World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Global Trade

MD3

Hello everyone, I think there should be a global trade menu. Pretty much there is a market where you can exchange and trade goods with other players. For example, I am in heavy need of oil, I have plenty of steel though. So... I go on the Trade Market and I look for someone who is looking to exchange oil for silver. I find someone then click exchange. Now I got what I need. 

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On May 15, 2016 at 0:57 PM, MD3 said:

Hello everyone, I think there should be a global trade menu. Pretty much there is a market where you can exchange and trade goods with other players. For example, I am in heavy need of oil, I have plenty of steel though. So... I go on the Trade Market and I look for someone who is looking to exchange oil for silver. I find someone then click exchange. Now I got what I need. 

I love this, but I would also like to add that when transporting resources, I would like to be able to transport them directly to other league members if I need to, not send them to a league city the. From there send them to the league mate

• 8 months later...

Rather than trading resources.. Ie the bartering system I believe there needs to be created a currency trade system in which prices for each good vary depending on scarcity and thus given a true worth for each product to the players and then players have the choice to mark up or down on there products on the market.. If you could follow that.. It would be the optimum system of trade

I love this, but I would also like to add that when transporting resources, I would like to be able to transport them directly to other league members if I need to, not send them to a league city the. From there send them to the league mate

You can already do this. Use the commerce center, select personal, then select the allied city tab. It will list all league mates and allied cities

If we change the system away from using our Commercial Centers, it will begin to upset the balance of the game.  Just off the top of my head:

a) Too far from you LC to send resources easily or timely?   Just trade with a closer league mate and let him send it.   In the isles map, one could get resources to the other islands very quickly.

b) Want to get a league advantage early in the game?   Have every one trade with 1-2 league mates, well before Commercial Center L5 are available.  Then let these 1-2 league mates forge quickly ahead to level 8.

Not saying either of these are the end of the world, but these and others could push the game into undesirable balance!

I just dont see the need for this as already pointed out we can currently send supplies to our allies thus the trading aspect is already in place. Lets say one league has more steel RZs then their neighboring league who have more oil there is nothing stopping them from trading the only caviat is that they need to be allied which makes perfect sense.

I understand that you are requesting for a centralized system where you can sell your excess and buy what you need in system that is ruled by the laws of offer and demand like a stock exchange but this would not work in this game. 

The reason being that we all have the same needs at the same stage of the BF. For instance early on we are all hurting for steel and I dont care how many steel RZs I capture I am constantly and consistantly hurting for steel until mid game. After this stage its rubber we are needing badly followed by oil.

Its simpmy the way the game is designed what the unit costs and building costs are and the order in which they are unlocked. What I am trying to say is I doubt that there will be any steel offers in the stock exchange early on so whats the point and so forth until late game.

• Upvote 1