being negative and this may come across as that. How ever that isn't my intention. 

I wish for everyone to understand a tournament is about skill. We have playoffs, the super bowl, olympics, etc... to prove who is the best. You can't buy the Stanley Cup, a super bowl ring, or an Olympic medal. They have to be won and earned. 

I am seeking a level playing field for tournaments.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Hitgirl said:

a trial of skill in some game, in which competitors play a series of contests:

a chess tournament.

a meeting for contests in a variety ofsports, as between teams of differentnations.

These are definitions of tournament. Now to be clear I hate being negative and this may come across as that. How ever that isn't my intention. 

I wish for everyone to understand a tournament is about skill. We have playoffs, the super bowl, olympics, etc... to prove who is the best. You can't buy the Stanley Cup, a super bowl ring, or an Olympic medal. They have to be won and earned. 

I am seeking a level playing field for tournaments.

Also note they are not allowed to be using steroids or other performance enhancement drugs aka a level playing field.  

Looking at a certain leagues 68 city total on one map... Really 

• Upvote 3

The Company Of Heroes series are one of the best RTS games played, It should be an example of what a diamond-free tournament is. I suggest you should check out how that game works when it comes to multiplayer and there are many ideas this game can get from it. There are ideas that don't fit and fit in. If there are no diamonds in a diamond-free tournaments, then unit making should be greatly reduced. The map should also be VERY small which makes Unit movement more mobile/faster, but this is only for a 2 leagues against each other.

Anyways all I'm saying is that the Company Of Heroes series is a very good example of how this game could learn from it IF we are going to finally have a diamond-free tournament.