World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Game improvement ideas

BudvonWiser

You have done a great job in creating this game!

I am new to the game, but some future upgrade ideas (it grew long during the typing, while I was waiting for the maintenance upgrade to finish!):

- ground transports for the artillery, AT and AA guns.  Takes way to long to move them and cannot build a strike force without them.  I know heavy mobile versions of these equipment types are available later in the game, so it may be your intent to keep conquest speed down early by limiting speed.

- ground supply units for ammo, fuel and food.  I like the outpost idea and air drop you have going ,and you should keep it, but for extended operations something more than the TP airdrops would be nice.

- A biggie for history buffs is to let people select a representative country for unit types.  Right now you get a mix of German and US units, would be nice to select one and have all units consistent with that country of origin.  Then you could roll out new country sets later.

- Would be nice to increase the movement speeds if they are not already correctly scaled for map size.  Just seem a little slow.  Maybe add a rail transport feature?

- more range variability based on actual combat characteristics of the unit type.  For instance, the Heavy German tanks outraged the medium tanks.  Also would be nice for some increase in range when upgrading units.

- you cannot use the superior range of the artilery due to its limited sight distance.  I agree that sight distance is good for direct fire, but you need the full range for indirect fire.  Could create spotter units, or give that property to certain units, like recon and spotter planes, thus making them more valuable.

- health indicators above the units would be great!  Cannot tell which one in a group is hurt to pull them back.  If you really want to jazz it up, you could add an editable withdraw strength so you could set a minimum strength so a unit begins to retreat when damaged that much.

- Would be nice to have heavy AT guns (kind of what you have now) and light AT that could be transported by plane.  Also need to allow recon units to be transported.  Both sides did have this capability during the war. Not sure if you want the complexity, but you could add a glider transport class for these that is used up when used.  

- Same thing for artillery, maybe create a mortar class.

- along with the two points above, a heavy infantry with better armor ATK (maybe remaking of the para unit or a new assault infantry) would make the game more balanced and less of a tech race to get the heaviest equipment.  This would greatly increase game strategy options and make it less of a tech race.

- Would be really nice to be able to rename units and towns.

- Getting experience points seems slow, but that may be because I am new.  Probably okay if the level stays with you from one battlefield to the next.

- Something different regarding groups.  I agree what you have is pretty standard.  Would be nice to be able to create armies or task forces which subgroups.  That way you could do strategic movement and commands at the Army/TF level and tactical at the subgroup.

- Also, would be nice to have a switch telling the system to move all groups at the speed of the slowest, or independently at their best speed.

I am an avid military history buff and wargamer (even back to the board days!).  In fact, this game reminds me of the Panzer General PC series (one of the best all time) and the old Squad Leader board games.  I would be glad to participate in beta development/testing or unit development/balance questions if it would help.

Keep up the great work!

• 4 months later...

A addition I would like to see in this game would adding trains to move troops and resources between allies and league members.  Plus using a train can carry more resources to LC'S. Also it would go along with the WW2 concept that this game goes.  I would like to also like to see mortar, anti tank troops, sniper teams added so then troops minus the sniper team would have a short range then next step up would be the medium vehicles then go into the hardcore vehicles maybe have them grouped or same tech tree.  Maybe adding or grouping the units by a tier tree.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Florian said:

Totally agree with this. I am a veteran and have always wanted a faster at and aa units. Well said but I would like to refute some of your suggestions.

There are already health bars and if they were over the troops, it would be cluttered around and not be legible.

Jeeps have hooks that can pull AT and AA guns, but they haven't put that in for some reason.

Some good ideas but what if infantry could dig in. Making permanent trenches that increase the defence. Making infantry a much better defensive unit. Also indicators for range so you know how far your troops can fire. I tend to lose troops trying to guess ranges.

I think your ideas for grouping and sub grouping would definitely help when planning attacks

Edited by AlreadyDead

• 4 weeks later...