World Warfare
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Night day cycle

Graywing

We all know that war dose not happen only in the day that is why I propose a night time .

At a certain time on the map it will become night . When it is night time troops will have lower visibility  and a chance to miss example , scout planes range is 360 at night it would be 180.

also villages will have very little visibility to counter that recon vehicles will only have a 1/4 view deduction compared to everything else also a patrol button to follow roads ,makes them more useful.

another thing is that units will not be seen from scout planes when they are in forest this allows for an ambush or an ability to go into a base undetected by air   . 

Right now there is a lot in progress and I will add things later 

- GRAYWING

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I like the idea behind this, but players are in different time zones tho..

I think he means the game should have its own independent cycle so it's not running off a country's cycle. Like have its own night and day separate from the actual times 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Graywing said:

What I mean is as soon as it starts a new battle field it is day on the map and after a couple of hours it will become night on the map timezones don't matter

One problem with that. The clock in game is an actually clock. If you notice, the 1 day it counts down is an actual day in real life.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On May 12, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Waffles said:

One problem with that. The clock in game is an actually clock. If you notice, the 1 day it counts down is an actual day in real life.

Try putting a clock in the bf. When the games starts, it will say12:00 noon (any other time if necessary), then daylights change to nights and back every 12 hours. Use 6 am to 6 pm.

6 hours ago, Potter said:

Try putting a clock in the bf. When the games starts, it will say12:00 noon (any other time if necessary), then daylights change to nights and back every 12 hours. Use 6 am to 6 pm.

Yes, but the bf are global meaning ppl from all parts of globe can be placed into it. That means if the clock aligns with a time to specific region then players that don't align with time will face more disadvantages or advantages based on where they live and their play time.

On July 24, 2016 at 5:07 AM, Waffles said:

Yes, but the bf are global meaning ppl from all parts of globe can be placed into it. That means if the clock aligns with a time to specific region then players that don't align with time will face more disadvantages or advantages based on where they live and their play time.

I don't really sleep so it won't really effect me 

• 3 weeks later...
On July 28, 2016 at 0:00 AM, Graywing said:

I don't really sleep so it won't really effect me 

And that's the issue with most suggestions. Selfish. Now if it was every 2 hours it changed night to day and vice versa that's one thing. But there are thousands that play this game. Just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean it won't effect others. 

• 2 months later...
On August 22, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Boredomfalls said:

And that's the issue with most suggestions. Selfish. Now if it was every 2 hours it changed night to day and vice versa that's one thing. But there are thousands that play this game. Just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean it won't effect others. 

I sense hostility my dudes