Jump to content
World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
StevenZ

Adjustment Ideas

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WhisperingHobo said:

I was just playing and I got a great idea: Right now, 95% of the game is all based on a giant continent-like landmass. But why not make an entirely new game mode, like the original, but located in the ocean, like warfare in the Pacific, and focused on Navy. The map would consist of lots of small, medium, and large islands. Each island has harbor, but all players spawn on small islands that have a village or 2 and a resource zone with oil. The SS would be stationed on medium islands that are twice the size of small islands, and large islands would have the giant SS complex and more.

I'd really like to see this because in every battle, rarely anyone ever bothers with the Navy, because there is no use for it on a giant landmass with little or no rivers.

I know that this might never happen, but it would give me another reason to spend 90% of my day playing this game.

People will still just make Air Force not navy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to suggest that troop need to seek out def first instead of buildings.  One thing i noticed that when you tell your stugs to attack turret and the building in the way then it switch tartget to the buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 28, 2016 at 5:03 PM, WhisperingHobo said:

Another suggestion, I for one have always loved using infantry in all RTS games, and I think that there could be a few more types of infantry like: mortar crews, heavy weaponry(missile launchers), and a good idea I had was engineers, who have low power and low ranged damage, but they can repair vehicles, tanks, etc. , and plant explosives on admin buildings.

Engineer infantry would be an amazing idea! it's a hassle bringing your troops to a military base to refill everytime they take damage, even some sort of repair vehicle would be of great use!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ClintonW said:

I would like to suggest that troop need to seek out def first instead of buildings.  One thing i noticed that when you tell your stugs to attack turret and the building in the way then it switch tartget to the buildings.

I had this problem but recently realized the problem wasn't that they were picking at random but that they did not have LoS on the other turrets. I tested the theroy by 1 city I'd only allow my scout to see 1 turret but not the other two. Even with all 3 turrets shooting (2 from the shadow non-LoS view range of scout) the stugs changed to the closest building in LoS. The next city I moved my scouts to LoS all 3 turrets. Stugs eliminated all 3 before switching to random closest building. (Keep in mind initial attack was direct targeted on 1st turret.

On May 27, 2016 at 8:33 PM, StevenZ said:

Troop Cap: troop will be increased. Every Lv. 10 city gains you 2 more troops.

Is there any bonus for lvl 20 other then each upgrade after 10, other then 11+ being 1,000 player score and game objectives with their current rewards of diamonds? (I.E.: 2 troops at 10, 2 more at 20?) perhaps more if map duration is being changed to set time. Or city gains an aura (like the Capitol buff) where it'd increase resource production further.

On May 27, 2016 at 1:56 AM, Waffles said:

Btw have the time stamp and notifications  bugs been fixed? Or are they being looked into? I reported over a month ago I believe.

Also are resource zones being buffed also? Resource cost is a bit high since it's the same as golden empire which had higher ammount of reaource zones. 

What I noticed on time stamps is they seem to update like once per hour. Maybe on the hour, quarter after or what ever. Much like the in-battle rank system.  Or at least it seems to me it's an hourly update.

i'd be happy for resource increase. Given resource production or number of resource zones. Most maps I tend to start near water where land restricts how many are near. (Let alone seems their aren't any oil rigs.) if this is changed in update. I have not seen it in current 3 day old battle.

On May 27, 2016 at 8:33 PM, StevenZ said:

Matchmaking system: starters will enter a newbie battlefield. A matchmaking system will be added to separate high-level players and newbies. Players that haven’t finished his first battlefield or with game time less than 50 hours are defined as newbies.

I'm assuming or suggesting that there would be an exception to "instructors" where they can join a newbie map. Perhaps only allow them to kill surrendered or other instructors in newbie map. Or/and allow them to join a regular map for non-teaching fun. (Well still teach others not to mess with the best.) Otherwise that idea to aid new players is forever resting on mods to teach. 

On May 28, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Liberator1 said:

Could the city concept be changed to where there's different limits on buildings such as every building available to be built at city level one and allow more than one of said building. Also farms should supply food to cities, I have to produce too much food a day to keep my armies alive. Thank you! I think world warfare is a great game with even more potential 

While food from farms seems logical, then it'll no longer be needed as a build option in the supply depot. I never have food problems since I have upgraded supply depot and set up hourly transports. Also Capitol getting the social rewards increases every supply. Unless they change it so the social reward is rewarded to the city in which owns the property, may be easier to change Capitol. There is no daily tax so no need for Capitol to stay your lvl 20 city that is no where near the front lines.

More then one of a building? Would you like to see someone with a Capitol being supplied by some other city near by. A Capitol that would prob, instead of 3 turrets, have 10? Or a city with 10 oil rigs? Or a city with outside supply and 5 munition and 5 Army or airport bases? This will only allow players to "Zerg" (Starcraft ref where that race would blitz 100 crappy troops and win because of shear numbers.) The MZ or resource zones are what make your city have extra of those buildings. Current set up is better IMO.

On May 28, 2016 at 4:03 PM, WhisperingHobo said:

Another suggestion, I for one have always loved using infantry in all RTS games, and I think that there could be a few more types of infantry like: mortar crews, heavy weaponry(missile launchers), and a good idea I had was engineers, who have low power and low ranged damage, but they can repair vehicles, tanks, etc. , and plant explosives on admin buildings.

So Engineers for tanks, Medics or infantry, at this point we should have, instead of tactics (the airborn supplies) have a re-supply plane. Kinda like a transport plane that leaves the airport, to designated troop, area around that troop or simply an AoE area, that drops supplies and then flies back. Only 1 per airport. (like the 3 transports per lvl 5 commercial building.)

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 28, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Rotymir said:

Can we fix the bug of lost troops

stug number 28 on the list

it was loaded into a army depot I own to get repairs

image.png

Same thing happened to me just now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ClintonW said:

Same thing happened to me just now.

Same except i have a lvl5 carrier stuck in the corner of the map

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FRAN said:

Same except i have a lvl5 carrier stuck in the corner of the map

 

Hey Fran, please submit a ticket via Contact Us, thank you ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter said:

Hey Fran, please submit a ticket via Contact Us, thank you ~

So i guess his lvl 5 carrier is more important than my stugs lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ClintonW said:

So i guess his lvl 5 carrier is more important than my stugs lol.

Hey sorry I missed your post.. Please submit a ticket to Contact Us. thanks~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/6/1 at 6:37 AM, KentParis said:

I had this problem but recently realized the problem wasn't that they were picking at random but that they did not have LoS on the other turrets. I tested the theroy by 1 city I'd only allow my scout to see 1 turret but not the other two. Even with all 3 turrets shooting (2 from the shadow non-LoS view range of scout) the stugs changed to the closest building in LoS. The next city I moved my scouts to LoS all 3 turrets. Stugs eliminated all 3 before switching to random closest building. (Keep in mind initial attack was direct targeted on 1st turret.

Exactly. We can't command troops to order a target he can't even see. Make sure he can actually see the target. Better use scout. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter said:

Hey sorry I missed your post.. Please submit a ticket to Contact Us. thanks~

Peter a ticket doesn't do any good. This is the reply. We are sorry but it's a issue we are working on to resolve. In short nothing is being done to fix the troops for us. And many are complaint a lot ATM with this bug. I think this bug need attention more than any other change ATM. We don't need new changes or anything just this bug fixed.

 

this is what contact us should say.

we are sorry for the issue we have been working on this for half a year now. We have lost countless players, because of this bug. In fact we fixed it once but not completely on our golden map when you lost a troop in a base. It would come back with in 15-30 mins. But since we went back to the old map that the bug was fixed once before in its a issue again. We are sorry you have 10 troops tied up ATM and it's become a game changer in your battlefield. But I can't fix the bugged troops for you at this time. Until we find out what's causeing it.

 

now personally I submit reports often about bugz and try my best to help you all work threw the bugs and try to give extra details so it's easyer to locate and fix. But when this has been a bug for just as long as the game has been out. I think we need some better type of system to report bugs that has plagued the game. I know of a few players that has left because of it. Even on battlefield main chat rookie has been complaining about his 12 troops for a while now. So what good does using contact us do when contact us isn't fixing a known issue.

please don't take my post as harsh but as helpful critiziem to get something done about this issue. The troops come back when you do updates. I'm not sure what brings them back on a game update. But I asked about doing system restarts daily to help with the bug until it's fixed but was told restarting a server causes more bugz. I never seen more bugz come from a restart before but dealing with PC for years anything can happen I guess. So my main point is the contact us on this issue hasn't helped anyone that I know of yet.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So tigers are gone. It's good and bad at the same time. Good part that no one will hunt them. Bad part is that no one can now get in top 3 position unless a part of a big league. I'm in a map by myself( missed entry point with my league) got the highest battlefield points and second highest territory score, yet not in top 3. I have 3 league cities and having hard time building all of them up just by myself, can't get enough flags ( no tigers to kill) to continue expansion. Enemy has five league cities and monument with 18 players on board, their bonus is 12k more then mine, no chance to catch up without tigers. I think the league bonus points should be counting for a league score but not for individual one, otherwise no point of fighting alone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rotymir said:

Peter a ticket doesn't do any good. This is the reply. We are sorry but it's a issue we are working on to resolve. In short nothing is being done to fix the troops for us. And many are complaint a lot ATM with this bug. I think this bug need attention more than any other change ATM. We don't need new changes or anything just this bug fixed.

 

this is what contact us should say.

we are sorry for the issue we have been working on this for half a year now. We have lost countless players, because of this bug. In fact we fixed it once but not completely on our golden map when you lost a troop in a base. It would come back with in 15-30 mins. But since we went back to the old map that the bug was fixed once before in its a issue again. We are sorry you have 10 troops tied up ATM and it's become a game changer in your battlefield. But I can't fix the bugged troops for you at this time. Until we find out what's causeing it.

 

now personally I submit reports often about bugz and try my best to help you all work threw the bugs and try to give extra details so it's easyer to locate and fix. But when this has been a bug for just as long as the game has been out. I think we need some better type of system to report bugs that has plagued the game. I know of a few players that has left because of it. Even on battlefield main chat rookie has been complaining about his 12 troops for a while now. So what good does using contact us do when contact us isn't fixing a known issue.

please don't take my post as harsh but as helpful critiziem to get something done about this issue. The troops come back when you do updates. I'm not sure what brings them back on a game update. But I asked about doing system restarts daily to help with the bug until it's fixed but was told restarting a server causes more bugz. I never seen more bugz come from a restart before but dealing with PC for years anything can happen I guess. So my main point is the contact us on this issue hasn't helped anyone that I know of yet.

Thank you Roty. We know this problem needs to be addressed and the programmer is working hard to find out why this always happens from time to time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

League territory. 

Hey guys let me know what you think of this idea... I think we should be able to take league territory. What I mean by this is the 3 territories surrounding a league city. Most of the time you would end up with 2 farms and a steel plant unless you get lucky. So transporting rss to the league city would still be a must. Let me know what you guys think and if you have questions ask me. Thanks guys. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to fix basic command issues.  This game is hardly out of Alpha, deep in beta.  I will go back to better programmed games that have people who actually listen to issues and do not rip off players!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WarDr said:

You need to fix basic command issues.  This game is hardly out of Alpha, deep in beta.  I will go back to better programmed games that have people who actually listen to issues and do not rip off players!!!  

How exactly do they rip off players? Also understand that this team is much smaller than the "well developed" games. It's true that it has it's bugs but that goes for every game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WarDr said:

You need to fix basic command issues.  This game is hardly out of Alpha, deep in beta.  I will go back to better programmed games that have people who actually listen to issues and do not rip off players!!!  

They do listen to their players.How about you play the game longer before coming on here saying things like that.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Commanderburger said:

They do listen to their players.How about you play the game longer before coming on here saying things like that.

I agree with commander like at first this game may seem boring but once u get into it its amazing apart from its issues 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should make the troops and everything else go a bit faster. The slowness is. It to my liking and many other people feel the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

You should make the troops and everything else go a bit faster. The slowness is. It to my liking and many other people feel the same way.

I dont think you understand what they are gong for with tht. They the units move slow so tht it brings a more strategic feeling to the game  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I took a break from the game for a few months because i got busy with real life stuff. Just came back to play some more this week. I like some of the new changes. Especially with league cities and the monuments and how that creates such a strong need for teamwork. 

One thing i dont like though how badly all of navy has been ruined. Why did you all significantly reduce the attributes of ships? The speed for cruisers and battleships was "2"... Now changed to only "1.2" it just took me about 30 hours just to sail a short way across the map. Ships are already limited since they cant attack inland... Why make them nearly twice as slow as before also? The range has also been lowered. So has sight. Attack power for cruisers also greatly reduced. Its so bad that when i came back my team mates warned me not to waste time with ships. I ignored them and tried some out to see how it goes. And ive been sorely disappointed. A navy with 20 cruisers and 20 battleships plus 3 aircraft carriers filled with a dozen or so bombers and fighters seems to be a waste of time and resources. They dont kill buildings fast enough (mostly because cruiser attack vs most everything was lowered to an "infantry-like" 200). How can a cruiser have less attack power against something than an infantry or a motor unit?) Lol. Thats just stupid. Also with the lowered range, they cant even reach buildings that are RIGHT alongside the water. Here i am attacking a city exposed to the ocean but the ships cant reach it... Even with the help of a scout plane to add the sight that you took away. The guy im attacking is laughing at me and you can see in bottom corner where even he says that developers have ruined navy in the game. Can someone please make the stats what they were before? 400 range/300 sight for battleships. 500 sight/ 300 range for cruisers. Better attack power for cruisers. Speed 2 for cruisers and battleships. Please fix this asap or navy in your game will continue to be the laughingstock of war gaming world amongst experienced players who understand the way things work. 

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingCB said:

Hello. I took a break from the game for a few months because i got busy with real life stuff. Just came back to play some more this week. I like some of the new changes. Especially with league cities and the monuments and how that creates such a strong need for teamwork. 

One thing i dont like though how badly all of navy has been ruined. Why did you all significantly reduce the attributes of ships? The speed for cruisers and battleships was "2"... Now changed to only "1.2" it just took me about 30 hours just to sail a short way across the map. Ships are already limited since they cant attack inland... Why make them nearly twice as slow as before also? The range has also been lowered. So has sight. Attack power for cruisers also greatly reduced. Its so bad that when i came back my team mates warned me not to waste time with ships. I ignored them and tried some out to see how it goes. And ive been sorely disappointed. A navy with 20 cruisers and 20 battleships plus 3 aircraft carriers filled with a dozen or so bombers and fighters seems to be a waste of time and resources. They dont kill buildings fast enough (mostly because cruiser attack vs most everything was lowered to an "infantry-like" 200). How can a cruiser have less attack power against something than an infantry or a motor unit?) Lol. Thats just stupid. Also with the lowered range, they cant even reach buildings that are RIGHT alongside the water. Here i am attacking a city exposed to the ocean but the ships cant reach it... Even with the help of a scout plane to add the sight that you took away. The guy im attacking is laughing at me and you can see in bottom corner where even he says that developers have ruined navy in the game. Can someone please make the stats what they were before? 400 range/300 sight for battleships. 500 sight/ 300 range for cruisers. Better attack power for cruisers. Speed 2 for cruisers and battleships. Please fix this asap or navy in your game will continue to be the laughingstock of war gaming world amongst experienced players who understand the way things work. 

image.jpg

Im guessing what they went for is each ship has its own role like now the unit with the biggest view is the destroyer i guess this prevents people from just spamming cruisers and battleships and rek the whole coastline of the map tho i do think they need to move faster they are very slow. What they could do is just lower the amount of rss it takes to make them and the level of the city cause having to wait like 4 days to get to lvl15 just for carriers then getting them and having to make more just because they dont have enough space to house your units is kind of annoying. 

Also if only they would add a better way to put your fleet in formation like lets say youre gonna go to sleep u dont have to waste like 20 minutes just to do this 

image.png

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, FRAN said:

Im guessing what they went for is each ship has its own role like now the unit with the biggest view is the destroyer i guess this prevents people from just spamming cruisers and battleships and rek the whole coastline of the map tho i do think they need to move faster they are very slow. What they could do is just lower the amount of rss it takes to make them and the level of the city cause having to wait like 4 days to get to lvl15 just for carriers then getting them and having to make more just because they dont have enough space to house your units is kind of annoying. 

Also if only they would add a better way to put your fleet in formation like lets say youre gonna go to sleep u dont have to waste like 20 minutes just to do this 

image.png

I love the idea of being able to set formation of troops and squads.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to Waffles, Commanderburger and anyone else.  First, there are some issues that playing this game longer would not help clarify.  I was going to post over 15 days of conversation between myself and "Veronica" a customer service person for the game programmers; however ironically after I posted I was going to do that and went to the Contact Us section, the entire conversation was deleted.  

I will summarize the first 22 days of game play for me.  I began playing because the strategic aspect and game play speed intrigued me.  The basic design premiss is quite good and compared to War of Nations, a game I have played daily for over 18 months, seemed to offer me the interactive experience with strategy I have been looking for.  Like all in game purchase apps, I quickly learned that to learn quickly and survive without getting frustrated, I would need to buy gems; I purchased the 30 day package that offers 2,000 gems a day.

My fist issues were units not responding to commands.  Units would not break contact or follow through on commands.  Veronica kept insisting it was a line of sight issue, except my units were ignoring threats close to them and attacking turrets further away.  This scenario played out on multiple attacks, costing me 20+ units over a short time; I burned 5-6,000 gems rebuilding quickly because a team was being hyper aggressive against new players and I did not want to be run off.  I contacted programmers about issues, was dismissed as someone who was just a complainer.

This issue kept happening.  I would launch a two or three point attack with scout planes,bombers, arty and more, only to have units ignore orders to attack units I did not want to attack and ignore turrets or other units.  Veronica kept insisting it was a line of sight issue but these units are attacking farms and other things farther away and ignoring attacks from closer units.  Overall before I put a pause in my play, I lost just over 16,000 gems to replenish and fight off attackers all needed because I was losing units that kept ignoring commands.

Finally, in. Addition to this, I did not receive my daily 2,000 gem email two days in a row.  Once again Veronica just blew off my complaint.  I requested on four different occasions just two things; one was the notation of the game play algorithm issue, it is clearly a programming issue related to coordinated attacks from multiple units on multiple fronts.  I also asked for half of the 16,000 gems, because I felt I would have still lost units in the action.  I also asked for them to resend me the two missing daily 2,000 gem emails; I GOT NOTHING but a bunch of excuses and blame on my gameplay and or ignorance of the game.

So now I am collecting my daily gems for one last game play.  I about half done with a review I intend to publish via my company, that has thousands of followers and readers, and will also spend time here commenting on repetitive and inconsistent issues.

This has become a principal issue for me.  Instead of being objective and just giving me my 12,000 gems back, I got a customer service rep who's job appears to be one that defers issues and hopes we will fade to black.

One other observation.  This game has great potential but amazingly high new player losses.  People like you two and I potentially go a long way to building game credibility, it's amazing the management would jeopardize the games credibility over 12,000 gems!  I provided them with my direct contact information too, funny they ignored that, I am CEO of a 20 year old multi-national firm; not someone who generally spends so much time trying to engage and help and be blown off so blatantly.

My conclusion is these people are a scam.  They got my $29.95 and will live off as many others who will coin early and do not read the forums or other posts.  My goal is to warn off as many as I can, I've already saved tens of players money and Intend to continue until either they make it right or ban me.

 

Good day to you!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...