World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Surprising Result -Two Chinese Leagues Took Championship Of R1

Peter

Commanders,

The first round of League Tournament has ended! 

This is absolutely the most intense League Battle we have ever had. Our technicians made a point to optimize the server in advance to ensure everything went smoothly.

We received reports from some commanders about possible hacking: After a thorough investigation we happily found zero evidence of any malfeasant behavior.

When the final results came in, we were stunned: The championship of both Silver and Bronze Cup were taken by two Chinese leagues! We took a peak behind the curtain and we found one of their secrets: They clocked in at an average of 21 hours of online play, with barely 3 hours of rest!

This intense dedication got us curious so we interviewed the leader of League 风云再起——风云. His league is extremely disciplined and act as a close-knit military unit. He and his league members were both nervous and excited at the prospect of facing off against the strongest leagues. "I admit our win was helped by the opening time of the cup. It's 6 am where I am. Good to remember that one league winning doesn't mean the other leagues are not strong.  " 风云 said. 

风云再起, Cocidius, Pasta, Deathsquad007, Luckystrikes, BloodyWar, UNBROK3N, NATO, Players and GroundZero ranked Top 10 in the silver cup this round. Many of these Leagues are renowned for their strength and few would be surprised at their achievement. But others, like GroundZero, were formed only about 3 months ago. We’re happy to see newcomers rank so high in such a competitive environment!

Let's take a look at the leader board for this round:

Silver Cup Ranking:

s1.png

s2.png

s3.png

s4.png

s5-.png

Bronze Cup Ranking: 

r1.png

r2.png

r3.png

r4.png

r5.png

r6.png

We are aware of the fact that our current tournament system still needs more optimizing. We truly appreciate your continued feedback and support, we keep improving thanks to you! Here are some sample comments:

SpikeHD
Joining league battle after queuing within 8 hours or you will be banned from joining the cup battlefield and handicapping your teammates that depend so much on you while the rest of the competition spend enormous amount of gems forcing your team to spend an overly excessive amount of gems waiting for you to join them when in fact you will not because no one has posted these rules, unless I get screwed then, I will find out there is this kinda rule.

Rammy33
We just lost but what ever what I don't get is the scoring in the cup! So if I have one person who can't log in or sudden turn becomes busy we lose because we need them to be active and score a bunch even though we completed all the goals in map and controlled the wonder and had 2 command centres under our control yet the winning league never hit the wonder once and didn't have any command centres that's crap what's the point
of doing a cup battle then?

Please keep sharing your ideas, we want them all!

The second round is on the way! It takes meticulous planning, good teamwork and lots of grit to win this tournament. Being ahead can't guarantee ultimate victory. Use the time in between cups to prepare for the next fight. We will see you on the Battlefield commanders! 

Here are some great screenshots from Noodles and Fran2. Feel free to post yours!

1470364523502.jpg

1470364928196.jpg

Hello Peter and everyone else. This is a very impressive review of the first round. With lots of detail. :) 

I am surprised, though, that you didn't mention the serious problem GODz had with entering the tournament. We played the entire match with only 5 players while all other teams had 6. Our sixth player tried to enter but the game wouldn't allow him too. He signed up with us initially and then had to take care of something for a hour or two. When he came back to get started the game wouldn't let him in. Admins told JP that he should've been able to get into the tournament within the first 8 hours. But after 2 hours it wouldn't let him or any other GOD member enter for our 6th spot even though the rebel city in our cluster was free and waiting. He took screenshots of the time and the situation but I don't have them. 

The week before this tournament we also fought the Chinese League in a tournament silver cup. They are very good but cleared them off the map entirely and won first place... When we had 6 players. 

This is not to make excuses... They are a very good team. We fought them hard last week with our 5 players against their 6. And they won with skill and dedication (as you mentioned it seemed like they NEVER slept). So hats off to them. Even with 5 players we outplayed them the first 5-6 hours before we needed some sleep. But game starting in their morning time but evening time for USA players was another advantage for them in addition to us only having 5 players for the first time ever in a league tournament. I hope someone is looking in to whatever caused the restriction against us adding our sixth player? 

We we look forward to revenge and redemption coming soon. :) 

Here are a few screenshots of our battle about 7 hours after start time. With 5 players against their 6 we were in first place. But then most of us went to sleep for a few hours since it was around 2am our time, China league stayed up since it was day time for them. And after this is when they swung the battle to their favor. Anyway, we are eager to start a new one. A disappointing result just makes us MORE ready to go again. We will not back down or stop fighting ever. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, KingCB said:

Hello Peter and everyone else. This is a very impressive review of the first round. With lots of detail. :) 

I am surprised, though, that you didn't mention the serious problem GODz had with entering the tournament. We played the entire match with only 5 players while all other teams had 6. Our sixth player tried to enter but the game wouldn't allow him too. He signed up with us initially and then had to take care of something for a hour or two. When he came back to get started the game wouldn't let him in. Admins told JP that he should've been able to get into the tournament within the first 8 hours. But after 2 hours it wouldn't let him or any other GOD member enter for our 6th spot even though the rebel city in our cluster was free and waiting. He took screenshots of the time and the situation but I don't have them. 

The week before this tournament we also fought the Chinese League in a tournament silver cup. They are very good but cleared them off the map entirely and won first place... When we had 6 players. 

This is not to make excuses... They are a very good team. We fought them hard last week with our 5 players against their 6. And they won with skill and dedication (as you mentioned it seemed like they NEVER slept). So hats off to them. Even with 5 players we outplayed them the first 5-6 hours before we needed some sleep. But game starting in their morning time but evening time for USA players was another advantage for them in addition to us only having 5 players for the first time ever in a league tournament. I hope someone is looking in to whatever caused the restriction against us adding our sixth player? 

We we look forward to revenge and redemption coming soon. :) 

Hi King. One member from GODz contacted Lily in game that day then we knew ETTT couldn't get in. But that Silver battlefield had been on more than 10 hours then. We are sincerely sorry that we didn't make it to help. Our tech support is looking into this issue. We will contact ETTT for more details and will go to any length to fix it asap. 

Time zone will be an unavoidable factor when this game released in more and more countries. We have already seen its impacts. 

I also look forward to revenge action of GODz! :)

Thanks Peter. I was talking to him after match had only been started for 2 hours. And he couldn't enter the battlefield at that time. 

In addition to that, please also check into two other issues that the Chinese team used for advantage.

-

1. Regular AA guns are supposed to have a loading/waiting time of 1 minute before they start firing. There was a glitch before where if you click "stop" then "attack" again quickly then the AA guns will start firing right away instead of waiting/loading for 1 minute. Developers "fixed" this glitch many months ago, or so I thought. The Chinese team used this several times in our battle. My fighter planes died from this after I woke up. Apparently it works on anti tank guns and normal artillery also now. If it can't be fixed then we will use it also and that will make things fair (I just didn't know the glitch was back until our league tournament battle last week). 

2. The developers decided to make turrets only at 20% health when they are reconstructed. Which was a smart idea for balance. But when I was attacking a Chinese Player and killed all of his turrets several times, he simply demolished the turret (which only takes 2 minutes), and then gem built another fresh one. Then upgraded it to level 3 with gems. And in just a few minutes and less than 1,000 or so gems he had a full health brand new turret again. It was smart gaming. I don't blame them. But it defeats the purpose and the design of having turrets that are already defeated to only be able to come back with lesser health. So please suggest to the developers that they try to find a solution for it. Or others will adapt and use the same methods. 

Thanks for your time :) 

-King

I will comment later more but first I want to say we have said how much we hate the ranking system with city count. 2nd you are ranking the teams as city counts but in the game when we are fighting you are ranked by points over city's. I know this because in game we was first at one point with less city's.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jane said:

Thanks for reporting it King. This issue needs fixing asap. 

Hi Roty. Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated. :) 

I see no one complaining about the aa thing tho its not supposed to be like tht it makes arty and aa more effective and the ones who complain are the ones getting killed by it

• Peter unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On August 6, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Fran2 said:

I see no one complaining about the aa thing tho its not supposed to be like tht it makes arty and aa more effective and the ones who complain are the ones getting killed by it

If I recall Godz players have used the AA/Arty glitch tactic many times in the past couple weeks so they are very aware that it is still there. 

• Upvote 2